• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS VITA Appreciation, Collecting and Homebrew Thread

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I'm willing to try some homebrew on my pstv. Anyone with a guide for folks who have no idea what they are doing? I really mean colour by numbers type stuff.

Shinriji

HOMEBREW NEWS:

- Theme Manager EX 2.0 released
- Taiko no Tatsujin Vita translation is done
- Zero no Kiseki Evo translation is done (only the vita exclusive missions are missing)
- Trails in the Sky SC Evo translation is done (again only the vita exclusive missions are missing)

Shinriji

NEWS

- FAST STRIKER, the amazing neogeo shmup homebrew made by team NG:DEV TEAM, is getting an official port by Eastasiasoft (Soldner X developers). Cart version on sale by playasia.
- NIGHT TRAP, the "so bad its good" FMV Sega CD, will release on vita. Limited Run Games cart version all but confirmed.
- TIMESPINNERS terrible port is updated. Looks like they improved a lot, but keep your overclock app close by.
- MOONLIGHT, the NVIDIA streaming app, is updated and very much improved.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Portable Night Trap? But why? Though speaking of that how do I get Sega CD iso's into Picodrive? Seems like whenever I try they don't show up after the transfer. Though I think I might know why.

Shinriji

HOMEBREW NEWS

- Homebrew Game Maker Studio Export tool released - Convert game maker games projects for running on vita.
- Vitagrafix 3.1 released (improves resolution and remove FPS cap .several new games added, including Dragon Ball Battle of Z, Ratchet 1 and 3 and many more)
- Vitagrafix Configurator 1.2 released (simple UI for using vitagrafix)

Shinriji

HOMEBREW NEWS

- Vitagrafix 4.0 released (improves resolution and remove FPS cap and now manages even MSAA in games. New games are added throught text now, so a LOT of games are being added daily, including NFS Most Wanted, Ys Celceta, the LEGO games, Minecraft and Zero Time Dillemma)
- Vitagrafix Configurator 2.0 released (simple UI for using vitagrafix, now support VG4.0)
- OPENBOR released (The Beats of Rage, beat em up engine)

Gamerguy84

it was huge for me, so many great games, great hardware, good retro-compatibility that is sadly not complete.just wishing for 10-20 more great games.

Yeah thats what Im saying. It was great while it lasted but support just vanished and I was like WTF. I still use it for some PS1 games. Its charged right now on my nightstand.

Keihart

Anyone a fan of "what did i do to deserve this" games? (this translation of the name it's my favorite since it's a play on the catch phrase of Nobita in Doraemon) I hope theyrevive this franchise since it was brought back for a while with a VR and a puzzle title this gen, but i want a main entry again.
The soundtrack it's so good.
This games are never leaving my PSVita and sadly they will die together since they haven't been ported :(

Last edited:

Tenaciousmo

Anyone a fan of "what did i do to deserve this" games? (this translation of the name it's my favorite since it's a play on the catch phrase of Nobita in Doraemon) I hope theyrevive this franchise since it was brought back for a while with a VR and a puzzle title this gen, but i want a main entry again.
The soundtrack it's so good.
This games are never leaving my PSVita and sadly they will die together since they haven't been ported :(

i've played lord 2 on psp a while back. did enjoy my experience with it

Top Bottom