• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptunes

This has been an ongoing problem with sony, and it's just appalling with the release of the VITA here.

Maybe we should band up with a petition and ask for a re-haul of the team responsible with the PSN update, especially with demanding grace chen turn a 180 or give her the boot.

Sony handles their own PSN stores updates? I think they should have independent 3rd party in charge of the PSN store so their only task is update the store and nothing else.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Amazon finally updated my Vita status as shipped! It just departed Las Vegas, so it should definitely be here in LA tomorrow.

I'm still waiting for them to ship my Rayman, Wipeout, and Hori Screen Protector, but it's looking like I won't get those until the weekend (they are listed as "Shipping Soon," but I selected "Free Shipping").

At least I'll have Uncharted, FF Dissidia 012, Corpse Party, Gladiator Begins, and hopefully Mutant Blobs Attack (whenever they update the fricking US store...:\) to keep me busy. I was really hoping to get my hands on Rayman, though. Game looks gorgeous, and I fell in love with the PS3 demo.

Getting excited, but tomorrow is going to be an 11 hour day at work, so I won't get home until 9PM, so I'll probably have just enough time to get my Vita set up. I probably won't be able to play it proper until Thursday. Whatever! It's finally here!!

twdnewh_k

I was really hoping UMVC3 and VT4 had demos.

Any one know if there are any plans ?

Got my vita last night, qued up the demo downloads, cannot wait till I get home !

I also noticed you cant have simultaneous downloads.

Verelios

For those wondering if VT4 is any good, I'd say yeah. It runs at native resolution and 60 fps during gameplay. Controls control as well as the ps3/360 versions. Online is decent and the people I've played with so far have been pretty cool (not a bunch of douches... but this is tennis anyways, not COD).

Thank you for this. Makes me happy to know it controls well, as that's all I really needed.

MAiKU

Neo Member
“Hey everyone,
Going to make sure this gets reviewed. I can’t speak to what the issues might be at this particular time (not in the office); I know it must be frustrating to not be able to get to the content you and I are all looking forward to. The frustrations here won’t go unnoticed, but while I can’t promise overnight results, I can promise to get this under the microscope. immediately.
- morgan”

Got this from http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/21/the-tester-3-episode-3-make-like-drake/comment-page-4/#comments

Do you think it's about the PSN update?

Meh, dont let that deter anyone. Dont like golf and the game is a blast. Try the demos out.

I said that mainly because HSG may seem arcadey and loopy, but it still requires you to think like a golfer when setting up the more difficult shots. It's definitely more fun to me than Tiger Woods golf.

njean777

I was really hoping UMVC3 and VT4 had demos.

Any one know if there are any plans ?

Got my vita last night, qued up the demo downloads, cannot wait till I get home !

I also noticed you cant have simultaneous downloads.

UMVC3 is excellent if you can get use to the vita's layout. They have simple/normal/touch controls for fighting. I am really digging it so far. The online play works great also, of course I get my ass kicked, but it works great nonetheless.

jondy1703

Neo Member
Does anyone know if the vita will downscale a video with larger resolution than the screen? If I recall correctly, the PSP did it, but it's been a while.

Darko

^ ill wait for someone to do a more in depth review, heres a screen i took.
00WkL.jpg

Flunkie

Banned
yes it's not like the Xbox app yes it's not like the Xbox app yes it's not like the Xbox app yes it's not like the Xbox app yes it's not like the Xbox app yes it's not like the Xbox app

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Finally Shipped from Amazon with Release Date Delivery by UPS! Too bad my Hori Screen Protector and Case will not arrive until the 27th. And the saddest part, is that I do not have a single game on hand :(

Hanging out outside my GameStop waiting for a midnight pickup. I should be home in bed, have an early flight tomorrow, and want to have my Vita to take along. Going to grab a memory card, case, and Ninja Gaiden as well. Already picked up Uncharted and Hot Shots Golf.

Hawk269

Hanging out outside my GameStop waiting for a midnight pickup. I should be home in bed, have an early flight tomorrow, and want to have my Vita to take along. Going to grab a memory card, case, and Ninja Gaiden as well. Already picked up Uncharted and Hot Shots Golf.

wow..how early is your flight tomorrow? And what is the line like where you are at. I am about to leave for my gamestop in the next 30 min.

Ken

Ninja Gaiden up on the store via Search.

35$ :)

If you guys must pick up a ninja game, pick up Ninja Gaiden instead of Shinobido 2 because there is a bear epidemic and you had best keep your distance.

Shinobido 2 isn't very fun. :(

Shancake

So literally every PSP game that was on the PSN store is available to download on Vita now.. Do people recommend Patapon 1 or 2 more??

Will I miss any story if i go straight to 2?

Takao

Banned
Remember Jonathan, only losers preorder and go to midnight launches. Bosses walk into the store day 1.

Stay Strong Jonathan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom