• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

PS Vita FW 2.60 is out [Megaton: Anti-aliasing on Bubbles!]

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jun 6, 2004
Changelog now up on Sony's site: http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psvita/index.htm

You can now upload/download saved data for PS+ on the livearea screen area for games

"The usability of many features have been improved"

There's more stuff in the changelog when you are greeted with the update

You can turn off wifi, flight mode, etc. when you hold PS button

You can now easily upload and download you saved data using online storage. Select the PlayStation Plus icon on the LiveArea screen for each application.

You can now play content saved on a connected device (PS3 or PC) with [Videos] and [Music].

Some items have been added to the menu that appears when you press and hold the PS button.

[Devices] has been newly added under [Settings] and [Bluetooth Settings] has been moved under [Devices].

In addition, the usability of many features has been improved.

whitehawk

Banned
Jan 27, 2008
Canada
That's actually awesome. Going into the content manager is annoying.

Does it now always remember your settings for auto upload? It's annoying that when I delete Unit 13 and then redownload, auto upload for save data isn't checked anymore.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jun 6, 2004
You can turn off wifi, flight mode, etc. when you old PS button

Aurizen

Jul 2, 2012
Philly
probably nothing worth upgrading... I gotta take the dust off my vita to update, when I have a reason to...

LQX

Dec 18, 2008
Did they fix the download bug? If you have any game in sleep state and go to download anything from the store it hangs the Vita where you have to hard reset. Fucking annoying.

whitehawk

Banned
Jan 27, 2008
Canada
Doesn't the number indicate there should be quite a few new features? I'm only on 2.12 right now, 2.60 seems like quite a jump.
Did they fix the download bug? If you have any game in sleep state and go to download anything from the store it hangs the Vita where you have to hard reset. Fucking annoying.
This happens to me for like 50% of downloads. Really hope they fixed this.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jun 6, 2004
Doesn't the number indicate there should be quite a few new features? I'm only on 2.12 right now, 2.60 seems like quite a jump.

The pics I posted alone are quite a bit of features already, and there's some more I"m sure to be discovered

whitehawk

Banned
Jan 27, 2008
Canada
The pics I posted alone are quite a bit of features already, and there's some more I"m sure to be discovered
Yeah this is what I'm saying. There's often un-announced features.
Save data auto upload? Awesome, lost my Zero Escape save when I deleted it because I forgot to upload first
Auto-upload has always been present. You have to go into the content manager and check mark the games you want to be auto uploaded.

Tobor

Sep 15, 2006
You can now upload/download saved data for PS+ on the livearea screen area for games

This is awesome. It was a huge pain in the ass to back up saves before.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
May 10, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
You can now easily upload and download you saved data using online storage. Select the PlayStation Plus icon on the LiveArea screen for each application.

You can now play content saved on a connected device (PS3 or PC) with [Videos] and [Music].

Some items have been added to the menu that appears when you press and hold the PS button.

[Devices] has been newly added under [Settings] and [Bluetooth Settings] has been moved under [Devices].

In addition, the usability of many features has been improved.

Skerj

Dec 6, 2008
Jupiter
Awesome, the old way of going to Content Manager, connecting to PS+, selecting the game, and then ticking the box for auto upload was cumbersome as hell. You had to do it for EVERY GAME EVERY TIME. ..I did it for every game every time.

Now give me my god damn region swaps back without requiring 2 memory cards.