• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita 4GB 8GB 16GB & 32GB cards (picture)

onQ123

Member


Source
 

Truespeed

Member
I like that they labeled the cleaning cloth. It shows attention to detail. Although, I would have called it a fingerprint rag instead.
 
If the price is anything like what I expect from Sony then I'll probably avoid picking one up for a bit since you can save game data directly to the game's flash-based cart (and to the cloud).
 

angelfly

Member
32GB seems rather small IMO. Especially so for someone planning to keep a lot of PSP games on it (me). But if that's the largest offered at launch I'll definitely be going for that one.
 

squall211

Member
I'll be picking up the 32GB most likely. Between PSX games and PSP games I've downloaded, I could probably fill up about half of that card right now.
 

Truespeed

Member
BTW, that's not an ordinary micro-fiber cleaning cloth. OLED screens need to be cleaned with a special Corinthian fiber cloth.
 

Minsc

Member
StuBurns said:
$40, $80, $160 and $320.

I know you're being sarcastic, but people were saying suggesting they might sell the high end one (32GB) at $100 was fud, I really don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

I definitely don't think they'd sell the largest memory card for over the price of the Vita itself, that'd be ridiculous. Probably why they aren't selling a 64GB model.

I think I'll go for a 32GB as that's what I have now for my PSP and it's basically full, shame they didn't put out a 64GB card.
 

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I paid $120 dollars for my first 1GB stick back in 2005. Then again all flash media was a lot more expensive at the time, and now they're dirt cheap, so I wonder how much Sony is gonna charge for that "propriety" premium?

If the 32GB stick has a 3 digit price I'm gonna FURIOUSLY complain on message boards and twitter. That'll teach them.
 
Wario64 said:
I hope someone makes some hacked thingy so we can use a micro SD.
Micro SD on average have horrible read and write rates, unless you get the more expensive grade 10 versions. In which case will most likely prove to be more expensive than these cards. I imagine the 32gb one to be $99
 
I just got two of the exact same cleaning cloth for free when I swing by my optician this afternoon. Sony better not be pricing these.
 

M3d10n

Member
Well, gotta recoup the HW losses somewhere and MS had no problems selling overpriced storage all these years.

Are there any other devices that can use those or are they really Vita-proprietary?
 
angelfly said:
32GB seems rather small IMO. Especially so for someone planning to keep a lot of PSP games on it (me). But if that's the largest offered at launch I'll definitely be going for that one.


The 32GB would be double what the m2 standard has offered before..... I don't think we'll see a 64 for another year or so.
 

StuBurns

Banned
Minsc said:
I know you're being sarcastic, but people were saying suggesting they might sell the high end one (32GB) at $100 was fud, I really don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

I definitely don't think they'd sell the largest memory card for over the price of the Vita itself, that'd be ridiculous. Probably why they aren't selling a 64GB model.

I think I'll go for a 32GB as that's what I have now for my PSP and it's basically full, shame they didn't put out a 64GB card.
I have two very different logical ideas of their approach. They stand to gain from making these cheap so people can buy from the PSN store more easily, so they should make them dirt cheap. However if they were dirt cheap there wouldn't be four options, there'd be one.

Seriously I expect the 32GB to be $70 - $80 range.
 

onQ123

Member
angelfly said:
32GB seems rather small IMO. Especially so for someone planning to keep a lot of PSP games on it (me). But if that's the largest offered at launch I'll definitely be going for that one.

if you got money to buy enough games to fill up 32GB that quickly you have enough money to buy another card.
 

Minsc

Member
King Cobra said:
Micro SD on average have horrible read and write rates, unless you get the more expensive grade 10 versions. In which case will most likely prove to be more expensive than these cards. I imagine the 32gb one to be $99

Yea, it worked out pretty well for the PSP, because the UMD drive was almost 1995 1x CD-ROM slow. So as slow as they are, they were still a step up from UMD. However compared to normal SDHC memory sticks, Micro SD is shit, and probably won't even run games properly if they are made to read at the higher speeds.
 

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
StuBurns said:
I have two very different logical ideas of their approach. They stand to gain from making these cheap so people can buy from the PSN store more easily, so they should make them dirt cheap. However if they were dirt cheap there wouldn't be four options, there'd be one.

Seriously I expect the 32GB to be $70 - $80 range.
That's honestly the highest I'm willing to go, and even then I won't be thrilled about it.
 
8GB needs to be packed in, in my opinion.

Or I'd really, really like it to be, at least.

I get the feeling memory prices are going to be what throws my Vita purchasing decision in flux.
 
Top Bottom