• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games For December (Kings Quest, Gauntlet, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, SSX)

PaulloDEC

Seems like a great month to me.

I'd be downloading SSX right now if the Playstation Store wasn't claiming to be unavailable. Also pretty keen to check out King's Quest.

Is King's Quest something I could play with my kids (5 and 2)? By which I mean is it appropriate and will the five year old be able "to have a go"? She can't manage games with complicated controls really. I've tried her on Mario 3D World and it's too much for her (although she had great fun making me a Mario Maker course).

Greddleok

An £8 Demo.
The season pass will work out the same price as the other 4 episodes together.
All the epissodes will be discounted when the games finished in 2017 anyway

Sweet, so they're giving us a demo for a game that's not even finished yet? That's a pretty shit deal.

Is King's Quest something I could play with my kids (5 and 2)? By which I mean is it appropriate and will the five year old be able "to have a go"? She can't manage games with complicated controls really. I've tried her on Mario 3D World and it's too much for her (although she had great fun making me a Mario Maker course).
The puzzles would probably be too advanced for a 5-year-old and maybe she would get lost in remembering how to get to the different areas. Controls aren't complex but there are some QTEs. 2yos and 5yos could probably watch it though. Maybe a dragon could get too scary.

Footos22

Sweet, so they're giving us a demo for a game that's not even finished yet? That's a pretty shit deal.

Yeah 5 1/2 hours average Completion time for one episode is a demo... Please

Episode 1 is finished and that's what you're getting.its not like the game Sucks. The entitlement is real.
You really think Activision is gonna give a whole season pass for free. 5 1/2 hours of game for the measly £3.33 or less you pay a month for ps+ is hardly a bad deal. On top of another ps4 game and 4 others. Jeez.

The puzzles would probably be too advanced for a 5-year-old and maybe she would get lost in remembering how to get to the different areas. Controls aren't complex but there are some QTEs. 2yos and 5yos could probably watch it though. Maybe a dragon could get too scary.

Thanks! I reckon they can handle the dragon. Although the 2 year old did have nightmares about "pumpkins growling at his window" after halloween...meh whatever doesn't kill them, right?

Honestly with all of the complaints. I am still satisfied with PS plus even if it is only 3 months I like of it. It still is more expensive to buy these games individually plus I use my Vita and PS4 regardless.

The only thing I am excited for this month is trying out Kings Quest to see if it interests me.

memphisba

is psn down on ps3? i cant seem to connect to grab the new games.

keep getting 80710092 error . restarted both router and modem.

Oneself

I just spent some time with Gauntlet and King's Quest and I must say I am pleasantly surprised by both of them.

Gauntlet feels a lot like Champions and the console versions of Baldur's Gate. 60fps, lots of enemies on screen, combat is fun, satisfying and less mind dumbing than Diablo 3. So far so good!

And King's Quest, wow, I should have bought the complete collection when it was on sale. I didn't know it was that charming and well done. It brings back the "magic" of gaming back when I was a kid. Amazing game.

Thanks! I reckon they can handle the dragon. Although the 2 year old did have nightmares about "pumpkins growling at his window" after halloween...meh whatever doesn't kill them, right?

My four year old son had a nightmare where someone shot him in the face with a gun. My wife blamed it on his watching some of Fallout 4.:(

Tried Gauntlet for like 10 this morning before I had to leave, I'm playing on a goddam 65", why is everything so friggin small.

Pejo

I can't wait for the influx of new players to Freedom Wars. It's probably overall my favorite Vita game. So many cool ideas and good gameplay. A PS4 sequel would be amazing with more enemy types, weapon types, and better gun aiming.

I'll definitely be breaking it out again and jumping back in.

Not much there for me that I didn't already own for the other freebies though, but that's ok.

shmoglish

Is anybody playing Rocketbirds? The game felt easy when I played it on pc, but I have no idea how this one wave in level 13 (or 12?) is possible to finish. Died like 30 times now. So.... any tips?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So far King's Quest is kind of boring. It's really annoying that you cannot skip dialogue or cut scenes, and there were fucking QTEs too.

So far King's Quest is kind of boring. It's really annoying that you cannot skip dialogue or cut scenes, and there were fucking QTEs too.
You might have put on God of War by mistake. :)

Dialogue can't be skipped in the first episode but that is meant to change in the second episode.

King's Quest is great, but in line with the above, there's like no replayability if I can't skip through the cutscenes/dialogue of stuff like the early intro.

Windforce

Anyone else enjoying the hell out of Gauntlet? The game is really fun. Any more games like this on PS3/PS4?

I love Diablo but the whole fun about Gauntlet is the lack of level ups or stat gear so we can't really 'outlevel' the content. Gotta play with what you have and that means skill up or die. Diablo is way easier because items make or break characters.

It's really unfortunate I read on Steam forums that Gauntlet will no longer receive updates. New weapons, levels, game modes and classes would be great. I'd be willing to spend more on DLC for it, but oh well.

MtZ9N.gif

Thinking that opposite opinions are a NEOGAF thing is much more of a NEOGAF thing than opposite opinions.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Anyone else enjoying the hell out of Gauntlet? The game is really fun. Any more games like this on PS3/PS4?

I love Diablo but the whole fun about Gauntlet is the lack of level ups or stat gear so we can't really 'outlevel' the content. Gotta play with what you have and that means skill up or die. Diablo is way easier because items make or break characters.

It's really unfortunate I read on Steam forums that Gauntlet will no longer receive updates. New weapons, levels, game modes and classes would be great. I'd be willing to spend more on DLC for it, but oh well.

Just started this tonight. Great throwback to the original while having an update to the gameplay, similar to Dead Nation, voices are shite though but at least they kept the original key pick up sound.

If you're a trophy hunter though this game will be a massive grind.

Ogawa-san

Anyone else enjoying the hell out of Gauntlet? The game is really fun.
Are you playing solo or co-op? I hadn't much fun solo, at least on endless mode or whatever. Stuff can easily overwhelm you past the 5th floor.

I'll give story mode a whirl but I don't think it's going to be much different.

I'm playing through the campaign co-op and it is indeed very fun. The wizard is awesome.

It's pretty challenging but not in a cheap way too.

Top Bottom