• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita claim settlement emails going on NOW

Matriox

Got my vita launch day, I recall applying for the settlement and haven't gotten shit since. I don't think I'll get anything, but I got good value out of my Vita, even bought a 2000 lol. Cant be too bummed if I don't get a voucher.

beason52

Neo Member
For people wondering what this is, it is from a case against Sony alleging false advertising with the PS Vita's launch advertising campaign. It definitely could be done online, as I never mailed anything in and got the $25 PSN credit as well.

Shizuka

No email

Sony hates me

tumblr_nsjkw5vynp1sjbrjyo4_500.jpg

AEREC

Hmm...was there something I would have filled out at some point to get this. Not sure when I got my Vita either but I've had it for years.

HardRojo

A friend just told me about this lol. His code already came in. I don't remember whether I finished filling the form or not out laziness. Damn :/ No email so far.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So how long will we have to wait for the claim form about getting those free months of PS+ for not partaking in the Welcome Back program & such? I was getting about 6 months worth because I qualified for something else as well.

Edit: Yeah, this settlement. I got 3 months of PS+, then another 3 months because I didn't get any of the free games back in 2011 from the Welcome Back program. Wonder when we'll hear about that.

I did it but I don't remember if I chose the PSN credit or the check. I was just thinking about this too a few days ago.

Wait what how do you get this? I would have loved to have gotten some free money...

I was going to write out an explanation but I'll just quote the e-mail we got in early April.

Dear Customer:
Our records show that you purchased a PlayStation Vita handheld game console prior to June 1, 2012. The Federal Trade Commission has alleged that some SCEA advertisements for the PlayStation Vita during this period were deceptive. Although SCEA neither admits nor denies liability in connection with this matter, SCEA has agreed to settle the dispute with the Federal Trade Commission by offering either cash back (or credit on your PSN account) or merchandise to customers who purchased a PlayStation Vita before June 1, 2012, and who have not returned the product for a full refund.
Accordingly, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to receive a check for $25 (or a $25 credit on your PSN account). Alternatively, you are eligible to receive a merchandise voucher that you can use to select from a list of merchandise, video games and/or services. The selection of merchandise, video games and/or services that are available through this offer has a retail value of $50 or more.

You are eligible to receive either a check for $25 (or a $25 credit on your PSN account) or a merchandise voucher, but not both. For details of each offer and to make your choice of the $25 check (or credit) or the merchandise voucher, please click here.
You MUST complete and submit the information requested in the above link by June 30, 2015 to be eligible to receive the $25 check (or $25 credit on your PSN account) or merchandise voucher worth $50 or more. Please be assured that your acceptance of this offer does not obligate you to purchase anything.

For more information on our settlement with the Federal Trade Commission, please visit www.ftc.gov and search for “Sony Computer Entertainment America.”
If you have any questions, please call Sony Computer Entertainment America claims administration at 1-800-410-5484.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Nice I got mine!

Top Bottom