• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1981

Seems like a nice bit of tech. None of the games really interest me, sadly. The device would be a killer-app if it was a portable PS3. Not really interested in playing games designed solely for the Vita.

Launch day is tomorrow and I still don't know what to do . . . . digital download or physical games . . . aghhhh . . . . I'll either get a 32GB card and purchase Uncharted Digitally or I can purchase a couple of physical games (since my 3G system will come with an 8GB card).

Physical is better.

teiresias

Two things to do depending on the protector.

If it peels off all at once line it up and slowly lower it. Let the middle seal in the right spot and let it fall naturally. As long as the surface is clean it will fall right into place.

If it is a peel system set it up where needed take a credit card and peel it with the credit card right behind it.

These strategies work every time if done with a little care.

Another thing to remember is that USUALLY (note the emphasis) any air bubble that can't be removed by using a credit card to ease it out the side is really some sort of debris under the screen protector raising the material. That's why it's important to the clean the surface, and, if possible, do the application in a slightly steamy bathroom (not too much though) to lower the amount dust/debris in the air.

Piggus said:
Hori version for me, though it's not here yet. From the videos I've seen it looks extremely discrete.

Yeah, I bought the Hori one. I like how it's not just on the screen because that means the edges aren't right where my eyes are, so even if it's slightly off center it will be harder to notice since the edges are off under my hands. It looks like it has a good way to position it though.

Shipping Soon
PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

Is everyone else seeing the same thing who purchased from Amazon?

At this point how in the hell would they get it here tomorrow? And ugh, I hope they don't use FedEx because those fuckers don't even try to get in my apartment. They just leave a note on the outside door and I have the chase the package all around LA.

Have you people never ordered from Amazon before. All these items have shipped already. All that's going on is that they haven't entered the data in the computers yet. You'll get your Vita tomorrow.

patsu

Launch day is tomorrow and I still don't know what to do . . . . digital download or physical games . . . aghhhh . . . . I'll either get a 32GB card and purchase Uncharted Digitally or I can purchase a couple of physical games (since my 3G system will come with an 8GB card).

Do a mix. I intend to buy mainly DD titles, but got Uncharted from retail. It's too big to occupy my 32Gb permanently. I can also sell it away if necessary since I don't see myself playing Uncharted 4ever.

For DD deals, see if PS+ is worthwhile further down the road. I got a few good free or discounted games out of it. Also love some of the beta participations.

Mrbob

My recommendation is to buy the 32GB card, but pick up most retail games at retail. Save the card space for PSN only content.

Captain N

do you...do you have to rub the fact that you're doing your job in our face? wegetit.gif

its so good though...or is it?

6772978774_a5be067814_z.jpg

6772978814_8e64d679d1_z.jpg

6919093747_b9a92b9025_z.jpg

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
I went with the official Sony one and I've been happy with it.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why I don't see it mentioned more. It's clearly a static cling, has great sensitivity, helps with fingerprints and smudges and is GENERALLY easy to get on. The whole template guide didn't quite work, but I still manage to get a great application.

The fact that it's a bit thinner/less stiff than some brands also means that with time fine lint-created bubbles along the edges can go away on their own.

Another thing to remember is that USUALLY (note the emphasis) any air bubble that can't be removed by using a credit card to ease it out the side is really some sort of debris under the screen protector raising the material. That's why it's important to the clean the surface, and, if possible, do the application in a slightly steamy bathroom (not too much though) to lower the amount dust/debris in the air.

Yeah, I bought the Hori one. I like how it's not just on the screen because that means the edges aren't right where my eyes are, so even if it's slightly off center it will be harder to notice since the edges are off under my hands. It looks like it has a good way to position it though.

Yep. the most important thing is a clean screen.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why I don't see it mentioned more. It's clearly a static cling, has great sensitivity, helps with fingerprints and smudges and is GENERALLY easy to get on. The whole template guide didn't quite work, but I still manage to get a great application.

The fact that it's a bit thinner/less stiff than some brands also means that with time fine lint-created bubbles along the edges can go away on their own.

I had to pull it off once since I put it on crooked with the template, but now that it's on straight, it looks really good and there are no bubbles in it anywhere. Plus 2 for $10 is a pretty good deal.

Yeah, I used the Sony one and Im impressed as well. Seemed like every PSP screen protector was fit to the expect dimensions of the screen and tiny bits of fluff would get it on one side. This ones slightly larger so it covers the entire screen and then just a little extra on every side.

A wet q-tip will soak up literally any bit of dust it touches, but water'll just hang out on your screen and fuck up the application. Rubbing alcohol dries in about 10-15 seconds, so you wipe the whole screen down with the q-tip lightly soaked in rubbing alcohol, then make sure you get every little piece of dust. Wait about 10 seconds, the vita'll be bone dry, then apply the screen protector on top of the pristine surface.

What works better is alcohol wipes. just have to make sure you dont get any lint on there so get the lint free medical wipes. Great idea though.

Have you people never ordered from Amazon before. All these items have shipped already. All that's going on is that they haven't entered the data in the computers yet. You'll get your Vita tomorrow.

Have you never ordered from Amazon and not gotten it on release date?

Yes. Yes I have.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
According to near (and yes it conveniently got my address correct) I discovered an unpopulated area...

Forever alone.

tn2007

Does anyone know if the toysrus deal of buy $50 in Vita games/accessories get 20$ gift card applies to psn cards? I would like to purchase a 50$ psn card.

Coins

Banned
http://vita.ign.com/articles/121/1219139p1.html

In a bit of strange news, 3G PlayStation Vitas can receive text messages. From the "System Information" section in the 3G Vita's Settings, a phone number is clearly visible. However, without the ability to dial out, IGN assumed the feature was just some kind of 3G orphan from AT&T -- calling the number is a dead end. However, it turns out that the 3G Vita can receive text messages via that Settings phone number. The messages appear as "Notices from Operator" and are listed along with the sender's phone number. There is no way to respond to the texts.

Did you guys know that? I just switched my preorder from a Wifi to a 3G. lol.

Loudninja

So Uncharted is the best selling game so far.
Tretton also reported that Sony has an "initial read" on the American sales situation with both hardware and peripherals, describing a "very, very positive" scenario during Vita's soft launch leading into February 22nd. "Memory is going out the door very aggressively despite the fact that memory is in a lot of the presale bundles. The software appears to be selling quite well top to bottom."

But what's the best-selling game? "Uncharted is far and away the big winner," Tretton admitted, "but I think we kind of knew that."
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219162p1.html

Mims

So just to be sure you don't need to enter in any code or anything to get the voucher for SSD after your first paid month of 3g correct?

People. Screen protectors. Let me know if you DO NOT have one and how that makes you feel. I usually hate them.

Well, not sure I count, but I've had a Vita all week before I went to get one. Screen didn't pick up any scratches and smudges were easily wiped off. Main problem I had was that I have oily hands and it would often smudge and you'd get that colour band, so a screen protector was pretty much required.

Well, not sure I count, but I've had a Vita all week before I went to get one. Screen didn't pick up any scratches and smudges were easily wiped off. Main problem I had was that I have oily hands and it would often smudge and you'd get that colour band, so a screen protector was pretty much required.

Yeah, that's the only reason I'm using one. I'd love to take it off.

patsu

I got Uncharted using the B2G1 free deal. While the set pieces (graphics + physics) are not as stunning as the PS3 one if you look closely, they are actually pretty vivid for a small screen. The gameplay is also pretty immersive. After a while, I forgot I was playing on a small device.

The dual sticks were floaty at first, but I'm getting used to it. I'm trying to learn gyro aiming though. People said it's better but I don't know how it works yet. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom