• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwing

AwRy108

Sounds good. I've just been itching for some kind of action game. I have too many RPGs on my system, and not enough time to really play them. But I loves da RPGS!

Thanks for the info!

I have it on PS2 and love it: it feels like a game from Treasure (melee + bullet hell combo system + loads of bosses) but with a useful upgrade system and 3 diverse characters to chose from. I haven't played the PSP version, but, like I said, the PS2 version is pure gaming gold. Anyone who's been gaming on consoles since the SNES/Genesis days will be in heaven with this game.

I'm so glad they changed their minds and are bringing it to vita as well!

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/25/jet-set-radio-heading-to-the-vita/

JET SET RADIO

--also gravity rush, I heard the story was short (10hr - no side quests only challenges), unrevealing/unsatisfying story at the end ( next title ) and generally cheesy. Gameplay looks fun so I am keeping my preorder but not expecting a complete package (AAA game) really.

Both games mentioned are perfect for this system. I just hope they get all the music for Jet Grind. Also, the Dreamcast comparisons are becoming prophetic.

EDIT: Damn auto-correct.

Both games mentioned are perfect for this system. I just hope they get all the music for Jet Grind. PSP, the Dreamcast comparisons are becoming prophetic.

VanWinkle

I just finished my shift at WalMart and checked out the vita games, like I normally do. I saw that wipeout 2048 and hot shots golf were $19.96. Our WalMart doesn't have many games so other ones might have more. It wasn't a clearance tag. Is this a new price point? I hadn't seen that before.

Hi GAF
Lost me Vita adaptor/USB cable :(
Anywhere I can import one at an affordable price? I'm in the UK and it's not released here apparently (the fuck?) And the other brands can be a bit hit or miss

I left mine at my mothers in Spain and as I wanted a second cable anyway and a car charger I bought a bigben travel kit for 19.95 that comes with the power adapter, USB cable and car charger, where the adapter and car charger both have usb inputs so I can use them for other stuff as well ...

Tiamant

I don't know about Walmart but here in Spain we've put Wipeout, Modnation, Everybody's Golf and Little Deviants at 19.95€ new price. At least at Fnac stores.

Koroviev

I just finished my shift at WalMart and checked out the vita games, like I normally do. I saw that wipeout 2048 and hot shots golf were $19.96. Our WalMart doesn't have many games so other ones might have more. It wasn't a clearance tag. Is this a new price point? I hadn't seen that before.

There's a good chance it is. The time is ripe for launch-title bombas.

spats

Hey guys, I just ordered a 32GB card ready for next weeks demos and whatnot, since the 8GB one just isn't cutting it. I was wondering if it's easy to move everything over from one card to another and what the process is like. Thanks.

Panda Rin

I'm so glad they changed their minds and are bringing it to vita as well!

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/25/jet-set-radio-heading-to-the-vita/

JET SET RADIO

--also gravity rush, I heard the story was short (10hr - no side quests only challenges), unrevealing/unsatisfying story at the end ( next title ) and generally cheesy. Gameplay looks fun so I am keeping my preorder but not expecting a complete package (AAA game) really.

Awesome! I was originally going to get this for PC, but having the game on the Vita would be beautiful.

Man, I can't wait for Gravity Rush. Mortal Kombat and Monster Hunter have been doing a good job keeping me busy, but I wants me some Gravity Rush and Resistance to really put some use into this thing.

Koroviev

Hey guys, I just ordered a 32GB card ready for next weeks demos and whatnot, since the 8GB one just isn't cutting it. I was wondering if it's easy to move everything over from one card to another and what the process is like. Thanks.

This post might be helpful :)

Koroviev

Yeah, and saying that $20 is a better price for it isn't a dig at the game. It's just that it's way too hard to justify buying a $40 puzzle game in today's market (for obvious reasons).

How did Lumines do, sales-wise? I was at the local GS, and they said that they had received very few copies. They said that there simply wasn't a whole lot of interest this time around. Personally, I think it would have done better as a $20 downloadable title. The high-score chasing gameplay is too reminiscent of SSD, which is only $15.

VanWinkle

How did Lumines do, sales-wise? I was at the local GS, and they said that they had received very few copies. They said that there simply wasn't a whole lot of interest this time around. Personally, I think it would have done better as a $20 downloadable title. The high-score chasing gameplay is too reminiscent of SSD, which is only $15.

Not sure, but I doubt it did too great. I loved Lumines on the PSP and had no problem paying full price at the time, but the puzzle game market is dramatically different with the introduction of smartphone app stores. iPhone and Android phones both have absolutely fantastic puzzle games that are just as content-rich as Lumines for $5 or less. I would have to think hard about it even at $20.

Massa

Not sure, but I doubt it did too great. I loved Lumines on the PSP and had no problem paying full price at the time, but the puzzle game market is dramatically different with the introduction of smartphone app stores. iPhone and Android phones both have absolutely fantastic puzzle games that are just as content-rich as Lumines for $5 or less. I would have to think hard about it even at $20.

Licensed music is expensive and it's a core part of Lumines.

VanWinkle

Licensed music is expensive and it's a core part of Lumines.

I know. I understand why it's more expensive, but it doesn't make it any easier to justify the high price. Several years ago, pre-iphone, sure, but not now.

That's not to say that hardcore Lumines fans didn't pick it up; I'm sure they did. But too high of an entry point for anybody else.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

I get what you're saying, but I don't think I've ever played a downloadable puzzle game with the same level of production values as Electric Symphony. It's an amazing audio visual experience. But I haven't played the cheaper XBLA/PSN version, maybe they're the just as impressive in that regard.

Didn't they release a mobile version of Lumines? And the PS3 version is something like $15. Do those versions not use licensed music?

I played a Lumines on Iphone, and it's just not the same. Barebones presentation, no licensed music, and the touch screen controls are unwieldy. I played the demo for the PC version too, the controls were better but it felt barren and soulless in comparison to ES.

Massa

I know. I understand why it's more expensive, but it doesn't make it any easier to justify the high price. Several years ago, pre-iphone, sure, but not now.

That's not to say that hardcore Lumines fans didn't pick it up; I'm sure they did. But too high of an entry point for anybody else.

Oh, I agree. I think $40 is too much for this game (and pretty much every Ubisoft launch game, but they really wanted to be on the store shelves for the Vita launch I suppose). Now that they got the money from hardcore Lumines fans I hope they drop it to $20 so I can buy it.

Didn't they release a mobile version of Lumines? And the PS3 version is something like $15. Do those versions not use licensed music?

I have no idea.

Koroviev

Oh, I agree. I think $40 is too much for this game (and pretty much every Ubisoft launch game, but they really wanted to be on the store shelves for the Vita launch I suppose). Now that they got the money from hardcore Lumines fans I hope they drop it to $20 so I can buy it.

I have no idea.

We need answers!

slider

Heh, I'm doing the exact same thing except rather than ask I blindly went ahead and used content manager. I'm sure I'll fuck it up somehow.

I'm sure everyone already knows this but my bloody Vita won't connect to my (launch 60gig) PS3 unless I connect it via the very first USB port. Weird but at least I solved it.

I'm currently moving stuff back to the PS3 in anticipation of filling the 32gig card I've got waiting. I'm sure I'll fill the old 8gig with something; just no idea what yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom