• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Eye tech demos (pretty awesome stuff!)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
In another thread Pana mentioned feeding drawings into games for user-generated content, and my mind was sparked with so many ideas for that, so it's nice to see them doing stuff like that!

Dizzle24

Cool.

Hopefully they will release some games like that to make good use of the Eye.

'cuz I'm not playing that Yu-gi-oh crap that's out now. :lol

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Those rock, everyone flood the blog with requests to get those demos on PSN.

Use a tablet PC to draw the raw material and present to the PS Eye, FTW.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Haha that third video is nuts!

"So what objects you play with? *Slams banana on the table*" :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Pretty cool.
I'll buy a PS EYE once the price drops a bit. I could get the Eye of Judgment bundle, but I'm not that much of a card game fan.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
They could have something like this in LittleBigPlanet for 'importing' things into a game. Maybe for backdrops, and 2D cut-out thingies and stuff. So instead of drawing a background with the tools, you could draw one on paper, and then import it, maybe with some stylisation filters or the like. I know you can import pictures as stickers, but this could be a little step up from that.

_RT_

Kaako said:
Pretty cool.
I'll buy a PS EYE once the price drops a bit. I could get the Eye of Judgment bundle, but I'm not that much of a card game fan.

$30 from CompUSA doesn't seem like that bad a price.
I don't really have a need for it yet though. So I'll wait for now.

If I was there I would draw a 2d platformer with a little person to jump around. That looks like so much fun those guys were having a blast.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
gofreak said:
They could have something like this in LittleBigPlanet for 'importing' things into a game. Maybe for backdrops, and 2D cut-out thingies and stuff. So instead of drawing a background with the tools, you could draw one on paper, and then import it, maybe with some stylisation filters or the like. I know you can import pictures as stickers, but this could be a little step up from that.

Effing genius idea. Hope they're on top of that.

InterMoniker said:
If I was there I would draw a 2d platformer with a little person to jump around. That looks like so much fun those guys were having a blast.

It was mentioned that the guy coding all this stuff is just putting together games he can make within a day or so. With a little work he could probably put together a Vib Ribbon type platformer for the game.

the_id

If the PS3 custom theme thread on this forum proves anything, its that a lot of us are quite talented (yes, even speevy). Imagine what we can do as a community if this were to be released. I call for cats in a game....

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
mckmas8808 said:
Can someone youtube this video because I can't see where to download it.

They're embedded in flash players, you can't download them. Just click on the pictures with the play button on them.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It's the software. Not the hardware. And for some, at least, this kind of software is a little like magic :)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
pn18 said:
I mean, it's not like the PSEye is some kind of magical device or so.
Who said it was in this thread that made you think you had to advise us to to the contrary?

hopefully they can put this tech to good use.

sony should consider bundling a ps eye with the ps3 next year. that would make it easier for devs to support innovative ideas like these and open up other options because of the microphone on the ps eye.

Dante

Can you buy the stand for this thing alone? You could totally use it as a pencil test machine and make 2-d animation :)

Firewire

Banned
Wollan said:
Dammit, buy Eye of Judgment you fools. It's runner up for gameplay goty.

It looks cool & everything, but I'm just not into card games & the booster packs and stuff. I only want it because I had a video chat with Queeg500 a few days back & was really impressed with the picture quality it gave.

Dizzle24

GQman2121 said:
This has to factor into what they're doing with Little Big Planet. It only makes sense.

It would be awesome to scan some real items you have laying around and use them to build levels... ::drools::

Firewire

Banned
Wollan said:
I'm unbuckling my belt. 3..2..

Keep it in the pants Wollan, Firewire don't swing that way!

My cousin in Europe wants a PS3 and I'm trying to get him to pick up the "Eye" as well, for cheap easy video communication.

Top Bottom