• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus Members in Asia Irate As Sony Wipes Discounts on Tier Upgrades, Demands Upfront Fee for Stacked Subs [UP: Sony fixes error]

Status
Not open for further replies.
6hhkst.jpg

Sony PR on point.

ckaneo

I don't think they backtracked, they just fixed the issue. Customer service are useless and they just replied whatever 🙄

I knew you Green rats in-chief were going to be all over this thread as soon as I saw the title 🤣 Thank you for always working overtime in negative PS threads. Manabyte in particular sounded weirdly excited about it 😅
Why would they be tracking who has discounted playstation+ subs in the first place? In anycase, they could have easily sent out a message claiming it was a mistake that would be fixed so that customer service wouldnt be in the dark.

I'm chopping it up to Mictosoft trying to raise the price of gold, or GT7 Microtransactions. They tried to pull a fast one, got caught, and corrected it

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Given how shady the scheme was it had to be fixed. They also have almost 3 weeks to fix it before mass launch of the service. But if it's fixed, good on Sony for doing it fast.

And for anyone thinking it was a system bug, it wasnt. CSR responses wouldn't be so detailed telling the Hong Kong gamer why the charges came up to that. So they were ready to tell gamers what the math is set up by Sony if gamers asked. Systematically planned with CSRs ready to explain.
In the end.. it's good they rolled it back, whether bug or not (it wasn't a bug ;) ).

But it's yet another comical episode of "gaming companies doing dumb shit they have to walk back" lol

1. It was either a bug that got fixed.
2. Or Sony was pulling a fast one and reversed its decision.

Either way, all is good in the blue land now.

P.S. Though others did report different behavior before this fix, so it was more likely a bug that Sony fixed.

Don't underestimate these fuckers

cOTrhbB.gif

Long story short it was either fixed or reversed. Anyways I’m surprised on how quickly it was changed. If I remember correctly it took Microsoft a lot longer to reverse their Gold price change but I could be wrong.

Smoke6

Imagine if you were charged the difference between ordinary price and sale price to play games you bought cheap on a summer sale.

- Oh cool, I see you want to play your PS4 copy of The Last of Us 2 on PS5.
No problem. Great game. But wait… I see that you found it cheap at $10 on a summer sale…
That’ll be $60 then.
Why? Can’t have you playing this game for $10 when other people has to pay $70. Of course not.
Oh by the way, if you want to use the higher resolution and framerate you get with your new console you have to pay $30 as an upgrade fee on top of that.
So that’ll be $90 total then.
Have a nice day!
I’ve imagined that and it ducks for the straight up honest folks who just so happen to catch a deal not knowing this service was ever gonna come to light.

But….. those who seem and opportunity are the ones really butt hurt as fuck right now because it didn’t go there way so now they wanna shame Sony for not letting them circumvent there services like they wanted too!

Like I said before, hopefully this is just an error but it’s still fucked up to have a lynch mob mentality from this if you tried to work the system and it didn’t work

Last edited:

Fredrik

I’ve imagined that and it ducks for the straight up honest folks who just so happen to catch a deal not knowing this service was ever gonna come to light.

But….. those who seem and opportunity are the ones really butt hurt as fuck right now because it didn’t go there way so now they wanna shame Sony for not letting them circumvent there services like they wanted too!

Like I said before, hopefully this is just an error but it’s still fucked up to have a lynch mob mentality from this if you tried to work the system and it didn’t work
Everybody wants a cheaper deal, that’s why people wait until Black Friday to buy a new TV and anticipate Steam Summer Sale every year etc. Shaming people for jumping onto cheap deals and getting angry for having the deals reverted put you in a weirder light than anyone else. If you’re too lazy to jump onto these deals yourself then that’s on you but I always try to do it. Call me a cheap ass gamer all you want, I’m at year 4 using Gamepass at $5/month at this point, feels great, best deal in gaming yadayadayada, haven’t bought a game on Xbox in 1.5 years. And I obviously quickly stacked PS Now, which hopefully converts to PS+ Premium, at $5/month as well. No shame in my body.

Smoke6

I hope nobody praises these fuckers for reversing something they shouldn't have done in the first place
Like you really don’t think this was just a glitch on that backend huh? Y’all just be waiting for Sony to drop the ball so y’all can kick them while they’re down

Smoke6

Everybody wants a cheaper deal, that’s why people wait until Black Friday to buy a new TV and anticipate Steam Summer Sale every year etc. Shaming people for jumping onto cheap deals and getting angry for having the deals reverted put you in a weirder light than anyone else. If you’re too lazy to jump onto these deals yourself then that’s on you but I always try to do it. Call me a cheap ass gamer all you want, I’m at year 4 using Gamepass at $5/month at this point, feels great, best deal in gaming yadayadayada, haven’t bought a game on Xbox in 1.5 years. And I obviously quickly stacked PS Now, which hopefully converts to PS+ Premium, at $5/month as well. No shame in my body.
Who got shamed for jumping on a deal?

Let’s not move goal posts here bruh, y’all got a deal on the service and tried to use it to manipulate this new service. Don’t leave that part out!

Fredrik

Who got shamed for jumping on a deal?

Let’s not move goal posts here bruh, y’all got a deal on the service and tried to use it to manipulate this new service. Don’t leave that part out!
How do you manipulate something if you buy something at a discounted price?

Anyway they backpedalled on this so it’s not worth talking about now.

Three

I hope nobody praises these fuckers for reversing something they shouldn't have done in the first place
I don't know what did you have in mind? Something like this...

At least they didn’t take the backlash and make some bs PR response making excuses. They just listened and reversed it. Quickly.
rays-rats.gif

(From the xbox live price hike thread)

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So it wasn't bad code? Lmfao this thread has delivered.
If it was bad code, that trail of improper bits and bytes somehow weeded it's way to customer service who were all ready to go.

Customer service must have mind flayer psionics to make their own scripts and math calculations without needing programmers telling them there's a mistake in the first place. lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
See how hard was that.
Not hard at all. This was literally a hair over 24 hours time, fixed to boot.

We are just impatient grumps living in a hypercharged online metasphere of horrible time perception. It really wasn't that long, like at all. Especially, for a global business.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Why would a technical error have customer service answer calls and emails with scripts ready to go explaining to gamers top up payments are needed for higher tiers if their PS+ subs were bought on deal?
Wondering the same, but this could just be Sony's way of saving face from a potential PR disaster that was brewing.

Either way, I'm glad it's fixed

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Why would a technical error have customer service answer calls and emails with scripts ready to go explaining to gamers top up payments are needed for higher tiers if their PS+ subs were bought on deal?
Honestly it's possible someone was that incompetent. Far fetched to me, but far fetched things happen sometimes.

And it makes the thing that much funnier lol

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Customer service don’t know shit. They barely have any info at all. It’s most likely they assumed what was happening and gave that answer. Either way, it’s all sorted out now.

Last edited:

retsof624

Like you really don’t think this was just a glitch on that backend huh? Y’all just be waiting for Sony to drop the ball so y’all can kick them while they’re down
It wouldn’t be the first time Sony tried some nasty shit this gen. That’s why I don’t believe it was a glitch

retsof624

I don't know what did you have in mind? Something like this...

rays-rats.gif

(From the xbox live price hike thread)
Sony has tried to screw us over 3 times in the last year alone.

With the horizon $80 upgrade path
With GT7 mtx
And now this.

That’s why Im harder on Sony than when MS pulled their bullshit. Plus I’m more invested in PS than Xbox and I don’t like the shit they’ve been pulling.

Edit: also it’s cute how your first instinct when someone criticizes our lord and savior PlayStation is to act like a twitter warrior and dig up 1/12 year old posts

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sony has tried to screw us over 3 times in the last year alone.

With the horizon $80 upgrade path
With GT7 mtx
And now this.

That’s why Im harder on Sony than when MS pulled their bullshit. Plus I’m more invested in PS than Xbox and I don’t like the shit they’ve been pulling.
As someone who put over 150 hours into GT7, and have done so since launch.

The "MTX" thing was such overblown bullshit. Made over 80million credits and counting in this game just by playing and enjoying races.

For everyone who tried to get on that train, get fucked with the ignorant outrage for console war gotchas. I'm no fan of MTX currency cards because they do impact some games, but two of the most overblown are GT7 and GTAV, yes even GTAV it's painfully easy to earn 7-10 million credits or more daily with the Cayo Perico Heist. They don't impact the game and are only there for the lazy whales.

Last edited:

retsof624

As someone who put over 150 hours into GT7, and have done so since launch.

The "MTX" thing was such overblown bullshit. Made over 80million credits and counting in this game just by playing and enjoying races.

For everyone who tried to get on that train, get fucked with the ignorant outrage for consolewar gotchas. I'm no fan of MTX currency cards because they do impact some games, but two of the most overblown are GT7 and GTAV, yes even GTAV it's painfully easy to earn 7-10 million credits or more daily with the Cayo Perico Heist. They don't impact the game and are only there for the lazy whales.
It was such a non issue that they updated the game and adjusted payouts.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It was such a non issue that they updated the game and adjusted payouts.
It is a non-issue. They updated and nerfed others. They still did and will still tweak.

They also added events that are far better payouts, these are all in the cards for live service games. Hell, they've been allowing the exploit of the Tomahawk race for well over a month now where people can get over 3 million credits in an hour. Over... blown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom