• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS one titles now on North American PS Store

Jim

shop.jpg

via http://forums.e-mpire.com/showthread.php?t=65776

Crash Bandicoot - 469MB
Cool Boarders - 283MB
Hot Shots Golf 2 - 157MB
Syphon Filter - 385MB
Tekken 2 - 535MB

$5.99

Can anyone else confirm?

Bebpo

Banned
uh, no silent bomber, jumping flash, or RE...? We just got owned :(

SONY HURRY UP ON YOUR PS3 POINT CARDS GODDAMNIT

painey

im from Europe but this is a good sign :) the more they get pumping out the more we will have for launch hopefully.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
After playing SF: DM and loving every minute of it, I really want to play first Syphon Filter now. But I can't, because I don't have a PS3... Hurry up Sony and make this possible to download through PSP alone.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Wait, only 6 bucks for PS1 titles?

I'll assume these prices will shift around depending on the title. Those prices aren't too shabby. Only one dollar more than NES pric - OH SHIT!

<runs screaming>

I kid

Sony did say these will be playable on PS3 sooner or later right?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Bebpo said:
SONY HURRY UP ON YOUR PS3 POINT CARDS GODDAMNIT
your telling me. ive been wondering where the hell they are. they better have them out atleast before xmas. >_<

Flo_Evans

stuck at work :(

the game choice seem.. odd. Why would you get tekken, hot shots, or syhpon filter when there is already a PSP version?

I never played Siphon Filter. I may get that. How is Cool Boarders?

I'd probably re-play Crash Bandicoot 2, but not 1.

Now... Devil Dice! Make it happen!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so do I need a PS3 to dl/play these?

pretty sure I know the answer, just hoping it is different.

terrene

Banned
Kintaro said:
Sony did say these will be playable on PS3 sooner or later right?
I hadn't heard that, no. I'd like for that to be true, though.

_leech_ said:
By the end of the year, probably included with the December firmware update with DVD up-conversion and all that.
lol?

Believe.

Amir0x

Banned
borghe said:
so do I need a PS3 to dl/play these?

pretty sure I know the answer, just hoping it is different.

For the moment, but they're working on a store for PSP too coming soon

terrene said:
I hadn't heard that, no. I'd like for that to be true, though.

Yes, it's true. These titles you download will eventually be playable on PS3 as well

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Flo_Evans said:
stuck at work :(

the game choice seem.. odd. Why would you get tekken, hot shots, or syhpon filter when there is already a PSP version?
You may have a point with other two, but I want to play SF now more than ever, after playing SFDM.

terrene said:
lol?

Believe.

It's true, the December firmware update's going to be huge, just assuming the emulator's going to be a part of it because they said you'd be able to play PSX games on the PS3 by the end of the year. Makes sense.

duckroll

So no Resident Evil, Jumping Flash or Silent Bomber? Why is the US always screwed on this end? VC and PSN both seem to leave up the titles that people really want in the US. :(

painey

for all the people who keep asking

YOU CAN ONLY PLAY THESE GAMES ON PSP CURRENTLY
Shortly they will be playable on PS3 and PSP

YOU CAN ONLY DOWNLOAD THE GAMES ON PS3 CURRENTLY

Shortly they will be available to download via PS3, PSP or PC.

terrene

Banned
Amir0x said:
Yes, it's true. These titles you download will eventually be playable on PS3 as well
OK, that kinda rocks. DVD upconversion and PS2 BC fixes are higher on my list though.

You guys are givin' me hope. I'm glad I got this beast, afterall. :)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Shoot, I was hoping they'd have Jet Moto up in the first batch, since they were using it in some of the PS Store presentations in the past couple of months.

But, for $6, will definitely try one of these to start to see how everything works out.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Hurry up with the store Sony! The sooner you make it so that I can download the software to my pc, the sooner I can get buying!

Unison

Amir0x said:
PSP, but an update is coming in the next few weeks that allows you to play these on PS3 as well. So both

That's pretty awesome. I wonder how these games control on PSP... what about games that use L2 / R2 / the right analog?

If you put in a PS2 / PS1 pad when playing these on PS3 will you get rumble?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I think the most ironic thing is the lack of ridge racer there. :p

Hopefully we will have warhawk on there soon (but I guess they wont put that on there atleast until warhawk ps3 release is near)

Flo_Evans

Amir0x said:
Man why won't they make a Jet Moto PS3 :(

dude I am totally with you. I kept thinking playing motorstorm... man I wish they had a 'freestyle' area like jetmoto. Then I was like **** it I just want jetmoto done with these graphics :D

Matix

****, I need my Jumping Flash with a dash of Silent Bomber NOW (SCEA get your shit together) !! Also WTF is up with the PS3 still being necessary for PSP-PS1 downloads ;( ?!

Anyway, over with the bitching. The price seems pretty nice, and the selection isn't all that bad (Syphon Filter, Tekken 2, & HSG2 FTW). Hopefully they keep a steady flow these titles coming, with another batch at least hitting before the end of 06.

Foil

Crash Bandicoot - 469MB
Cool Boarders - 283MB
Hot Shots Golf 2 - 157MB
Syphon Filter - 385MB
Tekken 2 - 535MB

Nice prices, I'll probally pick up 3 or 4 of these games alone. Well, when they're playable on the PS3 that is. Way better pricing and value than either VC or XBLA. Rather have Syphon Filter 2 though since I own SF.

Top Bottom