• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Home Closing March 31st 2015

oldmario

PlayStation Home has been serving the PS3 community since December 2008. During that time, tens of millions of users around the world have grown the social gaming platform into a thriving community of creative and enthusiastic gamers.

Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on the 12th of November, 2014. Gamers in Europe will be able to download content until the 3rd of December, 2014. As a token of our tremendous gratitude to the community, we will also be releasing a series of free content prior to the platforms closure on the 31st of March, 2015.

We would like to thank all of our fans for their support of the PlayStation Home platform over the years.

source

No idea if it's closing in NA also

Edit: looks like NA is also getting shut down, pretty much the same message but with US/Canada in the place or europe
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/PlayStation-Home-Update-September-26-2014/td-p/44552202

Renzoku

Banned
And nothing of value was lost.

I tried multiple times to get into it, but it was the most boring virtual world I've ever stepped foot in.

SerTapTap

Such a weird idea. I guess they thought it'd be like second life, but second life is nothing without user created content and furries. And user created furry content.

mreddie

I think it not being on PS4 was proof Home was on its last legs.

Also, all the sponsors are gone and the ads no longer play on the TVs.

Vaya con Dios Home.

goonergaz

I guess some will be upset by this (those who spent money).

I will miss the E3 things they used to do - I used to enjoy certain aspects of Home

Thought it was meh myself , I remember being disappointed they had not used that money for Home to spend on a better PSN service instead

oni_saru

I wonder how much money was lost to this venture.
They got it back with all the stuff they sold on it i imagine. Some people bought a shit ton of things there :0

I do wonder what happens to the bought stuff? :0 like will people be able to access Home and just take random screens of their crap.

Btw camera feature was the best feature Home added. I remember taking soooo many screens. Good times.

SerTapTap

Thought it was meh myself , I remember being disappointed they had not used that money for Home to spend on a better PSN service instead

It was profitable, and it's not like making Home made it impossible to improve the PSN service. Quite the opposite, being able to support Home would require a certain level of network infrastructure.

dark_chris

Gold Member
Home was definitely an amazing concept and I love the idea of it but the execution was definitely bad. It coulda made other stuff look like crap but nope

Kacho

Gold Member
Good riddance. What they were trying to do was kind of neat, but I thought it was massively flawed. There were a few times when I'd accidentally click on Home in the XMB menu and it would take forever to load before I could exit out. Memories haha

Top Bottom