• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prometheus (Alien 'prequel' movie) starts shooting March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate 3D glasses, esp. b/c I wear 'real' glasses. It sucks.

That's why I'll see The Hobbit and Prometheus in 2D the first time if possible, then go back later for 3D.

I find 3D a constant annoyance and it detracts from the movie experience for me. I'm in the same boat as Melchiah in that i'll actively avoid a movie if a cinema is only offering 3D sessions.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
i still don't get why they just don't release the original thing already. everyone's seen it off cam now.

i still don't get why they just don't release the original thing already. everyone's seen it off cam now.

Most likely the scenes inserted into the trailer appear to be placeholder until they're approved. Which is why you have the Card 1 and Card 2 at the end for the film's name credits.

Chiggs

Wow. That trailer looks awesome. I don't think there's any doubt that this will be epic.

Edit: Oh, and lots of Event Horizon talk in this thread. Well...that movie sucks shit.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Wow. That trailer looks awesome. I don't think there's any doubt that this will be epic.

Edit: Oh, and lots of Event Horizon talk in this thread. Well...that movie sucks shit.

after this opinion I'm sure that the trailer sucks shit too.

Eagerly awaiting for HD version.

Oh, and lots of Event Horizon talk in this thread. Well...that movie sucks shit.

oh my god I thought I was alone. I avoided it because it seemed terrible, but the cult classic status and everyone claiming how great and scary it is forced me to watch it, and it was really bad.

Still not feeling it. Something looks off. Why does it look like some Syfy TV series in terms of design? :(

Because it hasn't been colour corrected in those pics. I'm guessing these are from the on-set stills photographer and not direct grabs from the film itself. I'd guess only the pic of them moving toward the sculpture is a shot from the actual film.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The jars and the human face infer some kind of religious thing. The jars are artificial eggs. The face human? Maybe some ancient human species genetically infect interlopers like the first movie. And in this one the infecting agent is sort of human looking?

No clue.

Because it hasn't been colour corrected in those pics. I'm guessing these are from the on-set stills photographer and not direct grabs from the film itself. I'd guess only the pic of them moving toward the sculpture is a shot from the actual film.

Yeah, definitely. No way are these stills.

duckroll

I think the wide shot of them gathering around the light on the ground is the only film screen actually. The Big sculpture shot seems like something they specifically cropped and finished as some sort of poster shot. Either way, it just feels a bit odd to me. The costume design decisions seem to invoke more of a Star Trek feel than an Aliens feel, but maybe that's what Scott is going for this time? I dunno.

Edit: I'm talking about this one.

qVYmm.jpg

The jars and the human face infer some kind of religious thing. The jars are artificial eggs. The face human? Maybe some ancient human species genetically infect interlopers like the first movie. And in this one the infecting agent is sort of human looking?

No clue.

Sort of human looking?

big-papa-brando-apocalypse-now.jpg

yeah they look like crap. Looks like it's trying to be a Lost in Space throwback or some kind of 50s sci-fi forbidden planet shit.

Don't like the retro look at all.

GhaleonEB

Those suits only look worse the more I can see of them.

Yup. And for that reason the only shot that is passable is the one duckroll posted, where you can barely make them out. They just look...wrong, transported from a totally different film universe. Just goofy.

Maybe that's the twist.

Amalthea

Banned
I think the wide shot of them gathering around the light on the ground is the only film screen actually. The Big sculpture shot seems like something they specifically cropped and finished as some sort of poster shot. Either way, it just feels a bit odd to me. The costume design decisions seem to invoke more of a Star Trek feel than an Aliens feel, but maybe that's what Scott is going for this time? I dunno.

Edit: I'm talking about this one.

Is there a dead jockey or a xenomorph in the lower right side of the picture?

Excited, but it does look all Star Trek rather than Space Truckers. Also that redhead lass looks like the redhead lass from Myth Busters. Perhaps they're doing an Alien Special.

Oh, I see Damon Lindelof has his fingers in the screenplay. Suddenly feel cautious.

hteng

Banned
what's with the giant human face? i thought aliens came from space jockeys fucking around with genetic engineering?

duckroll

Other sites have the images up now, and it seems the photos came with descriptions. All the photos except the one I pasted are credited to Kerry Brown (including the one with the big head), which confirms they are all set photos.

The one that looks like a real screen from film is "Courtesy Twentieth Century Fox". The description is "Noomi Rapace (left) and Kate Dickie (with Michael Fassbender in the background) explore the Ampule room."

cdyhybrid

I...is that Charlize Theron? And Fassbender? :O It is! Have been on blackout for this movie. Had no idea who got casted. Idris Elba?! Nice.

AniHawk

Yup. And for that reason the only shot that is passable is the one duckroll posted, where you can barely make them out. They just look...wrong, transported from a totally different film universe. Just goofy.

Maybe that's the twist.

maybe it's the standard weyland-yutani uniform. all companies have awful-looking uniforms.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The costumes and ship aesthetics are bizarrely clean and sleek, which I don't really like at all, but I'm still on board.

AniHawk

or maybe this is the first time people are really exploring space, so everything's brand new. in later films, the ships are old and worn, and people stopped caring about what they wore, especially as more blue collar type people made the cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom