• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROMETHEUS Full Theatrical Trailer (2:32) + International UK trailer (2:47)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Time to go full out detective-mode on this trailer

It's basically all ancient-astronaut stuff. The second one is this:

jIAjs.gif

Suairyu

Banned
Whatever happened to all the footage of American Gangster concerning the trial and post-release from jail? I swear I read in an Empire article (yeah, I know) that Scott ultimately had to excise an entire fourth act to the film in order to make it more focused. It has such a rushed ending.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
The original Alien would probably be PG-13 if it weren't for the language. It's not gory at all.

laaame

I'm going to assume that is the beginning of the xenomorphs or at least their first form that the space jockeys drop on planets.

Hasn't it been confirmed that xenomorphs will not appear in the movie? The trailer does show a lot of Alien-ish stuff though so maybe a face hugger at most.

Simo

We were talking about in the other thread but at 2:03 in the trailer...
...what if it is a chest burster but it's been extracted from Shaw? You cans see the device is holding it in the pod and there's some kind of umbilical cord looking thing going from "it" to her abdomen...

Thoughts?

MyEpitomeCliché;36127187 said:
It being rated R does not mean it will be a better film. This goes for any movie, ever, as well. I just don't understand the logic. In Ridley we trust.

You're a fool. Tell me that Schindler's List would have been just as powerful rated PG13. How about Apocalypse Now? A Clockwork Orange?

Holy shitballs. Just seen the Teaser Trailer 60 minutes ago and my jaw dropped watching that. No seriously my mouth was open in shock and amazement and turned into a "grin & open jaw look".
And then that cristal clear 1080p trailer was dropped like a bomb on me and just showed me that Cameron can crawl back into a hole.
How does Ridley Scott's CG look so damn amazing without turning into somekind of Final Fantasy CGI cutscene looking videogame, as in Avatar? And whoever is editing these teasers and trailers is a GODTIER trailer creator. Or the source material is just completely over the top good.

I am stunned. Just stunned.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
chestburster.

Is PG-13 material by today's standards. Watch that scene again, there is some blood and that's about it. You don't ever see it actually coming out of his skin, just eventually poking through his shirt, looking around and then running. It's also extremely brief. It's horrifying but it's not particularly gory.

$hawty

Banned
MyEpitomeCliché;36127187 said:
It being rated R does not mean it will be a better film. This goes for any movie, ever, as well. I just don't understand the logic. In Ridley we trust.

Yes it does. The more bloody, the more thrilling. Blood everywhere doesn't inherently make it better...but the suspense of someone getting gruesomely killed adds value. Easily logical.

You're a fool. Tell me that Schindler's List would have been just as powerful rated PG13. How about Apocalypse Now? A Clockwork Orange?

Yes, they wouldn't exist as we know them. It all depends on how the director wants to convey his vision. When excessive violence is used effectively and with purpose, it should be implemented as need be, and if it further progresses narrative scope and character development, all the better. When it's just there because, whoa, shock value, it's meaningless and trivial. This film will be fine at PG-13. I know it, and you know it, Sculli.

Hasn't it been confirmed that xenomorphs will not appear in the movie? The trailer does show a lot of Alien-ish stuff though so maybe a face hugger at most.
I didn't say they would be appearing, just that is one of (perhaps THE) method the space jockeys use to eradicate life on planets. Maybe what he's looking at is the initial stage and we won't see anything beyond the threat of it being unleashed on earth.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Looks incredible. It's going to kick ass in 3D.

MyEpitomeCliché;36127364 said:
Yes, they wouldn't exist as we know them. It all depends on how the director wants to convey his vision. When excessive violence is used effectively and with purpose, it should be implemented as need be, and if it further progresses narrative scope and character development, all the better. When it's just there because, whoa, shock value, it's meaningless and trivial. This film will be fine at PG-13. I know it, and you know it, Sculli.

No, I don't know it. PG13 means that a director's vision is being compromised if the rating is being catered towards. Scott's initial comments about making this a hard R, nasty affair directly tells us that his original vision has been at least somewhat compromised. It means pulling your punches and making specific cuts, shooting specific angles and approaching scenes differently not because they are better options, but because they are the options available if you want to get it in at a PG13 rating.

$hawty

Banned
DerZuhälter;36127260 said:
Holy shitballs. Just seen the Teaser Trailer 60 minutes ago and my jaw dropped watching that. No seriously my mouth was open in shock and amazement and turned into a "grin & open jaw look".
And then that cristal clear 1080p trailer was dropped like a bomb on me and just showed me that Cameron can crawl back into a hole.
How does Ridley Scott's CG look so damn amazing without turning into somekind of Final Fantasy CGI cutscene looking videogame, as in Avatar? And whoever is editing these teasers and trailers is a GODTIER trailer creator. Or the source material is just completely over the top good.

I am stunned. Just stunned.

Calm down. Avatar was a visual masterpiece on the big screen. This takes nothing away from it.

jett

D-Member
No, I don't know it. PG13 means that a director's vision is being compromised if the rating is being catered towards. Scott's initial comments about making this a hard R, nasty affair directly tells us that his original vision has been at least somewhat compromised. It means pulling your punches and making specific cuts, shooting specific angles and approaching scenes differently not because they are better options, but because they are the options available if you want to get it in at a PG13 rating.

It's all Espielbergo's fault, if it wasn't for him PG-13 wouldn't exist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom