• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ April 2019 (The Surge + Conan Exiles)

spawn

PS plus is $5 a month. Think about how much you pay for coffee a month and think $5 a month lets me play online and I might get a good free game here and there. I say it's not a bad deal at all

VertigoOA

Banned
Conan looked cooler than expected. I’ll give it a shot. Love my souls games too...

Overall good month if you ask me

DonF

I thought that removing ps3 and Vita games would improve the budget/quality of ps4 games. Boy I was wrong.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
PS plus is $5 a month. Think about how much you pay for coffee a month and think $5 a month lets me play online and I might get a good free game here and there. I say it's not a bad deal at all
I hear ya.

Gaming is something being cheap is forever, and every game, controller and system has to be forged at certain prices forever.

Everything else in life from food, homes, cars, a pair of jeans, cellhpones, coffees and lattes can be increased in pricing and nobody cares.

But a game has to be $60 US, and consoles have this mystical $400 price barrier.

I remember a Honda Civic in Canada could be bought for $14,000. I bought one long time ago where it was $18,000 (mid model LX automatic). Checking their website now, an LX automatic is about $24,000. So in about 20 years or so, a Civic has gone up around $10,000. I'm sure the US has seen similar price increases in 20 years.

Yet a video game still has to be $60 US and a console no more than $400 or sales drop like a rock.

Rayderism

I already have The Surge from a PSN pricing glitch a while back where it was accidentally free for a short time. Honestly didn't care for it though.

While I'll "purchase" Conan Exiles, I don't think I'll care for it much either as it's mainly a MP game with a SP campaign that I suspect is really just tacked on in an attempt to get more anti-MP people (like me) playing it.

I buy so many freaking PS4 games that I'm to a point where I've already bought anything I really care about and am just waiting for new games to be released that I might like. The "games" category of my PS4 library says 383 games. I've always been kind of obsessive like that.

I've platined Lords of the Fallen, so The Surge is great for me.
(I made the mistake of trying to beat Lords of the Fallen game++. That didn't scale well. It would take me forever to go through a boss.)

Conan Exiles sounds like a very bad game though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How about December 2015?

Gauntlet Slayer Edition and only the first episode of Kings Quest.

Now thats a shitty month.

That also came with Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, SSX, Freedom Wars, and Rocketbirds.

Granted, 6 objectively not-great games. But better still than one "ok" game and one multiplayer only online game, definitely more variety at the very least.

Sejan

I was a big fan of the surge. It is a fairly competent sci-fi dark souls clone with mech exoskeletons. I’ve played it through 2-3 times. I actually downloaded it again when it was announced as a free game in hopes that the dlc will be discounted.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The surge i got it free thanks to Neogaf Friends for error price.

Conan Exiles... well i think is great.

Sony have no excuse to only give us 2 games for the price... such a bullshit company

KiteGr

I started Playing Conan Exiles and I have a few questions, but I don't want to start a new thread for that!
The server system confuses me.

1. How do I save my character. I logged out of the official server I was playing, and upon returning to the game, there was not hint or list of the server I've last played on, or my character. Do I have to make a new one every time i jump on an online game?
2. Are there any official servers that allow nudity? There is not way to tell from the server list, and from what I've seen, the only ones that allow it are custom servers with ridiculous modifiers. I want to play the game with Vanila Settings and full nudity..
3. Can you suggest any good servers?
4. There seems to be a bug with my character's body disappearing when I get to closse. It's as easy to trigger as attempting to change my character's name in the character creation where the camera zooms on his/her label. It always triggers. Anyone alse has this?

Needless to say, my edition is the EU PS4 edition recently given on plus.

Top Bottom