• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prototypes(?): Wii Controller

Looks like some kind of cap that plugs into the back of the controller when nunchuck part is not used.

But it says "Wireless transceivers" at the page...

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
000483631_0008_1.jpg

Yah, thats pretty rad.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
wiimotes.jpg

Very interesting to see the different ideas. Also I noticed that they are all called 'Control devices for electronic games' except the last one which is called 'Casings for control devices for electronic games', and it also seems to be slightly larger.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
*prays*

PleasegobacktotherectangularpowerbuttonPleasegobacktotherectangularpowerbuttonPleasegobacktotherectangularpowerbuttonPleasegobacktotherectangularpowerbutton

Yes, that's my only concern as of right now. Oh, and they better keep the clear buttons.

Tadaima

Roders5 said:
Very interesting to see the different ideas. Also I noticed that they are all called 'Control devices for electronic games' except the last one which is called 'Casings for control devices for electronic games', and it also seems to be slightly larger.

Hmm.. It also suits the older version of the Wiimote, rather than the current one.

Tadaima

To anyone who played using the Nunchuck: Does the analogue stick click down (L3 style), or is it still nothing more than a stick (GameCube style)?

Roders5 said:

I guess they'll be offering faceplates perhaps.

Eddz said:
To anyone who played using the Nunchuck: Does the analogue stick click down (L3 style), or is it still nothing more than a stick (GameCube style)?
I don't remember it clicking. I'm pretty sure it's GC style.

Porridge

neo geo pocket did indeed have a great control stick, although i kinda thought the clicking noise made it sound a little fragile

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Roders5 said:
wiimotes.jpg

small gripe. you size matched them by length. the speaker iteration is longer than the others you should have used a constant like the home button to size match.

I actually like the version with a button cluster around the big A. I don't think the Dpad is a great primary input and I would like more than two primary inputs and an unrealiable cluster. Weapon selection and all is fine on the Dpad but the A button should have a kidney x & y to the left and right with the A button raised higher.

EDIT: Like this
180.jpg

Roders5 said:
wiimotes.jpg

I like the first one than the final design, because it has the voice reciever.
Barry Lightning said:
seriously? that speaker in the controller shit might be the most brilliant thing since the rumble pack, for sure.
Looks like someone was ahead of me! Damn you. :D

scola said:
I actually like the version with a button cluster around the big A. I don't think the Dpad is a great primary input and I would like more than two primary inputs and an unrealiable cluster. Weapon selection and all is fine on the Dpad but the A button should have a kidney x & y to the left and right with the A button raised higher.

EDIT: Like this
180.jpg

I like that. But on the other hand, having just one primary button has its own advances, so I'm not sure which would be better in the long run.

Rlan

I'm surprised they never tried to intergrate a SNES-like 1-4 button scheme, instead of the 1 and 2 buttons.

But then, you'd need shoulder buttons too, and it would just get complicated.

Top Bottom