• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita TV JP Import Thread | There's still a life after OLED

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
this thing is region free right?

No idea considering its not out yet. Wait a few days till people start doing write ups on it.

Shouldn't it theoretically support Injustice? The game has no touchscreen controls as far as I am aware of.

Japanese version isnt released till December 19th. So we wont know till it is. Unless someone in the US gets one and tries the game on it.

necroticart

Neo Member
Got mine pre ordered I got the standard edition as I had a memory card and extra controller for it. hopefully it will arrive a few days after the 14th.

plainr_

Import prices are way too high. Guess I'll wait for the thing to pop up on Craigslist or maybe foot the bill for one on ebay if I'm desperate.

lonely

Gundam Breaker got a update yesterday that added Playstation Vita TV support so maybe all compatible games will need this.

desbang

Neo Member
I just picked up my Vita TV from a local store. It came with a list of 60 games that will apparently not work on it. :-/

desbang

Neo Member
Initial signs are not good - it will only let me log in with my Japanese account. I'm now updating the firmware to 3.00, but I'm not optimistic this will change anything.

Edit: Nope. With both my NZ and US accounts I get 'This service is not available in your region'. It is useless to me.

Keys

Initial signs are not good - it will only let me log in with my Japanese account. I'm now updating the firmware to 3.00, but I'm not optimistic this will change anything.

What? It doesn't let you log with another region account? What does it say?

Jiraiza

Edit: Nope. With both my NZ and US accounts I get 'This service is not available in your region'. It is useless to me.

I guess the VITA TV will serve as my Japanese PSN Store device.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I hope that folks that have imported can return it if it is region locked.

Takao

Banned

Do you own any western Vita game cards? Do they work?

Foshy

Let me ask again, can you not log in at all or is it just impossible to access the store with an EU/US account?

If it's the first one, I'm cancelling my pre-order now, otherwise you could transfer your games from a PS3 or another Vita.

Wondering if I should return this if I can't use my US PSN account on it. All of my vita games are physical but I got some digital PSP/PS1 games for free.

mathieulh

Neo Member
Let me ask again, can you not log in at all or is it just impossible to access the store with an EU/US account?

If it's the first one, I'm cancelling my pre-order now, otherwise you could transfer your games from a PS3 or another Vita.

I ordered 2 of those.

If it's like the PS Vita before February 22 2012, you should be able to tie your EU/US account to the console, just not access the PS Store until they make it available for the hardware in your region.
This means you would need a regular ps vita or a ps3 to transfer games downloaded from the store to a memory card.

I ordered 2 of those.

If it's like the PS Vita before February 22 2012, you should be able to tie your EU/US account to the console, just not access the PS Store until they make it available for the hardware in your region.
This means you would need a regular ps vita or a ps3 to transfer games downloaded from the store to a memory card.

Someone said they can't log in like they could when they imported the vita. That time he could log in but couldn't the store this time he just can't log in.

Foshy

Cancelled my pre-order :'( I thought I better do it now when the unit hasn't been dispatched yet to avoid complications.

I'll still be updating the OP and looking forward to impressions.

Yes Boss!

I guess the VITA TV will serve as my Japanese PSN Store device.

Yep, for me too.

Though if it gets released in other regions I'me sure an update will change it.

I'm curious is you can use your japanese account with NA carts...like use it for all my Japanese content from PSN and then slide in my Persona NA cart and play that. That is my ideal set-up.

Yep, for me too.

I'm curious is you can use your japanese account with NA carts...like use it for all my Japanese content from PSN and then slide in my Persona NA cart and play that. That is my ideal set-up.

I haven't tried it but I'm sure you can. We can play JP/EU games fine logged into our NA account on PSP/PS3.

Yes Boss!

I haven't tried it but I'm sure you can. We can play JP/EU games fine logged into our NA account on PSP/PS3.

Crosses fingers. I fully plan on using this for my japanese account anyways and will get another if it comes to NA but I really wanna play Persona and Ys on it now!

Jamix012

Wow it doesn't work at all with the US store? Gee, outlook not so good on the gamecards either. I mean it blocks specific Vita cards already based on them having touch so with this new information about the store coming to light I'm not sure the US games are gonna run on it.

Question to anyone owns it though: Is it easier to switch between two different JP accounts or does one still have to have seperate memory cards and reboot?

Zafir

What id be more worried about is if the games aren't enabled. Like they'll have put the Japanese game serials as enabled but the eu/na might not have been.

Jamix012

What id be more worried about is if the games aren't enabled. Like they'll have put the Japanese game serials as enabled but the eu/na might not have been.

Yeah, is anyone able to answer this? May still be worth an import if at least NA cards work but I suspect they don't.

Zoe

I think I'm still interested... I've been tossing around the idea of getting Jp PS+ for that massive archives collection.

But I'll hold off if Joysound is IP blocked.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I think I'm still interested... I've been tossing around the idea of getting Jp PS+ for that massive archives collection.

But I'll hold off if Joysound is IP blocked.

That massive archives collection is going to be keeping me busy for a long, long, long time. Esp the fact that I have a proper L2 / R2 using the DS3 haha

Memino

Banned
I have like $25 of play asia credit so ye I'm getting one for sure. I might keep my vita just for remote play.

Damn, I was thinking about importing one of these. I just hope the US version (if they ever release it) will allow for switching between the US/EU stores and the Japanese one.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Pre-order canceled. It's not worth it if I can't use my U.S. account on the system. I have enough Japanese games, but I play them all on that account. Makes the Japanese Vita TV useless for PS4 remote play, too, since to my understanding you'd need the same account.

Oh well. Guess I'll put that money towards a 64 GB memory card instead.

Yes Boss!

I got a shipping notice on the little vertical stand. So that is out as well. Does not seem like it is an official stand. Anybody know who makes it?

Sitrus

The Vita TV is looking for the Vita TV section when logging in to PSN. Since that section is not available in any country except for Japan, it returns with an error. Can confirm Persona 4 working on the device. The Vita TV section is by the way also available on the regular Vita xD no gravity rush for now.

kick51

Banned
That was close. Definitely had one preordered on ebay for about $180, but got cold feet when I saw that games needed to pass some cert before being compatible. No reason they would do that for non-japanese/asian games at this point, so I figured it would be a brick to me.

What a shame...I REALLY wanna play Muramasa on my TV.

sublimit

Banned
Vita tv unboxing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiKdoqmxbwE

PSV-TV-Unboxed-RSG.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2013/11/ps-vita-tv-now-available-in-japan-unboxing-video

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, for me too.

Unfortunately P4G is one of the games that require a compatibility patch. Don't think it'll work unless a patch also gets issued for the NA version of the game.

So mine shipped from Yodobashi but I haven't "Tenso'd" it across the sea yet... Is it completely useless without a Japanese account? Carts require compatibility updates? I mean, I'm sure once it launches in other territories it'll be firmware'd into life, but kinda regret jumping on that preorder now a little. It was still cheap enough that it's not a huge deal I guess.

Yes Boss!

Unfortunately P4G is one of the games that require a compatibility patch. Don't think it'll work unless a patch also gets issued for the NA version of the game.

Yeah, I'm expecting as much. My enthousiasm for system still remains the same, though. It will just be my J-PSN system (and J-PS1 Classics player). Will get a black version as its pair when it hits stateside!

Wubby

Mine came today. I'm not too concerned about not being able to log into US account. I got it mainly to take over Nasne duty so I can stop running my old 20gb PS3 so much.

Yes Boss!

Nice!

I keep checking my email to see if my forwarder has gotten mine yet.

Post a pick of it in your setup if you get a chance.

It really is a very cool idea from Sony. This and the 2DS really do show that curve-balls come out of left field still.

Top Bottom