• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zavvi and Game UK (not anymore on the website) :

assassin-creed-3-psvita_090168008E00364682.png

1337955941-ghostreconfinalmissiongameuk.jpg

do want

Hey GAF, which version of Monster Hunter should I get?
I've played like an hour of one of them before on a friends PSP now I want to get into MonHun

Monster hunter freedom unite is the best and only one you'll need. All the content of freedom 1 and 2 is present in unite in one form or another.

xxczx

Monster hunter freedom unite is the best and only one you'll need. All the content of freedom 1 and 2 is present in unite in one form or another.
Ah cool, I was just thinking since they uploaded all the older MonHun games onto PSN and if I should start with the first and transfer saves, etc. I'll get Freedom Unite if I'm not missing out on anything

Jeels

Two questions:

How do I remove/delete bubbles/apps from my Vita?
Anyone have the video for the Hori screen protector application?

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Two questions:

How do I remove/delete bubbles/apps from my Vita?
Anyone have the video for the Hori screen protector application?

1. Hold tap and hold onto an app "bubble" and then you will see an "X" on the corners of each app. Tap the X to delete the app.

Jeels

Thanks you two!

Honestly, I am having so much fun with my Vita playing PSP games, I'm in no rush at all for Vita releases.

Grinchy

Banned
Thanks you two!

Honestly, I am having so much fun with my Vita playing PSP games, I'm in no rush at all for Vita releases.

When you're deleting bubbles, make sure to back them up first on your PC or PS3 if you want to keep the game save. I think the bubble and the game save are tied together.

I hope Ubisoft didn't change their plans and just bring AC3 for Vita now instead of a new title.

Despite that mock box art, the assassin's creed game coming isn't AC3. It's a stand alone title. Though I've heard rumors they are trying to get cross platform MP into it.

And i've heard exactly the same thing about CoD. It's not BLOPS2, but they are working on cross platform MP with BLOP2.

Take this with a grain of salt as the rumors that make its way to me pre-E3 are getting more and more insane - and tend to contradict each other. But... I have heard that about both of those games from several people now.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Despite that mock box art, the assassin's creed game coming isn't AC3. It's a stand alone title. Though I've heard rumors they are trying to get cross platform MP into it.

And i've heard exactly the same thing about CoD. It's not BLOPS2, but they are working on cross platform MP with BLOP2.

Take this with a grain of salt as the rumors that make its way to me pre-E3 are getting more and more insane - and tend to contradict each other. But... I have heard that about both of those games from several people now.

Both of those would be pretty awesome, separate SP campaigns but MP that works with PS3, that is what the Vita needs IMO to pull in people, new and old experiences that allows you to play with friends.

panda21

wow the vita is really nice. it feels really well built, but also isnt too heavy. the size of it sort of reminds me of the game gear.

i went and forgot to buy a memory card so theres next to nothing i can do with it at the moment :S

good to hear that unit 13 is fun, I blind bought because i really liked socom 4.

Zampano

I don't have one and my screen is in pristine condition. Just use a good case and a microfiber cloth :p

Yeah you really don't need a screen protector. I'm amazed that people would want to put anything between "Dat OLED" and their eyes. Just look after it and it'll be fine. Even if you drop it the sticks will stop the screen hitting the floor.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I don't have one and my screen is in pristine condition. Just use a good case and a microfiber cloth :p

Ay that's what I'm doing, i ordered this screen protector back in April when I ordered my Vita but it's been a month of playing now and I haven had much trouble so I will probably just cancel it.

When I'm not using it I cover the front with a microfiber cloth in its case, which has worked fine so far.

Ponn

Banned

Same. Though I don't really take my Vita outside, its mainly used for playing games while watching netflix or something boring on TV. I like my portables untouched, screen protector would feel weird.

Might as well drop this in here. In a new interview with Kevin Riepl about Burning Skies. Riepl states he's working on an unannounced Sony title for vita. Riepl's game music tends to be action oriented so maybe it will be God of War or Syphon Filter.

I was working on another Vita title for Sony at the same time Resistance: Burning Skies was looking for composers. I was thrown in the mix because the team on Resistance: Burning Skies was really enjoying my material for this other unannounced game.

http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2012/05/resistance-burning-skies-composers-discuss-making-aaa-soundtracks-handheld-game/

Same. Though I don't really take my Vita outside, its mainly used for playing games while watching netflix or something boring on TV. I like my portables untouched, screen protector would feel weird.

Vita is the first one where I wouldn't really mind one, as it senses touch before you touch it, so a screen protector wouldn't harm it. But the few times I've used one they always end up wearing quickly and then I don't replace them.

jonno394

Ok based entirely on recommendations from fellow gaffers I have bought "Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack" and "Corpse Party".

I eagerly await disappointment on both fronts ;)

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Ok based entirely on recommendations from fellow gaffers I have bought "Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack" and "Corpse Party".

I also picked up Mutant Blobs Attack based on all the good things people have been saying, haven't played it yet though.

slider

That's the spirit!

But seriously I really like Mutant Blobs. It's very charming. Don't have Corpse Party though and at the moment I'm obsessing over Virtua Tennis. Although I wish I hadn't made my character look so weird.

Mileena

Banned
The Hori Screen Protector is still no where in stock in the UK, I might not just bother at this point.

I got one and took it off because it was pointless. Slight degrade in quality and no benefits as long as you're careful with the system. Just get a hard case for taking it outside and you're fine.

jonno394

Ok NeoGAF you're taste is great, Just played the first four levels of mutant blobs and the first tilt-a-blob; the game is great fun :)

Ok NeoGAF you're taste is great, Just played the first four levels of mutant blobs and the first tilt-a-blob; the game is great fun :)

You dare doubt Vita GAF? Lol Mutant Blob might my favorite Vita game so far regardless of price. It certainly wins in the price to fun ratio for sure. Need more games like it.

Oppo

I actually really like Escape Plan. Got such a funny (albeit derivative) style. well executed though. it's one of those games, that were it on iOS, it would be a superstar.

Also made great use of front and back touch which was a nice surprise. I'd be happier if it were $10 instead of $15 but I don't regret buying it.

Dude, if I knew what that was I probably would be...

when you use the camera to build your character, they all look like somesorta zombie. crazy looking,gray, faces on the side of head. .
You can edit your character after you build him if your not happy with how he/she looks

slider

when you use the camera to build your character, they all look like somesorta zombie. crazy looking,gray, faces on the side of head. .
You can edit your character after you build him if your not happy with how he/she looks

Thanks for explaining Jack. I'm pretty sure I won't ever use that feature!

theBishop

Banned

It keeps getting better. The pace of puzzles, new mechanics and narrative are just perfect. I'm not sure Drinkbox will be able to execute this well again.

Vita is the first one where I wouldn't really mind one, as it senses touch before you touch it, so a screen protector wouldn't harm it. But the few times I've used one they always end up wearing quickly and then I don't replace them.

I suggest Hori one. I have it for over 2 months already and no sign of wear and touchscreen feels the same as it was without protector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom