• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

PS2 JRPG Kowloon Highschool Chronicle Finally Heading West (Switch)

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017

Kowloon Highschool Chronicle Finally Heading West​

Publisher Arc System Works has announced that adventure RPG Kowloon Highschool Chronicle is heading to North America and Europe on Nintendo Switch on February 4, 2021. The game is a remaster of the PlayStation 2 title Kowloon Youma Gakuen Ki, which was released only in Japan in 2004. The remaster is developed by Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters developer Toybox Inc. and launched in Japan last year. Kowloon Highschool Chronicle will be available digitally, priced at $29.99.

Kowloon Highschool Chronicle sees players controlling a transfer student at Kamiyoshi Academy in Shinjuku, Tokyo. Though acting as a normal student, he is a treasure hunter on a mission to uncover a ruin beneath the school. Players build relationships with the new friends who accompany him while trying to avoid traps, monsters called “Kehito”, and the student council. The game features first-person dungeon exploration as well as a distinctive conversation system. English screenshots and gameplay can be viewed below.

Source: RPGamer

Reactions: SEGA_2012

Rikku-X

Aug 1, 2020
There was another game set it Kowloon on the ps1 I think, does anyone know the name? I always wanted to play after playing shenmue 2.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2005
I can't get into turn based RPGs where I can't see my party except for some portrait or not at all. It's trash.