• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenyal

It's noon and still no phone call to let me know I can pick one up tomorrow. Pacing back and forth... waiting >:|

Last I checked, vita is region free.

Thanks Shagg.

I know it's region free, but what I meant to say:will the US version have different soccer teams than the EU-version? I wanna play with Chelsea, Dortmund, Ajax etc. and I just wanna make sure all European leagues are in the game.

Orcastar

Kinda on the fence about the Vita. I don't really believe it will be a success for Sony, but I kinda want it anyway. None of the launch games really interest me, but backwards compatibility with PSP games sounds great; never had a PSP but there's tons of games for it I'd like to play.

What do...

Thanks Shagg.

I know it's region free, but what I meant to say:will the US version have different soccer teams than the EU-version? I wanna play with Chelsea, Dortmund, Ajax etc. and I just wanna make sure all European leagues are in the game.

The Giant Bomb QL had Jeff playing as 'Spurs', so I'm guessing those teams are in.

Rootbeer

Banned
Amazon customers, yet another reason why ordering from amazon pays off...
Customers who ordered the PlayStation Vita - WiFi through 2/20/12 will be sent a $20 credit to use towards PlayStation Vita games or accessories to compensate for the current "Buy a PlayStation Vita - WiFi get a 4GB Memory Card" offer (since we know many have already ordered and received a memory card).

You should receive your promotional code within two days after your order ships.

-Amazon.com Video Game Editors
Thanks, Amazon!

Massa

Thanks Shagg.

The teams and leagues are always the same. The only difference is in what languages are supported for text/narration.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
but what I meant to say:will the US version have different soccer teams than the EU-version?

no, same teams - playing as Ipswich here and i see all the usual divisions in there

dc89

Mock me if old but on Twitter people are saying Vita firmware 1.61 has just become available.

Apparently it's going to confuse people come tonight because of the update process. It says on initial setup and after connecting to wifi the vita will ask you if you want to link your existing PSN account. However, the system wont let you do this unless the firmware is up to date, something which can't be done until after the initial setup. Instead, you have to select trial option, update and then enter your PSN credentials.

Bumhead

Banned
Postman has just been. Two fucking letters, no Vita.

That said I'm definitely still waiting for a parcel delivery as the wife rescheduled a missed delivery from last week for today for something she's ordered, so still holding out hope my Vita will arrive then.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Woah!

I was quoted in the impressions! I feel so special! :)

DemonNite

follow up on Gravity Rush release date (at least in euro).

It isn't April, that was my mistake.. its actually slated for June (currently the plan).

Also, the plan is to release both the DD and physical copy at the same time.

... on more happier news, Amazon pulled through!

5M1eG.png

Rootbeer

Banned
Those who ordered on 2/20 or 2/20 and before? No email yet.
They posted this message just SECONDS after midnight so I think you have to have ordered before 12:01AM on the 21st.

The e-mail should go out within 48 hours of it shipping.

But, the further good news is that if you want a Wi-Fi Vita and didn't order one yet, you can get a 4GB card for free... which I guess would be nice for some. Personally I'm glad I ordered a 32GB. I don't know when the 4GB offer goes live but should be shortly.

Flying Hamster looks so good on Vita! It wasnt showing up as compatible in downloads list but searching for the game let me redownload it (Thanks PS+!)

Need more minis compatibility!

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Still don't know whether to grab a Vita yet, it's either that, the new ipad, or a kepler gpu for me, I can only afford to budget for one of them, very hard choice to make.

tzare

aghh tomorrow can't come soon enough.
Vita+16GB MCard here+ free reality Fighters (will probably trade in as nor really interested)
Lumines + Rayman from Amazon's mistake (15€ for both)
Will buy SSD from store and maybe escape plan (have a €5 PSN voucher from preorder)
Also will buy FIFA but i will wait if amazon uk does B2G4 thing

no, same teams - playing as Ipswich here and i see all the usual divisions in there

Great to hear DCharlie!

Is it too much to ask if you could check the narration? Is Dutch an option? How is the game anyway. I played the demo and there were some slight framedrops. Are the present in the retail version?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
This has to be the most stacked day one I've ever experienced, by far.

Stuff ordered:

3G/Wifi Vita
16GB card
Rayman Origins
Lumines: Electric Symphony
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (it was a fiver in that Amazon.co.uk mishap :p)

Stuff I will get:
Escape Plan
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
MotorStorm: RC
Super Stardust Delta
Wipeout 2048

Stuff thinking about:

Starter Kit
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Everybody’s Golf: World Invitational
Ridge Racer
StarDrone Extreme
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
FIFA Football

PSP games I am thinking about that I haven't played:
A metric tonne, too many to list

Oh shit.

Rootbeer

Banned
Still don't know whether to grab a Vita yet, it's either that, the new ipad, or a kepler gpu for me, I can only afford to budget for one of them, very hard choice to make.
That WOULD be a hard decision. With games like Diablo III and Guild Wars 2 coming soon, I'd lean more towards the GPU... but all three have great, distinct advantages. Good luck on deciding.

Currently going for:

Wifi Vita
16gb card
FIFA Football
Super Stardust Delta (got the the discount code)

Considering getting:

Uncharted: GA (If HMV offer it for £25 when bought with a console)
Motorstorm: RC

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm so excited to play Tactics ogre and FFT WotL on the PSV. Strategy RPGs are my weakness. I hope SE becomes more realistic with their PSP pricing. 30 bucks for Dissidia 012 or FFIV is ridiculous.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Great to hear DCharlie!

Is it too much to ask if you could check the narration? Is Dutch an option? How is the game anyway. I played the demo and there were some slight framedrops. Are the present in the retail version?

Narration - i see no options for commentary language (obviously this is the US version) - i will have a dig around, maybe hidden in other options

Dutch commentary is awesome! "THERE IS BEAR CUM! THERE IS BEAR CUM! THERE IS BEAR CUM!" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdtdV_heCpo )

Frame drops - played about 8 games, i saw one point of framedrops and it was extremely slight. There is a more obvious bug though - when other games are in progress and you get score updates, you will sometimes see that the pop up scores show that a team has "-1"

So it shows up as, e.g. "Ajax 0 - -1 VVV" - the -1 flashes to indicate the goal and it switches to "Ajax 0 - 0 VVV"

it's a relatively small bug as the games never end with any team having a negative score but it's really odd to see.

Little Deviants is surprisingly fun! So far, I've played 10 game modes and I enjoyed them all. My only grip is that it forces you to use touchscreen and tilt. All of the game modes can be played with dualsticks and buttons with ease yet this forces you to go waggle.

Maybe it would be an idea to get some of the best PSP titles listed in the OP too? I'm sure a lot of people will be asking for some recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom