• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus line up for January 2016

ieatzombies

Man.., and I just bought Nilihumbra and already have Grim. Would be all over dragon age origins if my PS3 didn't get stolen. Sad man hear folks. For all who haven't bought or enjoyed. Do it.
Have to say, hardware Rivals doesn't look that bad as as a new upbeat twisted metal. Even though I'll probably just twisted metal black on classes. That game was my jam when it came out!

Looks like I lucked out by not pressing confirm purchase so sweet human error! That plus the $10 Psn card from Sony rewards and I can now live to see another day ;-p

Intel_89

Thanks

I asked, because I read about an issue with the game's cross-buy feature on Reddit and wanted to check with people more knowledgeable than me. I'd prefer to play it portably.

I just checked and it's the PSV/PS4 bundle, you get both versions.

I just checked and it's the PSV/PS3/PS4 bundle, you get all three versions.

Great. Thanks for the update.

I forgot it was set to go live today.

Grim Fandango is what interests me this month. I've heard a lot about it, but the genre is something I just got into with TWD and the classics make me worry that they'll be obtuse and too difficult.

I wasn't willing to spend money on it, but will check it out. Hopefully I can beat it without using a guide, because I don't like to.

Slaythe

Any word on when they are going to stop with the ps3 and provide better ps4 catalog ?

We're in 2016 it has to stop someday. (it's pretty impossible to have a PC worse than a ps3 in this day and age, and you can find most games online for 5 or 10 bucks max anyway ... Or cheaper in bundles)

BumRush

For me, if I enjoy one game a month, the service is a huge success (and I almost always do). I know people want 6 games tailored to them individually but it's not going to happen.

here in UK/Europe it's also PS3....PS4/3/Vita :)

No it isn't. I'm guessing you've never bought a Vita game before and don't realise that the PS3 is listed as a download option because you can download the Vita version to it and transfer it over.

Anyway, ugh, instead of giving Aus/NZ a replacement game, they released Legends of War: Patton's Campaign on our store. Thanks for nothing, SCEE.

Any word on when they are going to stop with the ps3 and provide better ps4 catalog ?

We're in 2016 it has to stop someday. (it's pretty impossible to have a PC worse than a ps3 in this day and age, and you can find most games online for 5 or 10 bucks max anyway ... Or cheaper in bundles)

Stopping ps3 games doesn't mean that ps4 games will get better and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

MarionCB

There's two Dragon Age Origins in the PS+ section on Aus PSN and they both say you can only play them on the PS4. Okay...

aaand, when you go to check out, the icon is XCOM's. Craziness.

I feel like Grim Fandango is coming too soon after Walking Dead, King's Quest and Broken Age.

They really need to mix up the genres they offer.

There's two Dragon Age Origins in the PS+ section on Aus PSN and they both say you can only play them on the PS4. Okay...

aaand, when you go to check out, the icon is XCOM's. Craziness.

I think one of 'em must be a trial as the other icon (on EU PS Store, btw) reads full game.

Human_me

I saw that in the UK as well.
QlTFot8.png

WITHE1982

Not live yet in US.

Sorry if it was obvious given the time, but I'm guessing I'm not the only European with a US account.

I know dude. Why I popped an EU in brackets. Not sure what time the store normally updates in the US but it's definitely earlier than normal in the UK.

Well, GAF was saying not to play it on the PS3, heh. I had a crazy hope that full ps3 BC had just leaked, but no, it doesn't show up in the PS4 Library.

Ah, too bad. I was hoping for some kind of PS3 BC mumbo jumbo, but with PS Now that'll never happen.

Excited for playing Grim Fandango for the first time. Hardware Rivals I'll probably only play a few rounds. Rest I can't play because no Vita/PS3.

Ludens

Banned
Today I saw a big store (Unieuro) selling a LOT of PS4 games for 15€, plus other PS3 titles for 10€.
Dragon Age Inquisition was there, for both platforms.
I thought this could be a perfect Plus title, than I remembered we got Dragon Age this month...DA: O.

MODEYV3

Banned
Was close to buying Grim Fandango. So good i didn't. But really disappointed with the other games, especially the ps3 ones. Seriously? You can find them two games for under £2 in the shops.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just looking at this weeks update.......
MRW%20looking%20confused.

Last weeks was better I think.

it thats bad I didn't need to scroll down to view the whole update on the Blog.

I don't get why so many people shit on the free games every month. I understand "opinions" but come on, they can't give you "big super hot AAA release GOTF" every time. As for this month, I enjoyed the hell out of the Hardware Rivals Beta, and isn't Grim Fandango supposed to be a great game? I just don'y get it, people expect to pay $50 (or less) a year and act like Sony are a bunch of assholes because they don'y get $3,000 worth of content. smh

Syntsui

I don't get why so many people shit on the free games every month. I understand "opinions" but come on, they can't give you "big super hot AAA release GOTF" every time. As for this month, I enjoyed the hell out of the Hardware Rivals Beta, and isn't Grim Fandango supposed to be a great game? I just don'y get it, people expect to pay $50 (or less) a year and act like Sony are a bunch of assholes because they don'y get $3,000 worth of content. smh

We want Knack and Killzone every month.

Heroman

Banned
3000 worth of content means noting if your not interested in playing.

RK128

So am I seeing this right? EU got the Patton game for PSP while NA got the native Vita version?

EU:

You're right; when I searched for the Vita Plus games, it was the native Vita version that was 'free', not the PSP version.

Also worth noting is that the War game might be free without PS+; no yellow color was around the 'free' text that the other Plus games had. Not sure through, so thats why I'm saying 'might'.

Apdiddy

If you're a trophy hunter or even care about that sort of thing, don't get Medal of Honor: Warfighter. Some of the multiplayer trophies are completely glitched (Global Warfighters trophy especially) and it's a complete grindfest.

Aces&Eights

I wish Sony allowed upcoming plus games to be voted on. I understand that they can't just give us everything but it would be cool if they had 10 games and you could pick 5 to download or allow plus users to vote on the 5 games for the next month. I'm not sure how the finances work with publishers but I'm assuming they currently pay a set amount to give the game away. If we were allowed to pick from a pool, they could arrange it so they only pay for each license downloaded. It would also give publishers real feedback as to how many people want to play their game.

I'm on mobile so I probably didn't type this out in a very cohesive manner....

SaiyanRaoh

This is more of a whim purchase but I'm noticing that Far Cry 4 is only $15 with Plus membership. Should I bite? Is this version decent overall?

Top Bottom