• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS All-Stars Update: New Stage, New Characters, New Minions (Patch Live)

What the heck, I clicked on that Minion DLC on the store cause it said it was free but then it took money out of my wallet? What the hell? I just lost a dollar!

Thoraxes

I can't even be mad at this patch.

3xDROwv.jpg

ascii42

Even Heihachi, as much as Tekken was exclusive for so long, he's an existing fighting game character. Most of the fun with these fighting game franchises is how they adapt the characters into fighting game combatants. Having a guy with basically all the stuff there already makes him boring IMO. Oh, he punches and kicks. That's basically all he's able to do - now if it was from a fighting game with a lot more flashy stuff I'd maybe think it could be cool but Heihachi is just boring IMO.

I agree, but I think if ever there was a time for it, it'd be a Tekken representative in this game.

Yeah I just realized I have no room on my Vita's card, so I'll have to wait until I get my 32GB card tomorrow :( Still can't believe the patch is almost a gig, so insanely stupid.

Skyzard

Banned
I agree, but I think if ever there was a time for it, it'd be a Tekken representative in this game.

I was saying the same about Heihachi, less suited for a fun brawler like this than say Gun Jack or my favourite, Yoshimitsu. Yoshi has well flashy moves anyway and they could adapt new ones for Gun Jack.

Redownloading the patch on PS3... hopefully will get to preview the characters on my PS3 US account.. not working so far even though I can download and install the lock keys. :S Of course I'm launching the game from my US account too.

Maybe it's because there is no online pass on the US account :/

Ploid 3.0

I almost beat Clockwork!!! When I first saw his tag I wondered how he unlocked that (not knowing it was the Clock), then I saw the name and freaked out. !!!!!!!!!!!!

GG Clock, Emmett powa!

Man this game!

I saw him saving up for level 3 and I didn't even think it was that good (being conditioned to avoid level 3 at all costs on my other characters (E.Cole, Jak). Level 3 looks awesome for 4player ffa. Use airstrike before time runs out for extra kills.

Necrovex

My friend showed me a picture of Kat, and in the corner I saw Emmett. However, when I saw the shot, I really thought Emmett was Lee (from Walking Dead).

anddo0

I went ahead and purchased the dlc level for offline play. I've barley played this game. But I'm looking into putting some serious time with the Vita version.

Emmett doesn't seem very fun to use. Feels so stiff.

I'm not a fan of anyone in this game who uses ranged attacks.

Ploid 3.0

NJh2Uuj.jpg

How do I unlock the first two costumes in this picture? The second 2 seem to be the point unlock, the first two has to be dlc costumes, is it sold or will be sold?

ZeroAKA

NJh2Uuj.jpg

How do I unlock the first two costumes in this picture? The second 2 seem to be the point unlock, the first two has to be dlc costumes, is it sold or will be sold?
The alternate costumes will probably be sold for $1.99 each sometime in the future if the older costume DLCs are anything to go by.

A.E Suggs

The alternate costumes will probably be sold for $1.99 each sometime in the future if the older costume DLCs are anything to go by.

Funny how they didn't give her the schoolgirl costume as default but gave us the one that the least people liked. Still they couldn't go wrong with any of her costumes but I don't get not picking the schoolgirl costume (when its an actual costume you can earn in her game) at all.

KalBalboa

Banned
Loving both new characters and the stage. Having a Warhawk solider and Elena as minions are great perks, too.

I bet we'll see trophies added for Emmett & Kat when their DLC goes paid. It's odd neither has a bronze for beating their respective "campaign."

hymanator

Can't find the characters in the PSN Store, are they just included with the patch?

You have to dig in the PSN Store to find them. They didn't advertise any of the new dlc at all. The patch has the actual character data, but you still need to go in the store to get the keys to unlock them. Might be easier to search for them and buy them from your browser:
store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Loona

Even Heihachi, as much as Tekken was exclusive for so long, he's an existing fighting game character. Most of the fun with these fighting game franchises is how they adapt the characters into fighting game combatants. Having a guy with basically all the stuff there already makes him boring IMO. Oh, he punches and kicks. That's basically all he's able to do - now if it was from a fighting game with a lot more flashy stuff I'd maybe think it could be cool but Heihachi is just boring IMO.

Tekken's a more grounded game, so it's still interesting to see how he handles himself in an environment with a lot more jumping. For one, it let the devs take some liberties with a couple of his supers that wouldn't be viable in his home series, even if they're havily based on the Tekken lore - the way I see it, it's part of the charm with crossovers that differ in gameplay from the source games.

So you can DL the new characters for free without owning the game yet?
If so, that'll give me some time to compare proces.

KalBalboa

Banned
Tekken's a more grounded game, so it's still interesting to see how he handles himself in an environment with a lot more jumping. For one, it let the devs take some liberties with a couple of his supers that wouldn't be viable in his home series, even if they're havily based on the Tekken lore - the way I see it, it's part of the charm with crossovers that differ in gameplay from the source games.

So you can DL the new characters for free without owning the game yet?

If so, that'll give me some time to compare proces.

Yeah, it's kind of a no brainer.

Find it funny that the new stage they introduce to PSASBR is themed on one IP Sony completely forgot about and one IP they dismembered by closing down the studio that was synonymous with it.

Moofers

I'm very excited for these new characters and the new stage. I thought it was a shame that WipEout wasn't represented already, so its good to see it in there finally.

And Gravity Rush is fucking awesome. I can't wait to see how Kat shakes things up here. Not much of a Starhawk guy, but the idea of building support weapons (turrets, etc) is kind of cool so I'll see how that goes.

Very happy this is out!

Top Bottom