• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 Game spotted in Live From PlayStation playing on PS4. Might be fake, not sure.

GWq60zd.jpg

This image was posted on Reddit a bit over an hour ago. The post was removed from the post list on /r/PS4 which is weird because if something is fake the mods there will tag it as such. The user's account is three months old and unassuming.

This is a link to the post.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3lt72s/image_playstation_2_games_on_playstation_4/

There was also the European ratings of PS2 games for the PS4 earlier this month.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1111670&page=1

I haven't been able to find the stream from the PS App and I'm not home to check the PS4 or Twitch.

Totally forgot about this.

We know that four Star Wars games (Racer Revenge, Jedi Starfighter, Bounty Hunter, and Super Star Wars, first three are PS2 games) are coming to the PS4 with enhanced graphics and trophy support. It looks like they are just the first wave of a larger tsunami.

GWq60zd.jpg

This image was posted on Reddit a bit over an hour ago. The post was removed from the post list on /r/PS4 which is weird because if something is fake the mods there will tag it as such. The user's account is three months old and unassuming.

This is a link to the post.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3lt72s/image_playstation_2_games_on_playstation_4/

There was also the European ratings of PS2 games for the PS4 earlier this month.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1111670&page=1

I haven't been able to find the stream from the PS App and I'm not home to check the PS4 or Twitch.

It's basically all but confirmed:

Trademarks Showing Up

PS Blog Confirming You Can Purchase Them at the PS Store
LRrRPqo.png

Hopefully soon.

Still waiting for Vib Ribbon to be playable on PS4. They announced that when it became a PS1 classic a year ago and I always took it as PS1 classics would be coming but here we are a year later and still waiting.

Magwik

Banned
PS2 (and even PS1) games have been a pretty badly kept secret for PS4
I mean FF7 along with the Star Wars games all coming around the same time makes it pretty clear since there is almost no reason for FF7 to have been delayed as far back as it was

will my ps3 God hand work with my PS4 , or will I need to rebuy?

I highly doubt they will do that to us. PS One Classics purchased on PS3 still carried over to Vita.

Just depends on if God Hand gets PS4 support. If there are special features coming to these games then they probably won't just dump everything that's on PS3 immediately.

Z3M0G

Ohhh... this is exciting.

From what we suspect so far, is this the PS2 Classics from PS3 being ported over? Or different games entirely? Or even a shared library? (PS3-PS4 cross-buy)

PS2 Classics brought over to the PS4 store would be good.

Backwards compatibility with PS2 games would be great.

Region-free BC of PS2 and PS1 games would be HNNNNNNNG.

Toki767

PS2 (and even PS1) games have been a pretty badly kept secret for PS4
I mean FF7 along with the Star Wars games all coming around the same time makes it pretty clear since there is almost no reason for FF7 to have been delayed as far back as it was

FF7 is the PC version.

From what we suspect so far, is this the PS2 Classics from PS3 being ported over? Or different games entirely? Or even a shared library? (PS3-PS4 cross-buy)

Siren PS2 classic is on PSN for PS3, so I'm thinking it's probably a shared library. There aren't a whole lot of PS2 classics on PSN to begin with though. Maybe that'll pick up if the PS4 emulates them much easier.

Yazuka

PS2 Classics brought over to the PS4 store would be good.

Backwards compatibility with PS2 games would be great.

Region-free BC of PS2 and PS1 games would be HNNNNNNNG.
Yes, please! Region-free BC would be so freaking awesome! Mmm!!!

Would be amazing if I could play Xenosaga, finally.
Oh, I wish it was possible to replay those games for the first time again. Would love to replay them without having to mod my PS2.

We know that four Star Wars games (Racer Revenge, Jedi Starfighter, Bounty Hunter, and Super Star Wars, first three are PS2 games) are coming to the PS4 with enhanced graphics and trophy support. It looks like they are just the first wave of a larger tsunami.

We'll surely hear about PS Classics (PS1 and PS2) from PSX.

They would take away the selling point frlm their streaming service.
No way this will happen

PS Now wont take off this gen mostly and its meant for all devices not only for PS4, so PS Classics in PS4 is not going to stop people to use that service because they can access that library everywhere.

My guess is the original PS2 Classics from PS3 ported to PS4 but upscaled with emulating software like XB1 is doing to 360 games. Also, the software brings trophies!! (If you go by the Star Wars Classic post I mentioned above)

They would take away the selling point frlm their streaming service.
No way this will happen

What does PS Now have to do with PS Classics?
PS Now only runs PS3 games, besides PS Now is for people with TV's or Phone's not PS Consoles.
Although it runs nice on Vita

What is the chance the PS1 games I bought on PS3 end up being playable on PS4?
Pretty damn big I'd say. Ps1 games on ps store works for psp, ps vita and ps3. There's no reason why it wouldn't work on ps4.

I'm more worried about ps2games. There are rumor that ps2 games on ps4 will have trophies and even higher resolution. If that's true, I'm bot sure ps2 classics from ps3 will carry over to ps3

Top Bottom