• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita anniversary Deals (NA) - Free games (Wild Arms, Patapon,...) and discounts

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So all the Lego games are not like the consoles or are they all gimped?

I will definitely grab the free freebies and would consider one of the Lego games for the kids if they are competent.

Even as a fan of the series... eh. If you want Patapon, you should go ahead and buy the second one. It fixes and improves on *so many* things that the first game feels extremely outdated in comparison.. The difference feels bigger than D2 vs LoD. It doesn't help that 1 and 2 are nearly identical in story too, so 2 is pretty much an expanded 1.

Good deals for PS+ master race, but 30% isn't enough for me, so I'll pass. But those free games are welcome, especially Wild Arms and Patchwork, now I'll have to switch accounts again ;(

Salaadin

Hey, the PS3 version was great! I put so many hours into that one.

I came here to post exactly this. I dont even know how many times I played it.
When they released holiday skins, I think my brain exploded. Halloween chickens? IM SO THERE!!

Cool, i'll definitely download the free games.

Probably not going to use the 50% off for any of the other games though...

anddo0

Those free games are awful :lol

"Thanks for buying a Vita, here are some really old PSP and PS1 games"

I disagree

Wild Arms:Classic
Patapon: Very good game
Piyotama: No comment. Seems to be the worst of the bunch.
Patchwork Heroes: Very unique game. Not awful sir.

Tizoc

LOL! I bought Wild Arms in preperation for the March 'Let's Play PS1 Classics' thread XD.

Nice stuff will grab-
Stranger's Wrath
Sine Mora (Hopefully PS3 ver. on sale as well XO)

The Freebies are welcome too~

Any of those Vita games worth getting if only for their single player mode/content?

Derrick01

Banned
I disagree

I already have wild arms. It's a classic in the sense that it's really old, but it's not a classic in terms of quality. Especially since it came out in arguably the greatest jrpg generation.

The rest of those aren't even worth the bandwidth to download.

B.O.O.M

I disagree

Just checked some reviews and Piyotama actually sounds like a pretty good game

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/piyotama

The psp version has a 100 rating too from one outlet

OT: Fantastic! Great set of free games. Sales are good too but wish they did one for Virtua Tennis also.

Meier

No deal on Little King's Story, eh? Guess I am destined to never play that game. Pretty weak list of games on sale and I've no interest in the free stuff (might snag Patapon I suppose).. oh well.

anddo0

I hope they discount the DLC for the fighting games.

LOL! I bought Wild Arms in preperation for the March 'Let's Play PS1 Classics' thread XD.

Nice stuff will grab-
Stranger's Wrath
Sine Mora (Hopefully PS3 ver. on sale as well XO)

The Freebies are welcome too~

Any of those Vita games worth getting if only for their single player mode/content?

You listed two.. BlazBlue and Dokuro offer a very healthy amount of SP content.

No deal on Little King's Story, eh? Guess I am destined to never play that game. Pretty weak list of games on sale and I've no interest in the free stuff (might snag Patapon I suppose).. oh well.

Denied again :(

maybe next week?

kuroshiki

Wow there is a person actually complaining about FREE games? Seriously? WTF?

Hating every games ever existed is one thing but this is just beyond my imagination.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm all over Wild Arms and Patapon. Yes, please.

Might be tempted on some of those at 50% off. We'll see.

Provider

Just checked some reviews and Piyotama actually sounds like a pretty good game

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/piyotama

The psp version has a 100 rating too from one outlet

OT: Fantastic! Great set of free games. Sales are good too but wish they did one for Virtua Tennis also.

Piyotama is great specially on PS3. I don't like to play it much cuz I always end up playing it for hours and then my friends hate me for doing so hahha

Can someone tell me the prices of these games?

Army Corps of Hell
Big Sky: Infinity
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Dokuro
DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT
Knytt Underground
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
French
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Orgarhythm
Pure Chess
Retro City Rampage
Sine Mora (with Trial)
Spy Hunter
Street Fighter X Tekken
Sumioni: Demon Arts
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Seda

Dumb question. If I get Wild Arms form the Vita store, can I transfer it to PS3? Sometimes I prefer playing these types of games with a controller instead of the Vita, despite looking poor on an HDTV.

Owzers

Hating every games ever existed is one thing but this is just beyond my imagination.

It's a PS Vita anniversary celebration with 4 free "classics", two of which no one has ever heard of, all of which are not Vita games. I can see why people are not overly enthused.

tumblr_lwg5smQlQ51qzjix8.gif

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Nice. I'll snag Patapon, Wild Arms, and Patchwork Heroes.

As for the sales, nothing really grabs me. I'll maybe get Stranger's Wrath. Sine Mora is super tempting as well, since I really enjoyed the demo.

I still have $10 from that PSN credit they gave me a week or so ago. I haven't decided what to spend it on yet.

Gintoki

Dumb question. If I get Wild Arms form the Vita store, can I transfer it to PS3? Sometimes I prefer playing these types of games with a controller instead of the Vita, despite looking poor on an HDTV.

I'd guess so, since it will be on your download list anyway.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

I wonder if this person is a Vita owner, or just wants to knock Sony for um...giving away some free games.

IrishNinja

PON PON PATA PON

PLEASE play Patapon if for whatever reason you haven't yet.

PATA PATA PATA PON

oh snap, think i'll finally cross that desert! wild arms is nice too, but this one's the gem. nice surprise indeed!

haha so of course some folks are bitching about free shit...tiny bloodthirsty patapons are too good for your ilk

Tizoc

I hope they discount the DLC for the fighting games.

You listed two.. BlazBlue and Dokuro offer a very healthy amount of SP content.

Denied again :(

maybe next week?

Already got Dokuro when it went for $10 some weeks ago XP.
Not interested in BB sad to say since to me its more of a multiplayer game.

antispin

Holy shit. And I just re-plussed myself yesterday. Wants:

Army Corps of Hell
Big Sky: Infinity (maybe)
Dokuro
DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT
Knytt Underground
Orgarhythm (any good?)
Sine Mora (maybe)
Oddworld Strangers Wrath

Vitacat

Happy Birthday, Vita... here's some free games for your predecessor.

Your point? PSP games play and look amazing on Vita. And these are some very good games. Totally free. FREE.

Nice sales as well, especially if you have PS+, which I do.

I'm considering these:

UMvC3
Sine Mora
Oddworld SW

By my math all 3 would be just under $35 total, and I'll be getting $10 back for spending over $50 this month (already there thanks to a 1 year Plus card someone gave me for xmas!), so nice deal. Not sure I'll get all 3, but Oddworld is probably a must.

FDC1

I wonder if this person is a Vita owner, or just wants to knock Sony for um...giving away some free games.

It's Derrick, basically anything outside 6-months old AAA productions is worthless for him. He's just...him, dont lose your time with that.

Top Bottom