• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus Essential Games (August 2022) - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS5 / PS4), Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS5 / PS4), Little Nightmares (PS4)

skit_data

Even after releasing their extra and premium subs, Sony just keeps releasing great games on essential.

Best deal in gaming.

Cat Deal With It GIF
It’s actually interesting, I was almost sure the Essential tier would take a nosedive quality wise but the last ywo months have arguably been the best ones in a long while. I hope they keep it up, and improve on the Premium tier content because that’s the only thing lacking.

trikster40

Trying to get in all those Activision games in before the acquisition finalizes lol.

I really need to quit buying games, I paid for all 3 of these

Last edited:

Bridges

Good games, but the only one I haven't played is Yakuza (any of them). Can you play this one without having played the ones that came before?

Yeah, there may be some references that you won't get because it chronologically takes place after the first seven numbered games, but it's a new story with a new protagonist, should be a good starting point.
I do highly recommend going back and playing some of the brawler games at some point though, at least Yakuza 0 it's just so damn good.

This is a really great month, PS+ is killing it with this and Stray last month

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah, there may be some references that you won't get because it chronologically takes place after the first seven numbered games, but it's a new story with a new protagonist, should be a good starting point.
I do highly recommend going back and playing some of the brawler games at some point though, at least Yakuza 0 it's just so damn good.

This is a really great month, PS+ is killing it with this and Stray last month

I kinda hate brawlers, so maybe I just shouldn't play them at all lol.

This will be my first set of missed games on a Sony Platform since PS+ was first introduced. My Sub is up End of this month (28th). My storage is about to become empty with only 1st party bought games available only on the Playstation.
Also be my first step back into PC only territory if they keep releasing 1st party on PC.

maaaaan I would be super excited for Yakuza Like a Dragon and getting the PS5 upgrade, but it's an absolute shame it doesn't have a PS4 --> PS5 save transfer feature
I am... not going through the whole game again wheeze

Hope anybody who hasn't played it yet enjoys it though, one of my favorite games for sure

anthony2690

Banned
How "scary" is little nightmares?

Horror games are not my genre at all. I'll never play silent hill or amnesia, but I'll tolerate last of us.
What's your issue with these games you mention? My issue with scary games is jump scares, little nightmares doesn't have them.

It is just a puzzle platformer with a creepy atmosphere, it's a nice little game imo.

It would be nice for a change to be shocked how good the list of games are instead of how bad. Been hoping LoD would hit Extra - this is even better.

Fbh

Damn this might be one of the best months ever.

Was actually going to say these are some good games for the extra tier, but the fact it's for essential is amazing.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Best deal ever just got even better! How is that fucking possible?

Activision is the best Playstation partner, they keep supporting PS+ since the beginning. Sekiro next month?

mejin

PS Plus is killing it. Despite no day one first party releases, the service still gives great value for consumers.

I thought Sony would make Plus Essential as bad as Games With Gold to force people to upgrade to Extra or Premium, but they are really respecting consumers with Essential.

DaGwaphics

Sony doing a great job with these this year. MS needs to up their game. I still think this matters at the end of the day, good for general brand PR. Games with Gold has been forgettable lately.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Always heard about those Little Nightmare games, but never tried them. Are they cool?

Mr Moose

Surely, this means Extra, right?

If so, hopefully Sony doesn't pull an Xbox and take them down just so they can announce them as new when they put them back up again.
The acclaimed Yakuza series, incorporating the Kazuma Kiryu saga and latest entry Yakuza: Like A Dragon are coming to PlayStation Plus in 2022. Anyone who’s been intrigued by Sega’s long-running series will be able to experience its signature mix of crunchy combat, explorable districts, mini-games and fascinating storylines starting next month.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon joins the PlayStation Plus Monthly Games lineup in August. PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium members can begin Kazuma Kiryu’s epic journey through the criminal underworld with Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza Kiwami 2 when the titles launch as part of the August Game Catalog lineup.

Then later this year, for Extra and Premium members, Kiryu’s story concludes with Yakuza 3 Remastered, Yakuza 4 Remastered, Yakuza 5 Remastered and Yakuza 6: The Song of Life.
Yakuza: Like a Dragon | August | PlayStation Plus Essential / Extra / Premium
Yakuza 0 | August | PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium
Yakuza Kiwami | August | PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium
Yakuza Kiwami 2 | August | PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium
Yakuza 3 Remastered | PlayStation Plus Premium
Yakuza 4 Remastered | PlayStation Plus Premium
Yakuza 5 Remastered | PlayStation Plus Premium
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life | PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium

Sony doing a great job with these this year. MS needs to up their game. I still think this matters at the end of the day, good for general brand PR. Games with Gold has been forgettable lately.
Well they already have Yakuza on there, and they bought Activision so THPS is coming. Little Nightmares is not a huge game.

Top Bottom