• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita PCH-2000 | Light and Slim. 6 Colors. No More OLED, Instead Cute Penguins

UberTag

Welp. WalMart had the Borderlands 2 bundle for $99. Priced matched @ BB and got it for $89.99.

I am officially part of Vita-GAF!
Welcome to Vita-GAF!

Landing a new PCH-2000 with BL2 and an 8 GB memory card for $75 US plus tax is an absolute bargain.

L.O.R.D

just pulled the trigger after this sales

UOmtq8x.jpg

FBAGDn7.jpg

the 64 was $85 and 32 was $60 , so i got the 64 GB

it comes with 3.30 update
i think i go all digital because PS vita games in my city is really rare

this is my first PS portable ever , so i don't know what i am doing

is there a way to sign in my PSN account without update ?

Shizuka

UOmtq8x.jpg

FBAGDn7.jpg

Are you skipping the update because of CFW? Because if you're not, just update it and proceed to sign in.

N° 2048

UOmtq8x.jpg

FBAGDn7.jpg

I don't think you can skip the update.

To get started check out these threads!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969122
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693529

daxy

yes, most of it for GBA emulation
i heard the vita can't play PS1 game and you have to use custom firmware to do that

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're talking about, if you go on PSN you'll see that it does in fact play PS1 games.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Really wish Sony would release a new Vita with an HDMI port that would allow you to connect to an HDTV. This would kill off that horrible PlayStation TV and expand remote play and get Vita into more households.

Another thing that Sony should do is sell PS4 and Vita as a combo for $500. In fact, Sony missed a golden opportunity two years ago to this bundle. Think about it, what would you rather have? A PS4 and Vita or Xbox One and Kinect for $500?

Oh well. Maybe some day.

L.O.R.D

its so sad that i can't play crash 3 on my vita , i heard there was error 2 years ago that let you play ALL ps1 game from the store to the vita

AmyS

Well guys, the other day I decided on the original OLED VITA.

cVxZrJ8.png

I looked at both of them side by side, and even though there was not a massive difference, the difference was enough that I wanted the OLED right away. I also liked the fact that the original is a bit heavier. People have said the build quality is better, and I agree. It'll be used indoors and plugged in the vast majority of the time so the longer battery life of the PHC-2000 did not sway me towards it. Ever since I got the PS4 at launch I've been talking about wanting the OLED Vita, so that had something to do with my decision as well.

I picked up an 8 GB memory card and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Downloaded alot of demos. Really like Little Deviants. I remember it being shown on stage at PlayStation Meeting 2011 when VITA was revealed as NGP. That's the game that stood out, to me.

Remote Play seems to work flawlessly. At first I forgot to enable high framerate but once I did, very impressed.

Regarding PSP digital games that have been taken down from the PS Store, I really wanted to play R-Type Command. I guess there is no way around this, like finding someone who has a memory card for sale with that game on it. Would be tied to their account right?

ghibli99

After owning both, I don't know how I was OK with the feel of the first one. The 2000's surfaces just feel so much better, and the L/R buttons are a tremendous improvement over the original, which almost feel like they shipped unfinished. I honestly don't even notice the lack of OLED... but hey, that's just me, and I figure if someone has a Vita period, it's a good thing for the support of the platform.

Sarcasm

Don't even touch the oled myself anymore. Thing is like using a psp 1k lol.

Screen difference is a minute issue for me as well as in I enjoy more natural colors.

Shizuka

i don't know why sony patch that
did they fear they gonna get more money from us ?

what really annoying , Crash 1-3 is playable on EU account....WTF?

It's supposedly a matter of licensing. It's up to the publishers if their PS1 games are Vita-compatible, not Sony.

ecurbj

Well guys, the other day I decided on the original OLED VITA.

cVxZrJ8.png

I looked at both of them side by side, and even though there was not a massive difference, the difference was enough that I wanted the OLED right away. I also liked the fact that the original is a bit heavier. People have said the build quality is better, and I agree. It'll be used indoors and plugged in the vast majority of the time so the longer battery life of the PHC-2000 did not sway me towards it. Ever since I got the PS4 at launch I've been talking about wanting the OLED Vita, so that had something to do with my decision as well.

I picked up an 8 GB memory card and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Downloaded alot of demos. Really like Little Deviants. I remember it being shown on stage at PlayStation Meeting 2011 when VITA was revealed as NGP. That's the game that stood out, to me.

Remote Play seems to work flawlessly. At first I forgot to enable high framerate but once I did, very impressed.

Regarding PSP digital games that have been taken down from the PS Store, I really wanted to play R-Type Command. I guess there is no way around this, like finding someone who has a memory card for sale with that game on it. Would be tied to their account right?
Good decision. OLED is beautiful!

I just picked up a 2000 (already have a 1000). Is there anything special I need to know about switching to the new machine? Like, transferring stuff or whatever.

is there a way to use second account without factory reset ?
i am planning to use the second vita memory for my EU account

No, to my knowledge.

If there is a way though, that might keep me from double-dipping on Tearaway to bw able to play it on my NA account.

I'm still torn between just using my PS TV or buying a Vita.

If I go with a Vita I definitly want a different color than black. I'm in the US and Amazon has the imports for about the same price as the local black model.

What should I know about if I go with an import? Will all my games have x/o swapped, or is there something in the firmware where I can change that?

Also I already have a 32gb US memory card, stored with a bunch of US games. (I owned a Vita at launch for several months)

spons

Gold Member
You can change button mappings by means of a built-in firmware feature they've added a couple of months ago.

What games are you currently missing out on? Plenty of them cannot be played on a PS TV. That should be a major factor in your decision.

batrush

Will all my games have x/o swapped, or is there something in the firmware where I can change that?
No to both questions. The roles of x/o are only different in system menus and the stock apps. It is really not a big deal. Amazon FBA is great way to get an imported PSV. Ordered two of them in the past year.
You can change button mappings by means of a built-in firmware feature they've added a couple of months ago.

That button mapping (accessibility) setting doesn't work in the way you expect. It would essentially change your x button to an o button (and vice versa), which isn't what the "x/o swap" is.

I wouldn't recommend the PSTV as a primary system at all. In my case it works well as a companion console, but there are far too many incompatible games/apps for it to be anything greater.

Does anyone have experience with grips for the 2000 from an ergo standpoint? The Vita 1000 and now 2000 gives me the worst hand cramps.

i recently got a vita 2000, and like the ps tv, i can not unlock the lady samurai in disgaea 2 psp, but i could on the original vita that i had, the requirements are to have save data from disgaea 1, but the lady samurai doesnt show up in the create character list

finalflame

Gold Member
Hm, on my 1000 I had something very similar without the battery but it wiggled a lot. I don't really care about the battery part but I think the plug might stop it from wiggling with the grips. I'll try it!

This one definitely didn't wiggle. The bottom power connector "locks" into the console by shifting up and it's rock solid. Was the perfect grip for me, and I got terrible cramps on my 1000 and 2000 w/o a grip.

Leynos

I am seriously considering buying one of those Nyko power grips for my 2000 as, same as you, my hands cramp up when playing. It having a battery is a nice bonus.

Top Bottom