• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Now Adds 50 More PS4 Games, Including For Honor (Over 700 Games Total)

ethomaz

Banned
The holidays are now upon us! Santa Claus has arrived early this year, because today we’re adding 50 more PlayStation 4 games to the PlayStation Now library, bringing the total to over 275 PS4 games to stream or download, and a total of over 700 PS4, PS3, and PS2 games to stream. We’ve also got some great discount deals happening on our subscriptions, so keep reading to find out more.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/12/04/ps-now-adds-50-more-ps4-games-including-for-honor/

Actually there is no list in the blog.

UPDATED

The EU blog shared a list of the 50 titles (it cloud be similar for US but don't take it as 100%).

• Neon Chrome
  • Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut
  • Amazing Discoveries In Outer Space
  • Pumped Bmx +
  • Castle Invasion: Throne Out
  • Obliteracers
  • Nom Nom Galaxy
  • Super Toy Cars
  • Mastercube
  • Mordheim – City Of The Damned
  • In Space We Brawl
  • Gem Smashers
  • Vegas Party
  • Air Conflicts Vietnam Ultimate Edition
  • Skyscrappers
  • Square Heroes
  • Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic
  • Slime-san: Superslime Edition
  • Limbo
  • Momonga Pinball Adventures
  • Neurovoider
  • Kingdom: New Lands
  • Dandara
  • Minutes
  • The Spectrum Retreat
  • Assault Suit Leynos
  • The Treausres Of Montezuma 4
  • Battalion Commander
  • The Keeper Of 4 Elements
  • Reus
  • Act It Out! A Game Of Charades
  • Carmageddon: Max Damage
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter
  • No Time To Explain
  • Plague Road
  • The Metronomicon: Slay The Dance Floor
  • Super Star Wars
  • Tron Run/r
  • A Boy And His Blob
  • Natural Doctrine
  • Hotel Transylvania 3 Monsters Overboard
  • Adventure Time: Pirates Of The Enchiridion
  • Ben 10
  • Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back
  • Raiden V: Director’s Cut
  • Bokosuka Wars Ii
  • Garou: Mark Of The Wolves
  • For Honor
  • Electronic Super Joy

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...-for-honor-headlines-ps-nows-december-lineup/

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
And people think the steaming future hasn't arrived yet .....
I know what you meant but just to point out all PS4 games can be played without streaming on PS4... some PS2 games too... peharps half of the library can be played without the use of streaming on PS4.

IMO that is why I value PS Now better now... streaming is definitely not for me (I’m from Brasil btw).

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Hello.

I will update the OP with the EU list that should be similar to the US one with few exceptions... just don't take it as 100% for US.

God Enel

which games are good out of this list, besides limbo and for honor? (I like Treasures of montezuma, but only on my phone). I basically dont know any of them?!

ethomaz

Banned
which games are good out of this list, besides limbo and for honor? (I like Treasures of montezuma, but only on my phone). I basically dont know any of them?!
There is a lot of great games... even the smaller ones: ELEX, The Spectrum Retreat, Sparkle Unleashed , Dandara, Mordheim, Reus, etc.

If I will look the full list I can catch dozen of others.

ROMhack

Gosh there's a few masterpieces in that lineup.

I've had countless nights spent agonising between whether to play Momonga Pinball Adventures or Slime-san: Superslime Edition. I thought the nightmare was over!

Last edited:

Ozrimandias

Sony better do something and make ps now available worldwide or otherwise, in streaming service at least, theyre going to have a bad time....

Shin

Banned
Maybe it's me or this is the current state of the service and/or their infrastructure, but just going over THIS list I can't help but think that those games could be ran off a cheap smartphone.
Perhaps that's the problem itself PlayStation needs to fix with this service, new users need to see that quality games can be streamed as well (and not a few here and there).
I haven't been following PS Now as of late so maybe I'm being ignorant here but instead of selling me on the service those games are turning me away from it...

onQ123

They must have took out a loan to rent some power of the clouds to stream these games because we all know that Sony from a financial perspective could never add more games to PS Now.

ethomaz

Banned
That list makes it more like ps arcade than ps now. What's the monthly charge these days?
It is in promotion.

"Also available is a discount on the 3-month offer, now just $29.99 ($44.99 regular price), and for the best bang for your buck, 12 months for just $79.99 ($99.99 regular price), both available to new and existing subscribers alike. "

You have 7 day free trail on PS4 or PC for new users only.

The full game list: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-now/ps-now-games/

There are AAA titles like Bloodborne.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Sony better do something and make ps now available worldwide or otherwise, in streaming service at least, theyre going to have a bad time....
I'm not sure why this is still limited to a couple countries when you can just download the games now.

Forget about that. How about making the service available on idk, any and all devices that have an internet connection? Sony's implementation of PSNow is so bizarre. They used to have it on Vita then removed it for some odd reason. It used to be available on TV's but only Sony TV's for some dumb reason. I've had a Now subscription for several months and love the service but it would be so much better if I could just stream the games to whatever screen is in front of me. I should be able to sync a dual shock to my tablet and play anywhere I want. The tech for that is there and Sony is just resting on it allowing their competitors to catch up to them. I love Now and I don't understand why Sony just pretends it doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Norse

Not a bad deal at 100 per year now that it allows for downloading PS4 games. Could be better if it had newer games.

Ozrimandias

Forget about that. How about making the service available on idk, any and all devices that have an internet connection? Sony's implementation of PSNow is so bizarre. They used to have it on Vita then removed it for some odd reason. It used to be available on TV's but only Sony TV's for some dumb reason. I've had a Now subscription for several months and love the service but it would be so much better if I could just stream the games to whatever screen is in front of me. I should be able to sync a dual shock to my tablet and play anywhere I want. The tech for that is there and Sony is just resting on it allowing their competitors to catch up to them. I love Now and I don't understand why Sony just pretends it doesn't exist.

The service must be available in more country, right now its very limited..... and about the rest of what yoou said, you´re right, i mean that was the promise in 2013, but i think that Sony had to adapt in order to PSNow be more, i dont know, efective? i dont know what was the real reason of getting rid of PSNOW in Bravia, Ps3, and PsVita. The promise was incomplete, because Sony told us that we could play ps classics, five years later, that still a promise, i cant play psone games, very limited ps2

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
$100 a year is ridiculous, and so is the $80 with deal.

How do you figure, especially the $80? That is about $6.67 a month for streaming of over 700 PS2/PS3/PS4 games. Downloadable option to the PS4 for the PS2/PS4 games, and also multiplayer is included so you do not need a Plus subscription.

$6.67 a month for all of that is pretty decent.

How do you figure, especially the $80? That is about $6.67 a month for streaming of over 700 PS2/PS3/PS4 games. Downloadable option to the PS4 for the PS2/PS4 games, and also multiplayer is included so you do not need a Plus subscription.

$6.67 a month for all of that is pretty decent.

In a vaccum, but compared to the alternatives out there it's not that good of a deal.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
In a vaccum, but compared to the alternatives out there it's not that good of a deal.

People can subscribe to more than one. Like they do with Netflix and Hulu. Exclusive content to each service will drive these subs forward.

And yes, it is a good deal compared to the alternative money wise (if you mean GamePass since it is the only other comparative one), since you still need to pay for Gold, and more than likely their streaming service (xCloud) will be another separate subscription fee/service if they are not migrated together like PSNow does.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Getting there Sony, but you still need to bring some heavy hitters. The list is not very appealing.

Sony isn't fully behind PSNow if you compare to MS. They add 50 games and I don't see any big first party Sony games on there.

If this was 10$ a month and had a back catalogue of Sony/3rd party games that were 1 or more years older I would do it for a month or two.

We just went over the pricing.

Both are just as cheap (arguable cheaper) than Netflix/Hulu. Have you seen their pricing now? $14 a month EACH for the ones worth a damn (4K Netflix/Ad Free Hulu)

This is like the old 360 XBL argument. It's way too easy to get Hulu and Netflix for cheaper prices than upfront. Do you get hotel reservations through the company website or a third-party? Third-party, because it's cheaper.

However, the issue in this case is many game developers are thinking of jumping on the streaming services so that's going to be an issue in the future. EA already has one and I'm sure at some point they'll have exclusive features for those that directly sub. Activision has commented on doing so, so that means if you want EA sports or COD you got to get those, than the Xbox, than the PS, than Nintendo if they decide to do it and they are currently heading in that direction as well.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This is like the old 360 XBL argument. It's way too easy to get Hulu and Netflix for cheaper prices than upfront. Do you get hotel reservations through the company website or a third-party? Third-party, because it's cheaper.

However, the issue in this case is many game developers are thinking of jumping on the streaming services so that's going to be an issue in the future. EA already has one and I'm sure at some point they'll have exclusive features for those that directly sub. Activision has commented on doing so, so that means if you want EA sports or COD you got to get those, than the Xbox, than the PS, than Nintendo if they decide to do it and they are currently heading in that direction as well.

Huh? How do you get Hulu and Netflix "cheaper" when you have to pay a sub directly through them? How do you get "third party" Netflix/Hulu pricing outside of short lived loophole promotions?

And yes, I see big pubs eventually doing their own services. Not going to be fun if it ever gets that way IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom