• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita US Launch Details (Launch Games, Accessory Pricing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun-drop

is fifa a launch title? think that just sold me on this thing .... wow it looks awesome.

the rear touch thing is brilliant ... just hope it's not too powerful? is going to give strikers some much power in front of goal .... just wondering if my fingers can move that fast back there to take advantage of spit second decision making ..

but yeh ..shocked how close to the ps3 game it looks

tzare

fifa is with superstardust my launch games of choice. Looks amazing.
i'd love to see a demo on PSN when vita launches, just to make sure it feels as good as it looks.

MightyKAC

I'm going to seriously laugh my ass off when FIFA '12 releases for the Vita and it ends up being the same price as FIFA '12 for the PSP on PSN.

Sony FIX THIS SHIT!!!!!!

Snowballo

is fifa a launch title? think that just sold me on this thing .... wow it looks awesome.

the rear touch thing is brilliant ... just hope it's not too powerful? is going to give strikers some much power in front of goal .... just wondering if my fingers can move that fast back there to take advantage of spit second decision making ..

but yeh ..shocked how close to the ps3 game it looks

First thing I'll do: disable touch controls
I don't want any advantage. I don't want to play an "easier" version of the game.

Moreover I heard that EA will make different kind of matches in order to preserve traditional players and touch controls players.

sun-drop

yeah price could be a bummer ... but seriously ..... fifa is my most played ps3 game, period.

thats one feature i wish the XMB had on ps3 ... a total time played stat for each game over yr consoles life time, that would be cool ...

demo of touch controls

but yeh, we get wipeout for free with the 3g version here in nz ... think this, and escape plan would make 3 awesome launch titles for me ...

it's a shame this thing doesn't have a truely next gen platformer ready at launch ah lah a crash or sly cooper ...that would have rivaled mario/waverace/pilotwings64 for best western launch ever imo

sun-drop

seriously tho ..with the game looking that close to the console version .... is there any possiblity they'll allow ps3 vs vita matchs like wipeout? maybe just in selected modes?

maybe dlc down the track ...

but ...even if that isn't to be .... what needs to happen is vita ultimate team transfaring mode ...

i mean if i can load my PS3 UT account in vita fifa .... and play games on the go .... i mean the SAME account. so if i play UT that night on ps3 .... then the next day while on my lunch break play it on vita ..and just pick up where i left off, earning coins and making trades with my actual ps3 UT squad .....

sold baby, i'm so there.

Number45

It's probably asking too much for that much integration this time around, but hopefully they'll do it for the new versions that release (later this year I assume).

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Nearing completion of Golden Abyss. Awesome game. Being a trophy whore, I LOVE having the ability to unlock trophies on the go. I love this thing more and more each day. GET HYPE Y'ALL.

Nearing completion of Golden Abyss. Awesome game. Being a trophy whore, I LOVE having the ability to unlock trophies on the go. I love this thing more and more each day. GET HYPE Y'ALL.

I'm not really much a fan of tilt-control anything, but damn if
that amazing waterfall descent didn't put a huge smile on my face!
Great use of the tech, I thought. Thrilling section.

NHale

I'm going to seriously laugh my ass off when FIFA '12 releases for the Vita and it ends up being the same price as FIFA '12 for the PSP on PSN.

Even worse is to see FIFA PSVita priced like FIFA 12 PS360 was at launch. Sony isn't going to sell this machine with software priced so high.

Do we have an updated list of launch titles?
Quoting myself from another forum. I haven't added Motorstorm RC yet. The Japanese "launch titles" are available before the European and North American launch. Otherwise I think it's correct.

archnemesis said:
Launch Titles

iholD.jpg
6Vy2W.jpg

Army Corps of Hell (Entersphere) | Trailer | It's heavy metal Pikmin from Square-Enix.

y5Wfh.jpg
FWO9k.jpg

Asphalt Injection (Gameloft) | Trailer | Enjoy arcade racing with collectibles, crashes, jumps, shortcuts and nitro for thrilling races.

nTFwB.jpg
cJ0qY.jpg

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (Arc System Works) | Trailer | A hi-res 2D fighter from the creators of the Guilty Gear series.

LrhDu.jpg
jacV3.jpg

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (Gameloft) | Trailer | A hack and slash action-role playing game.

mbggZ.jpg
HcIFu.jpg

Dynasty Warriors Next (Omega Force) | Trailer | Hack and slash your way through thousands of enemies. Very loosely based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

vnn4w.jpg
FPqGc.jpg

Escape Plan (Fun Bits) | Trailer | Stylish black and white puzzle game.

0oNFs.jpg
Rk8aX.jpg

Everybody’s Golf: World Invitational (Clap Hanz, Team Ninja) | Trailer | Popular and humorous golf series with a precise engine. Known as Hot Shots Golf in North America and Minna no Golf in Japan.

WrAvH.jpg
Yx7Yy.jpg

F1 2011 (Codemasters) | Trailer | Realistic racing based on the 2011 Formula One season.

UDLhV.jpg
3V2rV.jpg

FIFA Football (EA Sports) | Trailer | You know what FIFA is.

0LykX.jpg
Jzz9M.jpg

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Traveller's Tales) | Trailer | The game is based on the Lego Harry Potter line and is based on the final four films in the Harry Potter series.

PmVGO.jpg
gLK7H.jpg

Hustle Kings (VooFoo Studios) | Trailer | A pool game. Features a career mode as well as various trick shot and tournament modes.

DaWGH.jpg
t8unn.jpg

Little Deviants (Bigbig Studios) | Trailer | An arcade/compilation game that makes use of the the Vita's rear multitouch touchpad and augmented reality capabilities, along with traditional controls.

5oW7s.jpg
icNKm.jpg

Lumines: Electric Symphony (Q Entertainment) | Trailer | A puzzle video game based on sound and light patterns.

KHgFt.jpg
71SKP.jpg

Michael Jackson: The Experience HD (Ubisoft Montreal?) | Trailer | A music video game based on Michael Jackson's music and songs.

qBgPG.jpg
HU5FY.jpg

ModNation Racers: Road Trip (SCE San Diego Studio) | Trailer | A kart racing game focused on 'Play, Create, and Share'.

8ywsw.jpg
lliwK.jpg

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Team Ninja) | Trailer | An action-adventure game that follows the fictional story of Ryu Hayabusa, a ninja, in his quest to recover a stolen sword and avenge the slaughter of his clan.

EzU0w.jpg
bVNXs.jpg

Putty Squad (System 3 Software) | Trailer | A platformer originally released for the SNES back in 1994.

dNziT.jpg
tZMZL.jpg

Rayman Origins (Ubisoft Montpellier) | Trailer | Colorful platformer. The story follows Rayman, his friend Globox and two teensies as they fight Darktoons and other evil creatures that have infected the Glade of Dreams.

DDpGU.jpg
S2NK4.jpg

Reality Fighters (Novarama) | Trailer | Fighting game based around augmented reality.

mIVYE.jpg
G3cPy.jpg

Ridge Racer Vita (Cellius) | Trailer | Continues the Ridge Racer tradition of drift racing and will support single-player as well as local and Wi-Fi multi-player games.

Q66Jc.jpg
Izpsj.jpg

Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja (Acquire) | Trailer | Set six months after the events of the previous game, Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja sees the once peaceful region of Utakata in the grip of a vicious civil war.

NQNeh.jpg
W734c.jpg

Super Stardust Delta (Housemarque) | Trailer | Twin stick shooter where you destroy virtually everything on screen in a frenetic pace.

eRjNK.jpg
7sNNV.jpg

Top Darts (Devil's Details) | Trailer | The game features a large selection of traditional darts games as well as an assortment of unique challenges and multiplayer games. Beer is not included.

i2huK.jpg
XgsAG.jpg

Touch My Katamari (Namco Bandai) | Trailer | Players must roll a sticky ball, known as a Katamari, over hundreds of objects, allowing it to grow in size and reach a desired size within a time limit.

MEO93.jpg
C4hM5.jpg

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Capcom, Eighting) | Trailer | It is an updated version of the fighting game Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.

UrYgQ.jpg
L2OFw.jpg

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE Bend Studio) | Trailer | Uncover the dark secret behind the 400-year-old massacre of a Spanish expedition as Nathan Drake follows the murderous trail of an ancient and secret Spanish sect.

hEFOI.jpg
EAw0O.jpg

Unit 13 (Zipper Interactive) | Trailer | A third-person shooter from the SOCOM team.

glasp.jpg
ZDl1e.jpg

Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition (SEGA-AM3) | Trailer | A tennis game that allows the player to step into the shoes of some of the world's best tennis pros.

yfUfq.jpg
NJhbf.jpg

Wipeout 2048 (SCE Studio Liverpool) | Trailer | Futuristic anti-gravity racing well-known for its fast-paced gameplay and high-quality 3D visual design, as well as its association with electronica and electronic dance music.

Might be launch titles

qQzG8.jpg
Ydohs.jpg

Gravity Rush (SCE Japan Studio) | Trailer | Take control of Kat, a mysterious young woman who has the ability to control the gravity around her. The gravity-controlling mechanic can be used to fly through the air, walk on walls, and thrusting devastating kick attacks towards enemies.

Launch titles in North America not available in Europe at launch

qxNoB.jpg
kGGCs.jpg

Ben 10: Galactic Racing (Monkey Bar Games) | Trailer | A kart racing game based on the Ben 10 franchise.

i0SSA.jpg
cjlFx.jpg

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Nippon Ichi) | Trailer | A hardcore, turn-based, strategy RPG.

DIrZj.jpg
xFyG9.jpg

MLB 12: The Show (SCE San Diego Studio) | Trailer (PS3) | A Major League Baseball video game that builds on what has been delivered in previous franchise releases, adding compelling features that bring unparalleled innovation.

Np0Gh.jpg
QLxA6.jpg

Plants vs. Zombies (PopCap Games) | Trailer | A tower defense action video game that involves a homeowner using many varieties of plants to repel an army of zombies from "eating their brains".

KBUeg.jpg
aAv6O.jpg

Silent Hill: Book of Memories (WayForward Technologies) | Trailer | The game utilizes an overhead isometric view, follows a new storyline, and features returning creatures from the series' fictional universe, as well as cooperative gameplay.

1WYp7.jpg
Wejoy.jpg

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (Drinkbox Studios) | Trailer | A side-scrolling puzzle-platformer about a grumpy mutant Blob that escapes into the world and starts eating everything around him.

Launch period titles in Japan not available in Europe or North America at launch

oBhO2.jpg
RnNTx.jpg

AR Combat DigiQ (Konami) | Trailer | An online combat game where you control radio controlled vehicles using the Vita's dual analogue sticks. As indicated by the "AR" in the name, the game will use augmented reality technology, allowing you to set your battles against whatever backdrop you like.

YyNll.jpg
tmMNN.jpg

Dream Club Zero Portable (Tamsoft) | Trailer | A Japanese hostess game where the player gets drunk with the hostess while trying to gain her favor.

5PpDr.jpg
ouwuz.jpg

Gyokugen Dasshutsu ADV: Zennin Shiboudes (Chunsoft) | Trailer | Commonly translated as "Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die". It's an upcoming visual novel and a successor to the Nintendo DS title 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors. It's being created by the same staff and will contain full voice acting, rendered 3D models, and a self-contained story.

PSiPS.jpg
YlhFD.jpg

Little Busters! Converted Edition (Key) | Trailer | A visual novel. The adult elements are removed in the Converted Edition.

NqzaG.jpg
ftEWh.jpg

Lord of Apocalypse (Access Games) | Trailer | An action game that allows up to four players to fight monsters and demons. The gameplay is very close to the Monster Hunter series, but this time with cinematic kills and mini-games. Players also have the ability to summon monsters to aid them in battle.

VjuWP.jpg
AURhV.jpg

Mahjong Fight Club: Shinsei Zenkoku Taisen Ban (Konami) | Trailer | A video game that is based on the classical Chinese game mahjong.

QiKQO.jpg
sqBPf.jpg

Monster Radar (SCE Japan?)| Trailer | An augmented reality location based game that will utilize all the feature the PS Vita has to offer including the camera features.

bAIDZ.jpg
zJQ1w.jpg

Ragnarok Odyssey (Gamearts) | Trailer | An RPG from the studio responsible for classic franchises like Lunar and Grandia.

DB0k0.jpg
stNvU.jpg

Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: 11 Ninme no Suspect (Chunsoft) | Trailer | A horror sound novel.

PgOv4.jpg
dNZ1Y.jpg

Tales of Innocence R (Alfa System) | Trailer | A re-imagination of an old Tales game. Scenarios, battle system and areas within the game being revamped. The game will also feature new graphics, new artwork for the characters, new music tracks as well as new extensive new anime cutscenes.

So tempted to just buy a Vita along with Uncharted and Rayman at launch, but I told myself to wait until Persona 4 or FFX are out and the Vita dropped in price a bit. I learned my lesson by buying a 3DS at launch.

Can't wait until demo units show up so I can see the thing in person.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
There's even a discount voucher for it if you pre-order from European retailers.

Yes, ill get the pre-order pack next week too. I for some reason thought Escape Plan would be further away, as in summer or even fall. Great that its already finished. Do we have information on the price point ? 10 usd/€ would be great.

ebgames.ca updated some of the launch titles to releasing today. lol

Maybe I can pick up my preorders today!

Mostly Sony titles.

Wipeout/Uncharted/HSG/Modnation.

Raonak

Banned
So my interested games list has grown now that I know the devs of shinobito 2 made tenchu2, one of my favourite ps1 games.

Day1
-Wipeout

I'll get one of the following on the first week, then the others in following weeks.
-Uncharted
-UMvC3
-Shinobito2

plus stardust via psn.

archnemesis, thanks for the list.

Some questions:
- Hustle Kings and Top Darts are exclusive to the Euro PSN store or they will be available in US?
2 - Putty Squad will be a launch PSN title in US?

There are a few other Japanese games I have spot, like Let's Bass Fishing FISH ON NEXT, @field and TOEIC Test (what is that?)

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah I postulated $99.99 MSRP American. Just disable the rear touchpad when the unit is installed. Not like PSP games support it. As long as it is fairly easy to attach and remove, not an issue.

At least the additional cost would be a one-time charge. How long before you've added up at least 5,000 Yen with the UMD-to-PSN rights-transfer double-dip?
I agree that an UMD addon would be nice to have. It is not something that i personally would use, but it doesnt hurt to have the option. But i dont think that this is something that would have mass appeal and boost the Vita sales noticeably. For $99 you can get a used PSP. The only difference is that an UMD addon might be slightly more convenient than carrying around a 2nd PSP.

It's part of an overall problem. Ubisoft PC games that require constant communication to a back-end server to function at all. EA games with DLC that you can burn a copy of the install files, but still won't graft onto the program if they can't authenticate against EA servers. PSN "purchases" that could disappear into complete vapor if the company goes under, leaving you with no tangible, reinstallable software that is yours to use if the ability to redownload disappears.

And of course willing tolerance to pay twice for an additional license for a copy of software you have already purchased, just becuase the storage medium is a physical disk, rather than "the cloud," and the manufacturer would prefer to nickel-and-dime you with a double-dip rather than sell you a peripheral.

Vita is backwards compatible. It is. It's already done. It is done, unfortunately, in such a way that it is also taking the form of storage and distribution of content out of the hands and control of the consumer.

Doesn't anybody else remember when Divx as a movie format was vying to defeat DVD?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIVX
I think i see what you're trying to say, but i would not compare it to DLC and online activation because you have the option to buy phyiscal PSP games. The physical PSP games wont go away, you can play them in 20 years if you like, no problem. Here you have a choice, to buy physical games or digitial download games, this is not the case with games with heavy DRM.

To avoid paying twice, the only way to avoid this is by including a voucher with the game etc. to begine with. Since this wasnt done with the PSP games, it is not something that can be retrofitted. All PSP games are identical as far as i know, so there isnt a system that can allows a copy of a game to be registered one time only. I guess maybe your thinking more in general about this, but i just wanted to point out that such a system cant be retrofitted to work on PSP games.

Regarding Vita being backward compatible, i actually think this is somewhat debateable. I mean, the PS Vita can play PSP games indeed, so i wont argue much against it, but it is basically just a PSP emulator. Is the Wii concidered as being backward compatible with the NES, SNES and N64? Personally i would not concider that as backward compability. And are people angry on Nintendo for not releasing a NES, SNES and N64 addon for the Wii that lets you play the physical games? Because here you also have to rebuy the old retrogames. Now, one can argue that these games are old, so it make sense, and that is true. But i still think that the principle is somewhat the same, that the console supports old games, but only through digital download.

Regarding DivX, i remember well when it came out, but this is more of a discussion about Digital Distribution VS Physical Media. That is another discussion, it doesnt have much to do with lack of backward compabilitly in my opinion. But about this other discussion, there i support physical media the most because i like to collect games :)

Binabik15

Best launch line-up ever? YES.

I´m getting Uncharted and Rayman at launch from Amazon Germany.

I hope that game prices fall quickly in the UK, because I still want Blazblue, Gravity Daze, Army Corps, Hot Shots Golf and maybe Little Deviants and Ninja Gaiden (I never played my PS3 copy much, though, so I'm not sure about that). Then Dragon's Crown will come out and at one point I'll want a RPG.

Great line-up for games, terrible for my wallet.

PS: I hope Sony realises that Metal Gear Acid and Patapon would be fantastic fits for Vita. Front and back drumming to unleash my hugeeyed minions? Yes, please.

Eusis

Personally I'm curious to hear how good Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus is. Never DID play the games beyond demos, but sometimes these get botched in the rush for launch. Rayman interested me too, but with news of the DRM-free PC version I'll probably just stick with that.

archnemesis, thanks for the list.

Some questions:
- Hustle Kings and Top Darts are exclusive to the Euro PSN store or they will be available in US?
2 - Putty Squad will be a launch PSN title in US?

There are a few other Japanese games I have spot, like Let's Bass Fishing FISH ON NEXT, @field and TOEIC Test (what is that?)
The list is Eurocentric since I'm European. I don't know if you're getting those at launch. The PS3 version of Top Darts had a simultaneous release for EU and NA. For Hustle Kings there was a month's delay.

I didn't know Tales from Space was a launch title?
It might be incorrect. I got the information about it from Wikipedia who cites an old IGN article. Have you heard otherwise?

Thanks for that launch round-up, Arch!

Some great titles. Hopefully Motorstorm makes it into the launch. Otherwise, some tasty treats in a few weeks!

Takao

Banned
I´m getting Uncharted and Rayman at launch from Amazon Germany.

I hope that game prices fall quickly in the UK, because I still want Blazblue, Gravity Daze, Army Corps, Hot Shots Golf and maybe Little Deviants and Ninja Gaiden (I never played my PS3 copy much, though, so I'm not sure about that). Then Dragon's Crown will come out and at one point I'll want a RPG.

Great line-up for games, terrible for my wallet.

PS: I hope Sony realises that Metal Gear Acid and Patapon would be fantastic fits for Vita. Front and back drumming to unleash my hugeeyed minions? Yes, please.

Gravity Rush is PSN-only in Europe, so you're not going to see that go on bomba sale quickly.

As for MGA, while I'd love a new iteration the director at Konami just finished up NeverDead...

Yeah, if Metal Gear AC!D 3 gets announced as kicking off development, I shall pronounce this handheld an even greater gift from the gods. Even if they feel they have to tie into a dual iOS production, I don't care. We need AC!D of any kind.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
For people asking about copying game saves from the PSP games.
Yes, it is possible, you connect the PSP via USB and copy the files from the PSP to the folders the Vita Content Manager created, connect your Vita and you're good to go.
No need to use Media Go or anything.

Excellent. I can pick up on TitS since had to sell my PSP for money recently. I will splurge on Vita PSN games and some PSP games when I get this thing back.

Takao

Banned
Yeah, if Metal Gear AC!D 3 gets announced as kicking off development, I shall pronounce this handheld an even greater gift from the gods. Even if they feel they have to tie into a dual iOS production, I don't care. We need AC!D of any kind.

Ac!d 3G is a name that must happen.

Snowballo

ebgames.ca updated some of the launch titles to releasing today. lol

Maybe I can pick up my preorders today!

Mostly Sony titles.

Wipeout/Uncharted/HSG/Modnation.

I consider the launch of the japanese PSP (don't rememeber the Euro and Us one) one of the best with three fantastic launch titles: Minna no golf, Ridge Racer and Lumines. Three different genres, hours of awesome gameplay.

This time they are doing even better.
I cannot believe this console is selling that bad. :(

Snowballo

Quoting myself from another forum. I haven't added Motorstorm RC yet. The Japanese "launch titles" are available before the European and North American launch. Otherwise I think it's correct.

Considering the list posted, if Super Stardust is a PSN only title, shouldn't I find also Motorstorm RC?
Anyway I don't believe all that japanese titles are coming to US now.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Anyone have a link to the Vita data management app? I downloaded media go and liked it just for the download history but it did feel a little bloated. Or is that something that comes in a disc with the Vita itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom