• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Store September 2021 Results

xiskza

Greetings! The numbers are in and we’ve got some piping-hot charts for ya.

NBA 2K22 was the big winner last month, topping the PS5 US, PS4 US, and PS4 EU lists (and earning the runner-up spot for PS5 EU). Kena: Bridge of Spirits and Deathloop round out the top three for PS5, with big debuts from other newcomers like Diablo II: Resurrected and Death Stranding: Director’s Cut.

Peep the full charts below, then mosey over to the comments to let us know which games you think are going to make a splash this month.

PS5 Games

US/CanadaEU
1NBA 2K22Kena: Bridge of Spirits
2DEATHLOOPNBA 2K22
3Kena: Bridge of SpiritsDiablo II: Resurrected
4Diablo II: ResurrectedDEATHLOOP
5Madden NFL 22Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT
6Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUTDEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT
7Tales of AriseTales of Arise
8Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles MoralesMarvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
9DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUTAssassin's Creed Valhalla
10Life is Strange: True ColorsF1 2021
11Assassin's Creed ValhallaLife is Strange: True Colors
12TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX SIEGETOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX | SIEGE
13Marvel's AvengersIt Takes Two
14HOT WHEELS UNLEASHEDHITMAN 3
15Ratchet & Clank: Rift ApartCall of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
16Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold WarMarvel's Avengers
17STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen OrderMetro Exodus
18HITMAN 3No Man's Sky
19Demon's SoulsSTAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order
20Aliens: Fireteam EliteWatch Dogs: Legion

PS4 Games

US/CanadaEU
1NBA 2K22NBA 2K22
2Madden NFL 22Grand Theft Auto V
3Diablo II: ResurrectedMinecraft
4Grand Theft Auto VRed Dead Redemption 2
5MinecraftDiablo II: Resurrected
6Red Dead Redemption 2Need for Speed Heat
7Need for Speed HeatFall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
8Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold WarThe Forest
9Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles MoralesGran Turismo Sport
10Insurgency: SandstormeFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE
11Batman: Arkham KnightTOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX | SIEGE
12God of WarThe Crew 2
13Tales of AriseF1 2021
14THE FORESTCall of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
15TOM CLANCY'S RAINBOW SIX SIEGEAssassin's Creed The Ezio Collection
16Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year EditionKena: Bridge of Spirits
17Dead by DaylightAssassin's Creed Valhalla
18Assassin's Creed ValhallaAssassin's Creed Origins
19Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete EditionHorizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition
20Sonic Colors: UltimateInsurgency: Sandstorm

elliot5

Kena being #3 in na for PS5 but not anywhere on PS4 is weird. I guess it just has to do with volume of the user base

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Kena being #3 in na for PS5 but not anywhere on PS4 is weird. I guess it just has to do with volume of the user base
It's not weird at all. People who traditionally buy video games on Day 1 tend to be early adopters. The big spenders who dont mind paying full price for games on Day 1. We saw this last gen with games like Watch Dogs and Destiny selling the vast majority of their copies on next gen consoles. The splits will only increase as more and more people upgrade. Watch Dogs and Destiny were at around 75% next gen/PC and last gen consoles. By the time MGSV rolled around a year later, the split was 95 to 5%.

Thats why I never bought this excuse that cross gen is more consumer friendly since its for people who cant upgrade. Nah, those people wouldnt upgrade at $500 if you paid them. So you are essentially prioritizing people who wont buy your game over people who will pay full price for a game like Kena.

HOT WHEELS!

ukb6xxvtj6g51.jpg

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's not weird at all. People who traditionally buy video games on Day 1 tend to be early adopters. The big spenders who dont mind paying full price for games on Day 1. We saw this last gen with games like Watch Dogs and Destiny selling the vast majority of their copies on next gen consoles. The splits will only increase as more and more people upgrade. Watch Dogs and Destiny were at around 75% next gen/PC and last gen consoles. By the time MGSV rolled around a year later, the split was 95 to 5%.

Thats why I never bought this excuse that cross gen is more consumer friendly since its for people who cant upgrade. Nah, those people wouldnt upgrade at $500 if you paid them. So you are essentially prioritizing people who wont buy your game over people who will pay full price for a game like Kena.

100% correct. I didn't see this coming, but I wish Sony thought more like you 2 years ago. I think Horizon 2 looks GREAT, but this is even more reason why it shouldn't have been made on the PS4.

kyliethicc

100% correct. I didn't see this coming, but I wish Sony thought more like you 2 years ago. I think Horizon 2 looks GREAT, but this is even more reason why it shouldn't have been made on the PS4.
Except Miles Morales is selling well on PS4. They'd have lost out on 2-3 million units extra in sales without PS4.

And Horizon FW was always designed as a PS4 game. (One that I'm sure Sony wanted to have been released already.)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Except Miles Morales is selling well on PS4. They'd have lost out on 2-3 million units extra in sales without PS4.

And Horizon FW was always designed as a PS4 game. (One that I'm sure Sony wanted to have been released already.)

Launch games are different, so Spiderman: Miles was cool and understandable. And if Horizon 2 had came out this year, I'd feel differently about my stance. But alas........

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Expect to see lots of battlefield sales next month that were placed this month and last month

Top Bottom