• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Provocative Russia Today ads rejected at US airports *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lich_King

2a0mgqv.jpg

now remove "nuclear" and you have a great Republican ad :lol

The Experiment said:
http://daryldean.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/dprk_1.jpg

"Wow, how insightful!"

- Official NeoGAF Oxygen Thief fortified_concept[/QUOTE]

Oh look guys, the psycho stalker is trolling me in yet another thread. Do you anything to do with Hitler Stole My Potato? Because your level of "infatuation" with me can only be matched by his insanity when he was posting here.

El Sloth

Banned
crowphoenix said:
I agree with you. The images are both stark and startling enough to stick with a person long after they've seen them, and that's a good thing if your creating propaganda.

However, if I had to change something on the camera/AK image, I would replace it with the "Is terror only inflicted by terrorists?" tag-line.

I was thinking the same exact thing. The whole H1N1 scare comes immediately to mind. I would love to read an article on which of the two is actually more harmful at the moment.

KillerAJD

I actually made a propaganda poster for my US Government class that was just like the Ahmadinejad/Obama poster. Instead of having them be on top of each other and changing the transparency, I put their portraits on opposite sides of the poster so when you held it up to the light, you could see both faces melded together. I demand payment! :lol I guess overall they're okay though. A bit amateurish, but they sure got people talking about them, so that was a success.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
29vjx1y.jpg

Correct me if Im wrong. But dont a lot of reporters get killed in russia? Seems kinda ironic to me.

BattleMonkey said:
Except it's not silly. This is an airport choosing what is allowed on their walls. They have every right to choose what is and isn't allowed on their own walls, these are paid advertisements. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with private advertising.

When the airport is run by or funded by taxpayer money, they do NOT have a right to restrict speech.

A private airport can do what it wants.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
These seem like ads with an agenda.. propaganda at its best.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Dooraven said:
I don't understand this one. I think it has a police officer and something else.

29vjx1y.jpg

This is really really good.

yep that's running in UK and it's awesome. It's a more than a bit influenced by an artist called Patrick Thomas though.

35_kalashnikov_and_rickenbacker_red-blue_on_silver.png

34_heart_target.png

18_peace_israel_palestine.png

nib95

Banned
I've seen these on billboards all over London. Very good campaign. Imo, the most potent are the soldier and Obama one's. Since they pose a question that so many are either in denial about, or simply ignorant to. The one with the AK/camera is a bit obvious, though still well implemented as far as aesthetics and more obvious messages go.

kid ness

Instigator said:
Interesting that these ads are thought-provoking with everything except Russia itself. Why bother with the name Russia Today?
That's probably why they've chosen to display themselves as RT in this advertisement.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cameron's million dollar stereoscope technology put good use I see.

SmokyDave

These ads seem pretty good but the last place you want to be thinking about this sort of thing is a US airport. The brainwave scanners will grass you up and you'll end up with a mans hand in your bottom.

Some or all of the above may be a lie.

SmokyDave

Tntnnbltn said:
Is there any way to set these scanners off intentionally?
Mmm hmm. Think about not having a mans hand in your bottom. If you can't manage that, think Islamic thoughts.

Edit: Take your own nail-clippers, these guys are amateurs.

Dead Man

A lot of people in this thread are upset about some pictures they say are stupid. Mission accomplished by the Russians, I guess.
fanboi said:
2a0mgqv.jpg

WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
:lol Perfect.
Tntnnbltn said:
Is there any way to set these scanners off intentionally?
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom