• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita owners should be given first dibs for Playstation 5.

JordanN

Banned
So I recently learned that to actually pre-order PS5, Sony requires you get "pre-approved first".
And this vetting process apparently looks at your history or "loyalty" to Playstation.

But screw you Sony, I bought your final handheld in a world where everyone was going mobile or opted for a 3DS & Switch.
That should put me in front of the entire line.

So what do you think?

Also want to give a shoutout to PSTV owners. They should get at least one game for free.

Lz6Lihh.jpg

Last edited:

tommycronin

Banned
Sony ain't gonna give you special treatment when they see your dumb ass already after buying all their shit they already know you're gonna buy a ps5.

Its like telling a politician you're gonna vote for them in 2 months time. What you should be saying is I'm not gonna vote for your corrupt ass you're gonna have to earn it.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Wait you think you should get preference for buying a failed portable? Huh?

Codes 208

i think the longevity of a ps+ account has more relevance than buying a too-be niche handheld that was abandoned almost as soon as it came out.

Sony didn’t care about it then, I doubt they care about it now.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
I remember when this forum thought the Vita and Vita TV were going to be absolute smash hits and change the gaming world haha.

I bought a vita and it's probably my least used console of all time.

Illo

Has vita
Psvr since day one
Ps3 and ps4 (also got collectors edition PS4)
Has ton of trophies
Use my PS4 almost everyday

Will probably have equal chance as everyone else to pre-order and purchase a PS5 and that's okay because I'm not entitled to anything.

Vandole

Awww that's cute. Kind of reminds me of when I thought Nintendo would give special treatment for being a Wii U owner. Ahhhhh..... I was so young. So naive.

Shantae

Banned
Makes sense for those who are real supporters/fans, but you mention Vita to Sony, and they'd be like "What's a Vita?"

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The PSTV is genius. Hook up your DualShock 3 to it and play some games. I feel like no one else did that or thought it was cool. Now a days you walk into an Apple store and buy an adapter for $30 to hook your iPhone up to a HDTV. Not to mention Apple TV and the ability to stream. PSTV was before all that.

AGRacing

Gold Member
I'll say this.... I dont know how theyre going to pick the first customers.... But I do know they are 100% going to screw it up.

Your idea is very likely better than whatever they have planned.

JordanN

Banned
I'll say this.... I dont know how theyre going to pick the first customers.... But I do know they are 100% going to screw it up.

Your idea is very likely better than whatever they have planned.
Preference should be given in order of which Playstation console you own.

Playstation 1 = Tier One
Playstation 2 or PSP = Tier Two
Playstation 3 or PS Vita = Tier Three
Playstation 4 = Tier Four

Knack 1 & 2 = Instantly delivered to you.

CamHostage

For that, I'd buy a new Vita today, if they were still making them.

There's enough games still to keep me happy for a while, I like how it feels and plays, the original OLED screen is still inviting, I can Remote Play the thing (well, I personally have lots of Remote Play problems, but theoretically one could,) you used to be able to use PS Now with it ... even without exclusive games, Vita can make you a contented gamer. I may be one of the only crazy people who once thought a "PS Vita Pro" could have been a good idea (overclocking hacks alone have added some improvements to many games, and I'm fine with the scale of most Vita games, I just want them to all perform well,) but it's still about the right amount of machine for what I'd like to keep in my backpack or pocket these days.

JordanN

Banned
Never knew PS Vita even existed.
One time I was in the grocery store waiting in line, and this guy asked me what handheld I was playing.

I told him PS Vita and he said he only played or knew about the first PSP.

This was like back in 2013 or 2014. :messenger_confused:

radewagon

OP, what the hell are you going on about? For all you know. Vita ownership DOES get you to the front of the line.

As a fellow Vita owner, you and I are getting fast tracked to the future of Playstation!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hey that looks pretty neat actually!
I personally really enjoy the game, it’s basically boss rush game and like Megaman you get new powers from beaten boss.

At first the combat can be confusing but once it clicked it became really fun.

Top Bottom