• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita US Launch Details (Launch Games, Accessory Pricing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

test_account

XP-39C²
Repostin' like a bawss:

Is the Wifi/3G bundle worth it? I mean, to use the 3G, you have to pay additional each month, right? And if you have Wifi connections nearly everywhere you are, does that defeat the purpose of the 3G like it does on the iPad?
Yes, you have to pay a monthly fee, but there is no subscription, so i think you can just pay for one month at the time.

From what i have gathered, the 3G is more accurate for stuff like Near, but other than that it isnt much use if you have access to WiFi.

If you're planing on getting the 8GB memorycard, then i'd say that one might just go ahead and buy the 3G bundle. Then the 3G model ads up to be $20 more expencive + you get a free game (has the free game been revieled yet by the way?).

Huh...I tried ordering Rayman Origins with release date delivery through Amazon. When I log into my account...it takes the release date delivery away. I log out and it says release date delivery. Log in...no release date delivery. Weird man.

This has been a common problem for Amazon lately. Whenever they've added release day delivery to any vita title (and maybe other platforms, i dunno) it doesn't fully show up for a few days. Check back tomorrow or Wednesday and you you should be able to change it.

Raine

Playstation Vita NA Launch |OT| Already dead, just doesn't know it

Playstation Vita NA Launch |OT| Gonna fail so hard just like the PSP

Playstation Vita NA Launch |OT| I just came back from 2015 and there aren't even consoles anymore all anyone does is play with their iphone

Playstation Vita NA Launch |OT| Arthur Gies doesn't give this thing 18 months so that pretty much means it will be fucking huge

Playstation Vita NA Launch |OT| Why does this even exist?

Ok, you win chubigans, but i had to try.

I feel like it should have DOOOOOOOMED somewhere in it, but I couldn't think of anything good. I guess Dead is just as good.

Playstation Vita NA Launch |OT| Vita as in Life. Yes. It's Alive.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Think he'll still be playing them 15 years from now?

I don't see why he wouldn't. I fired up Megamania the other day. Going to be playing Minish Cap here sometime soon, once I'm done with Peace Walker.

Raine

Has it been said when Little Big Planet is being released? I see that it's one of the few games, along with Modnation Racers, that people can choose from in the Taco Bell Promotion if they win. So I guess it can't be far away right?

Takao

Banned
Has it been said when Little Big Planet is being released? I see that it's one of the few games, along with Modnation Racers, that people can choose from in the Taco Bell Promotion if they win. So I guess it can't be far away right?

May.

Apath

because it's more interesting?

also, guys, we aren't allowed to have "|OT|" in threads that aren't for specific games.
[link]
I mean, it's a thread title. They're witty the first time you read it -- then it's just stuff that detracts from what the thread actually contains.

UberTag

Current placeholder dates for LBP Vita:
- Gamestop says March 31st
- Target says May 15th
- Best Buy says June 12th
- Amazon says June 26th

Lastly, a recent PlayStation PR E-Mail cited a May 2012 release date.

test_account

XP-39C²
Guess that works for you, as long as that network is secure, up and running, and allows those titles to be redownloaded.

I'm just glad Atari wasn't digitally distributing their titles when I bought my Lynx. I have physical carts that I can go back and replay any time I want, from this time forward in history, for as long as the hardware and electronics holds up. Who even is Atari now?

Think you'll still be downloading those PSP games from the PSN store 15 years from now?
This is the "horror" with all digital download stuff, that it can be lost if the service closes down sometimes (shouldnt be that big of a problem finding it again if doing piracy though). But luckily this is not the case with PSP or PS Vita though. I mean, all of those games (with the exceptions of Minis and PSN games) excist and will excist on physical media, so one can obtain the physical copies if one is concerned about losing digital downloads in the future. I also think that it wont be any big problem finding working PSPs 15 years from now on, so i dont think there will be any issue playing PSP games in the future (mostly thinking about playing physical games then) =)

Xenon

PlayStation Vita |OT| all it's missing is a trackball.

PlayStation Vita |OT| the Swiss army knife of handhelds.

PlayStation Vita |OT| true mobile gaming's last stand.

PlayStation Vita |OT| What else am I going to buy until 2013?

LegoDad

Yes, you have to pay a monthly fee, but there is no subscription, so i think you can just pay for one month at the time.

From what i have gathered, the 3G is more accurate for stuff like Near, but other than that it isnt much use if you have access to WiFi.

If you're planing on getting the 8GB memorycard, then i'd say that one might just go ahead and buy the 3G bundle. Then the 3G model ads up to be $20 more expencive + you get a free game (has the free game been revieled yet by the way?).

The bigger question is that you received a free game for activating your 3G before the big bundle change, do we now get 2 free games, or are they just announcing it on the box now...

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
The external UMD drive would have most likely wittled the battery life down to 1 or 2 hours.. you would need to tether your device to the power outlet to play your UMD games.

I made a special effort to indicate a separate power outlet in the image for the external UMD, powered from the same plug used on the PSP, because it indicates it has a separate battery.

Imbarkus

You think that a UMD addon would make much difference? Honest question. Personally i doubt it. It would be no place to put it without causing some inconvenience (like blocking the rear touchpad), and it would also cost extra money. And i dont think that an addon like that would be cheap either. My guess is that it would have cost at least 5000 Yen.

Yeah I postulated $99.99 MSRP American. Just disable the rear touchpad when the unit is installed. Not like PSP games support it. As long as it is fairly easy to attach and remove, not an issue.

At least the additional cost would be a one-time charge. How long before you've added up at least 5,000 Yen with the UMD-to-PSN rights-transfer double-dip?

What exactly are you capitulate ownership to? Your old PSP and those games would work fine even if they dont work on another system as well. I'd say that it is a more "dangerous" precedent to take it for granted that backward compability is going to happen.

I honestly dont see the complain here. I mean, i can see that you want backward compability to happen, and that is fair enough, but i have no idea what you mean about capitulate any sense of ownership when you lose nothing in this case. Backward compability is something that is an addition, it is not something that is required for a new system to work, so nothing is missing or being taken away in that regards.

It's part of an overall problem. Ubisoft PC games that require constant communication to a back-end server to function at all. EA games with DLC that you can burn a copy of the install files, but still won't graft onto the program if they can't authenticate against EA servers. PSN "purchases" that could disappear into complete vapor if the company goes under, leaving you with no tangible, reinstallable software that is yours to use if the ability to redownload disappears.

And of course willing tolerance to pay twice for an additional license for a copy of software you have already purchased, just becuase the storage medium is a physical disk, rather than "the cloud," and the manufacturer would prefer to nickel-and-dime you with a double-dip rather than sell you a peripheral.

Vita is backwards compatible. It is. It's already done. It is done, unfortunately, in such a way that it is also taking the form of storage and distribution of content out of the hands and control of the consumer.

Doesn't anybody else remember when Divx as a movie format was vying to defeat DVD?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIVX

Syn23

PlayStation Vita Western Launch Thread of but does your iPhone have Uncharted?
Another good candidate.
Basically, anything that isn't sarcastic is good.

Today I made an OT for the european launch on another forum, and I made a list of the launch line up titles, with trailers. I think that, if you're a gamer, given the variety of the games, there has to be something that you like. The hardware is obviously good. In the long run things should not be so bad, even if the initial sales will be disappointing.

Eusis

Or hey you could just keep the PSP and play the sodding games on that
I think there's a legitimate reason to want to do this for the OLED screen, and perhaps the analog sticks too. But yeah, it's why I got a replacement 3000 shortly ago.

PS Vita: Finger My Rear

wee-bey-oh-shitb4zkf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom