• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS VR Listed For $800 On Amazon Canada Pre-Order Page (Link removed)

Tankard

The PSVR price thread will be fun guaranteed, no matter what the price is there will be blood shed from all over the place.

Dazzler

Lots of us in the Canada deals thread got a pre-order in for it yesterday while the listing was live and they were cancelled an hour later

No way I intended to actually pay that price, but it was clearly a placeholder and Amazon have been known to mess up pre-order pricing, so it was worth a shot

As I suggested yesterday the price would make sense as a bundle.

$399 USD for a PS4 and $399 USD for a PS4VR.

The exchange came out to $1,125 USD which is almost $800 on the nose.

Sony waiting for pricing of all other VR sets so they can walk onto a stage: "$299" and walk off.

Also, I could see a silly bundle with the PSVR bundled with the move equipment needed and a 1TB (maybe even 2TB?) PS4 for $800 for the full experience.

Basically $300 for PSVR, $400 with the move bundle and a game or two, plus the 1TB PS4.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I feel like we are doomed

Occam

Summary: forbe caught an amazon price listing for PS VR to be $800, which was quickly taken down. Sony states that this is an error by Amazon

They are called Forbes. And the link was posted here yesterday, too. Everyone here said it was a placeholder, the date was 12/31. Sony says it was an error by Amazon. So what's there to discuss in this thread?

Elios83

Unless you have some secret source at Sony, we don't know anything at the moment.

They already gave clear hints in the past interviews!
Yoshida said it has to be affordable otherwise it won't work:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ect-morpheus-affordable-needs-strong-content/

House said they're treating it as a new platform meaning that it won't be a cheap add-on like Move but it will be priced similarly to a console. PS4 launched at 399$, PS1 and PS2 launched at 299$. PS3 at 599$ like Oculus and it was huge failure for them.
They know that everything above 400$ is doa (actually to me even at 400$ is doa but that's an other matter :p)

you all are aware that $800 canadian dollars is something like $242 US dollars right

And this was posted before already:

CYIUA6YVAAAAk32.png

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That would be hilarious for the prospects of VR catching on any time soon.

Luq

Boy, oh boy, oh fkin boy.

I know it's a placeholder and it's gonna be lower, but I just can't stop laughing when trying to imagine the shitstorm after Kaz shouts out:

SEVEN HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS.

bgUDbwa.gif

Honestly, since Amazon has that "Lowest price guarantee", is it too farfetched to say they put up a price to have the item open for pre-orders?

Boy, oh boy, oh fkin boy.

I know it's a placeholder and it's gonna be lower, but I just can't stop laughing when trying to imagine the shitstorm after Kaz shouts out:

SEVEN HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS.

bgUDbwa.gif
Well this is a Canadian price so it would probably be 600 US.

daveo42

Banned
Maybe they used the 3DO as their basis for their comments about it being close to the cost of a new console?

No way in hell it's going to be $800.

They already gave clear hints in the past interviews!
Yoshida said it has to be affordable otherwise it won't work:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ect-morpheus-affordable-needs-strong-content/

House said they're treating it as a new platform meaning that it won't be a cheap add-on like Move but it will be priced similarly to a console. PS4 launched at 399$, PS1 and PS2 launched at 299$. PS3 at 599$ like Oculus and it was huge failure for them.
They know that everything above 400$ is doa (actually to me even at 400$ is doa but that's an other matter :p)

First and foremost, Sony hasn't exactly proven to know the understanding of the common man's definition of "affordable" in the history of their business, especially when coming out with cutting or bleeding edge technology.

Secondly, Sony said they will be pricing it like a new console, but they didn't say it will be priced like their previous consoles. They will price it as they see fit, and if they believe they have forefront technology, they won't sell it at a discount.

This is not to say that Sony is charging $800 for the PSVR, but to show that, just like Palmer Lucky, you can't just accept clues to what a company says as truth before a company announces a price.

THE:MILKMAN

Is it just me or are all these high price scare stories just for buttering up everyone when PS VR comes in at $350/$400?

I know Vita didn't do has expected but IIRC there were rumours/expectations before the price reveal of it being up to $400.

It wasn't that long ago that Sony nearly imploded with the $599 PS3 and I'm surprised they've committed to what will be at least $800 for a PS4/VR combo.

Top Bottom