• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita game Uppers coming to the West via Steam

Bullet Club

I almost bought this game for the Vita a couple of years ago from PlayAsia, so I'll be checking this one out.

UPPERS is coming to Windows PC exclusively via Steam on October 21, 2020!

Set on the otherwise deserted island of Last Resort, UPPERS puts players in control of up to 13 characters in perpetual combat against battle-hungry punks who freely stalk the island looking for trouble, accompanied by a squad of thrill-seeking girls determined to see their favorite fighter as the victor. Follow the multi-layered story of violence, betrayal, and redemption as these brawlers fight to be the strongest on Last Resort Island. Each character is equipped with a unique fighting style and special combos, ranging from rugged street brawlers and wrestlers to trained martial artists. The more characters pummel their enemies, the more popular they will become with fans, earning power ups to help them stand victorious in street battles. The girls also issue challenges in return for reward bonuses, which can be used in the in-game shop and gym to dress up or improve characters.

Last Resort Island is a city consumed by desire - for those that live on the island, the greatest amusement is violence. A single person’s strength alone can build great fortune, and earn the admiration of the populace.

With strength, motivation and fire in their eyes, two young men, Ranma and Michiru, arrive at Last Resort Island to begin their quest, their sights aimed for the top - but they aren’t the only ones on Last Resort Island with lofty ambitions.

UPPERS tells the story of two men and their journey to the top, using 12 varied fighters and eight support characters - discover their drive, their heartbreaking backgrounds, and fight to be crowned the strongest in Last Resort Island!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPPERS, a beat-em-up brawler originally released as a Japanese PlayStation®Vita exclusive, has been fully remastered for the PC. The game puts you in control of up to 13 fighters, including bonus character Daidoji-senpai of the SENRAN KAGURA series. Follow their journey through seven varied Chapters across multiple difficulty levels and a multitude of locations!

KEY FEATURES

Fully Remastered & Multi-Language Support!
Experience the game like never before fully remastered in 1080p, 60FPS with native support for even higher resolutions and offers full text localisation for English, French, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese & Simplified Chinese.

Varied Character Roster
Control two of thirteen varied fighters each with their own fiery combos and bodacious finishing moves. From Kickboxing to Martial Arts, Kenka and Wrestling, each fighter brings their A-game to the show!

Explosive, Action-Packed Combat!
Please your streetside fans and charge your VOLTAGE! RISE-UP and augment your combos with even more spectacle and fighting style before unleashing your fury with the Upper Rush - pummeling your opponent with hundreds of attacks before your fans’ very eyes! Perhaps your adoring fans will reward you handsomely by showing you their favorite pair of underwear!

Crazy Environmental Interactions
Utilise the environment to your advantage, throw cars, throw bicycles, throw motorbikes or choose to slam-dunk your opponent into a manhole or uppercut him into a passing by Helicopter - the possibilities are both ludicrous and crazy!

Tschumi

Good for them. I personally have never really bought into fighting games and beat em ups, but I'm really glad to see a Vita title getting love.

It's been in limbo for a very long time. I've had it on my curator page since at least early this year. Probably cancelled on ps4 because its kind like a spike! Brawler (kenka bancho) with some fan service (getting knocked into the rack of a girl watching the brawl).

Top Bottom