• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacho

Is there any reason for me to buy this game? In all likelihood, I'll never play it with another human. I'd attempt adhoc party, but I'll never find someone to play in person.

Some people swear by the multiplayer, but I never touch it in Monster Hunter games. You can go at it solo and there is still a TON of stuff to do. The only things you'll miss out on are some end game bosses and various weapons and gear exclusive to the multiplayer.

see5harp

Alright... So I got in touch with someone from Sony UK on the EU Official Forums and he told me that he could get any valuable feedback to the RIGHT people: the team responsible for the Vita's OS / firmware.

This is the list I sent him. Let's hope it helps:

He just PM'ed me that he forwarded the list to them, as he thought it was great feedback. ^.^

That sums up just about all of the issues I currently have with the OS. Bravo. I would also include something in there about Content Manger and save backups as well. In a few months I'm really not going to want a Hot Shots Icon on the dash just so that I don't lose my progress.

Rayman is so so so so amazing. I have UC GA, Wipeout, Dark Souls, and MW3 yet to prestige and every moment I have free time I devote to Rayman.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Can someone tell me why is "Where is My Heart" not there when I go to Minis section on Vita store? Is the game not available in US and Canada? Or does it not work on Vita?

Rayman is so so so so amazing. I have UC GA, Wipeout, Dark Souls, and MW3 yet to prestige and every moment I have free time I devote to Rayman.
For some reason the game makes a lot more sense to me to be played on a handheld. Just has that pick up and play quality to it.

Hot Shots Vita is pure crack. I can't stop. I can't stop playing. I need to play more Hot Shots. I still can't get over how amazing this handheld is. Sony has truly outdone themselves.

Want:

Rayman
MLB The Show
Gravity Rush
Virtua Tennis
Uncharted

:(

darkwing

Hot Shots Vita is pure crack. I can't stop. I can't stop playing. I need to play more Hot Shots. I still can't get over how amazing this handheld is. Sony has truly outdone themselves.

Want:

Rayman
MLB The Show
Gravity Rush
Virtua Tennis
Uncharted

:(

what about Lumines? the new avatar thingy is great

The Hori Hard case is this one, right?

How does the Vita fit inside? Is it loose? Also is the inside padded or hard? And does the outside feel sturdy? I'm getting mine soon but I'm kinda worried. I'm terrified something might happen to my Vita in my bag during the day.

PS: If you loved NGS, you should love NGS+. I guess it depends if you've ever double dipped on a game you love and if you regretted doing so. I double dipped on NGS+ and have no regrets.

Yes that is the one. here is what I wrote yesterday about it

Got my Hori case today and so far a really nice case. It slim, yet solid and has room for 2 games. It opens vertically instead of horizontally like most and it has a flap that covers the screen. So far it doesn't seem like anything will scratch the system and it holds it very snug.

xclaw

I'm worried now that Motorstorm Artic Edge will never make it to the Vita over here due to the bug in the eu/jp version. I was really hoping to play it on this system but might have to go looking for a ps2 copy now.

jony_m

A7VUYy

long wait......

So I'm probably going to buy a WIFI Vita today or tomorrow, was hoping someone could answer the following questions for me on this before I buy.

- I have Hustle Kings on PS3. Will I get the Vita version for free?
- 16 GB Memory Card, worth the cost?
- Does the Vita fit in the soft case that came with the launch PSP 1000?
- Anyone know if the PSP version of SSX On Tour has a digital version available? If so, does it work with the Vita?

The only launch for a system that has ever been this fantastic for me was the Dreamcast.
House of the Dead 2, PowerStone, Soul Calibur, Ready 2 Rumble, NFL2K I was obsessed with the thing. The Vita feels so much like that. I truthfully expected this to just be PSP2 but its so much better. I never imagined it would be better than any other handheld but my consoles as well.

Carl

So I'm probably going to buy a WIFI Vita today or tomorrow, was hoping someone could answer the following questions for me on this before I buy.

- Anyone know if the PSP version of SSX On Tour has a digital version available? If so, does it work with the Vita?

1 yep, it will appear as free on the store.
2 Worth it for me. if you see yourself buying a lot of PSN games (you should) it's worth it.

Nightz

The only launch for a system that has ever been this fantastic for me was the Dreamcast.
House of the Dead 2, PowerStone, Soul Calibur, Ready 2 Rumble, NFL2K I was obsessed with the thing. The Vita feels so much like that. I truthfully expected this to just be PSP2 but its so much better. I never imagined it would be better than any other handheld but my consoles as well.

Just hope it doesn't end like the Dreamcast!

ss_lemonade

So any impressions on Virtua Tennis? Thinking about downloading it right now.
Haven't had much time with my vita, but so far, vt4 looks amazing! Looks just as good as its console counterparts to me. The game also has lots of modes and takes advantage of pretty much everything the Vita's got (cameras, touchpanels, gyro, slick graphics)

Shadybiz

I just picked it up yesterday, so I haven't had much time with it, but I am really digging it so far. The gameplay is slick and fluid, lots of things to do, and it's a pleasure to look at. I was hesitant about the World Tour mode, but after playing around with it, it seems pretty cool. If you want a quick fix, you can just play a best of 3 game match against the AI, which should take around 10 minutes.

Now I'm starting to get pissed. Ordered a 32gb card from Lockerz. Was told they were on back order and it would be shipped out the middle of this week. I haven't gotten any shipping notification and now they haven't responded to my emails in the last couple of days.

I posted some early impressions last night.

So I got VT4 from Amazon today, finally, and I think I am officially in love with the Vita. Virtua Tennis translates so well to the Vita and the graphics and animations are top notch. Matches are quick and fun which makes on the go gaming or squeezing in a quick game on break or before work very easy.

And the options! Man there is so much to do in this game. There is the World Tour of course which I haven't even started yet, online play, 10 different mini games if you include the ship, there is some AR stuff, you can create and customize your own character using a photo of yourself then take it through the World Tour and online and progess the character, and the VR Tennis mode is a neat little mode to try out and show friends. Not to mention in an hour and a half I got 8 trophies and the game doesn't seem that hard to platinum so I am definitely going to try and get my first platinum with this game.

This is a great game that looks and runs amazingly well on the Vita, and if you are a fan of Tennis games and Virtua Tennis in particular then you owe to yourself to get this game. If not now then when it goes on sale.

PS. I laughed out loud during the mode where you rescue the chicks and return them to the Hens when snakes started to crawl around the court and chased my line of chicks. I was like NO WAY!!!

Twinduct

Rayman origin is crack though. So many fucking levels!
Also got the starter kit today ... I love this cover .. kickstand just blew me away.

Btw anyone know if there is a EU release for the dock? Or if I can import the one from US amazon without any trouble?
(Voltswize)

Alchemy

Ha no kidding. The death note for the Dreamcast was the PS2 and the ridiculous hype machine it was surrounded with I can't really think of anything that could do that to the Vita.

As long as Sony focuses this thing on core gamers and has appropriate expectations I think it will keep chugging along slow and strong. If they bust the bank trying to compete with smartphones and tablets its going to be painful to watch.

Bumhead

Banned
Good to see people are still enjoying the Vita a week on. That initial excitement really seems to be holding for people who actually bought it.

I'm not even joking, but right now the Vita has the potential to be my favourite ever console. Seriously. Even if it just becomes a "best of PlayStation" device with PSOne support, PSP backwards compatability, PS2 uprez's and PS3 spin-offs. I love this thing. It's just the right console released at the right time in my life.. perfect.

Paznos

I just finished Uncharted on hard so good, only got 25% of the trophies will have to get 100% since I've platinum'd the other 3 games but taking a break from it now.

What should I open up next, Hot shots or Rayman?

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. No (too tight)
  4. don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom