• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 40GB Euro Doggystyle Edition™ OFFICIAL!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
llTll said:
how can you sell your perfect US PS3 [ assuming you are talking about your US console and not the PAL console .the 60Gig PS3 has full PS2 play and very good quality motherboard. i will never sell it for a cheaper PS3 model. hell. even the UK Ps3 and the 80Gig US Ps3 have this kind of cheaper motherboard than the US 60 Gig Model. i have zero single problem with my 60 Gig PS3. i will never sell it.

its probably the first time in my life i feel that early adopters are not fucked. the PS3 is probably the console i am happy i bought the day it came out, looking at the newer PS3 models makes me happy i didnt wait.

I gave my JPN (not US) model to my bro when I got the PAL one.

Probably wont sell it for the 40GB model actually. I'll just move it in the livingroom and pace the 40GB model in my "gaming room".

Adding the PS3 TEST unit to the count, that would make me the owner of 3 PS3s. I just need a cake and I'm done :lol

llTll

Banned
TTP said:
I gave my JPN (not US) model to my bro when I got the PAL one.

Probably wont sell it for the 40GB model actually. I'll just move it in the livingroom and pace the 40GB model in my "gaming room".

Adding the PS3 TEST unit to the count, that would make me the owner of 3 PS3s. I just need a cake and I'm done :lol

make sure you post the video on youtube :lol

eso76

nofi said:
Doesn't that just say 'offer' though? Nothing official, and that's what I'm after.

It is official.
It's stated in some press release issued to retailers today, i am not entirely sure sony is ok with the news spreading, but it's 100% official.

Console only to retail for 399 €
Starter (with TWO games and TWO pads) for 499€

nofi

eso76 said:
It is official.
It's stated in some press release issued to retailers today, i am not entirely sure sony is ok with the news spreading, but it's 100% official.

Do you have a date?

I wonder what the new price in Australia will be? Not that it matters to me as I already have one. Hopefully it will drop to at least $699.

rSpooky

eso76 said:
It is official.

when saying console only , does that mean no controller?
also if there isa package with spideraman 3 included free, then that is a pretty good deal.

WTFing

Banned
eso76 said:
It is official.

Thanks man!

rSpooky said:
also if there isa package with spideraman 3 included free, then that is a pretty good deal.

Of course there's a controller included, they have to get rid of those sixaxis without rumble.

Any word on what the 40GB version will look like? All black (without chrome) like the 20GB?

Loudninja

eso76 said:
It is official.

Good news

eso76

rSpooky said:

Well, no i would assume one controller is bundled.
no idea about spiderman though.

Kosma

Banned
It's awesome that you made a new thread for this without any official announcement, it's not like there is another huge thread about this on the front page or anything.

Edit: Or are you some Sony guy?

Kosma

Banned
Eso are you some inside Sony guy that you know it's official?

Calcaneus said:
And I just bought a 60gb unit last weekend.

th_setsuna-cool-intro.gif

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
If this comes out in Japan, consider me an official owner of the trifecta. Personally, I can't wait to get one.

Holtz

eso76 said:
It is official.

Awesome news. Talk about a HUGE price drop. This should do wonders for sales in Europe. Let's see the drop in the US too, Sony.:D

Wollan

Lock. No celebration before official pr.

Speaking of lock, Euro get for Sony (everyones favorite casual game console excluded).

eso76

It is official.
Retailers have received the press kit from sony today and i am sure people don't mind seeing the price on the front page, especially since there's a huge thread people might not want to browse through to find about the new price.

klee123

Raist said:
Now in before the "bubububu still too expensive, 299€ or bust" bandwagon.

Once it's 299€, it's gonna be "bubububu still too expensive, 199€ or bust".

A never ending cycle from the haters.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Official announcement will have its own thread too though..so having three threads might be a bit much...it is/would be great great news though.

Pug

Rumours I have heard (manager of the local GAME, and its not confirmed as yet) that the UK prices will be £299.99 and £399.99. For comparison the 360 Elite goes for £279.99 (although I think its RRP is £299.99) and the premium £249.99. I wonder if MS will keep the differential as before?

NIghtWolf

Raist said:
Jeebus. Makes the console cost 330€. That's crazy

You means > He means a 60GB ps3? if so, thats crazy indeed.

TTP said:
I wonder if I new FW update will be released during the 40GB model launch...

If they removing the GS chip it would be good some BC update to complement :p

Kosma

Banned
If true I'll be getting one next week. I get a 12.5% discount in the store where I work...so I'll get the starter kit for 435 euro or the regular one for 349.

Can't decide although I'm not really interested in Resitance and Motorstorm the normal pack will prob get another week or so to arrive and I dunno if I can wait that long :lol

What would you do guys, get the starter pack with meh games for 435 euro or wait longer for the standalone unit for 349 euro?

Holtz

llTll said:
1- horrible site
2- specs says 60Gig hard disk
3- specs says 4 USB ports
4- pics from 20Gig and 60Gig PS4 models [ black trim and silver finish ]

Also. we already have a thread about this. nothing new here. i am bailing out
That site IS pretty horrible, but they are selling 40Gigs PS3s at 399.:lol

Top Bottom