• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita firmware 1.8 is the one to watch for PSOne Classics

Banned
So, I've never really paid attention to firmware updates until this one for obvious reasons (huge update). Does Sony normally put this thing up at midnight or does it come randomly on the 28th and we just keep checking?

Who thinks PSN is gonna have network problems on the Vita side because EVERYBODY at once is going to download this firmware lol?

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm guessing this is going to be like the PSP games, afterall.

I'm downloading a few games not on the list and leaving their installs waiting on my PS3 in the meantime.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Too bad they didn't show much of the emulator in that video. I would have loved to see if it has any new features compared to the PSP emulator.

Also, that list is missing some of the games that were already confirmed for launch like Resident Evil 2 and Metal Gear Solid. It's a bit strange. But it guess that would just be the usual Sony screwup.

Banned
Well, looks like I can't dl any other PSone classics yet that I already own for the PS3. But at least I can dl FF7 over.

Jucksalbe

Banned
God, that SCEE list. Why do I have most of my PSX games on my US account? :-/ (okay, I know why, shitty PAL versions)

Edit: Post should have been in the other thread, oh well.

Bog

Junior Ace
Holy shit, it's letting me download my Japanese Mega Man 1-3 onto the Vita, even though they're not on the list of 9.

Well that update was easy.

Love the excitement for the use of buttons and the ability to play PSX games.

Welcome, everyone to 1998. NOW THE POWER IS IN YOUR HANDS.

I feel dumb but how do I update. I went into the store and see nothing lol

It's under Settings yo.

petrochemicals

Neo Member
So SCEE gets almost all 100 games and SCEA gets 9? How am I not surprised. Was going to buy some PS1 games tomorrow, now I really wonder if I should bother sinking my money into Sony and it's horribly managed digital stores anymore. Already burned me on the PSPGo and now the Vita.

Also tested the d-pad controls for the menu. They work, but then you launch the PS store and it's back to touch controls. Way to update the button controls Sony. You really know how to make the user experience consistent across the board. Consistently crappy.

hongcha

I just got the update on my japanese vita. On my jpn psn account, it will let me download :

Grandia
Ganbare goemon uchuukaizoku
Saga frontier 2
Policenauts
Donpachi

I can't yet download:

Crime crackers 2
Harmful park
Himitsu taisen metamoru v
Adventures of Little Ralph

Banned
So according to the video the vita psn store should have a psone section and it doesn't. Also, Playstation blog says 1.69 is the latest update so obviously we jumped on it too early lol. Guess I gotta wait till tomorrow.

petrochemicals

Neo Member
There are more than nine games. The nine are the only ones going to be on the store. More can be copied from a PS3 to the Vita.

Here's a compatibility list that's being updated as people try copying PS1 games over.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488789

That's nice and all, but I do not own a PS3. Considering that SCEE gets all of the 120 or so games on their store tomorrow SCEA has no excuse as to why we only get nine.

Andrefpvs

Holy awesome hidden feature, GAFman!

You can now control PSP games with the touchscreen, and map the right stick to L/R and START/SELECT, which is great in the Persona games!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
It's probably not possible due to account settings, but can you transfer a PS game purchased on the US store and transfer it to your Vita (with a JPN account) and play it, and vice versa? Has anyone tried?

Fodder76

Call me stupid but where the heck are the PS1 games on the store? I can't find them anywhere. (through the Vita I mean)

Agent X

There are more than nine games. The nine are the only ones going to be on the store. More can be copied from a PS3 to the Vita.

Here's a compatibility list that's being updated as people try copying PS1 games over.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488789

I think that's great that NeoGAF members are making the effort to test out games and put together a compatibility list, but this is something Sony should have done over the last few months.

Games need to be recertified to be published as Vita titles on the Vita store only.
Also let's be real, 98% of Vita owners have a PS3.

Even so, people shouldn't have to resort to testing transfers from a PS3. There should have been 100 or more PS1 games available directly from the PS Store. There should be no need to for a user to already own a PS3, and no need to use a PS3 to transfer games over to the Vita.

Top Bottom