• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 40GB Euro Doggystyle Edition™ OFFICIAL!

Kinan

Just came to mind that this is pretty much guarantee a firmware update at 10th of October (or even slightly before). 2.0 is coming?

Xekrn

Banned
Pug said:
Rumours I have heard (manager of the local GAME, and its not confirmed as yet) that the UK prices will be £299.99 and £399.99. For comparison the 360 Elite goes for £279.99 (although I think its RRP is £299.99) and the premium £249.99. I wonder if MS will keep the differential as before?
£299 and £399? You mean they drop a good £200 in 7 months?

I don't think it's gonna happen. They just can't afford it.

spwolf

Wollan said:
If the Starter pack really truly will be 499euro then it would be almost foolish to not acquire it unless the games don't interest you (or you have the amount of funds).

indeed, it is more like marketing though - 399 Euro with free movie is very catchy.

f@luS

More than a member.
500 starter pack is like 320€ PS3. Incredible deal knowing what you can do with it .Incredible and so..not very likely i think

Kinan

Raist said:
When was FW 1.90 released again ?

edit : nvm, last week of august. Where is 2.0 Sony ? :p

07/23/07 - 1.90 (XMB Backgrounds, CD upsampling, can change PS1/PS2 video settings in-game, XMB game list sorting)
05/23/07 - 1.80 (PSX/PS2/DVD Upscaling, DNLA streaming, BLU-RAY 720p, Memory Card adapter functionality improved)

I was expecting 2.0 last week, tbh, but with the launch of new 40GB unit it probably was logical to delay it for a few weeks to avoid 2.01 patch.

You know, for all as much as I lust after a One Console Future; next generation I'd settle for a ONE SKU PER MANUFACTURER FUTURE! >:|

Stop this bullshit you monkey asses! >:O

angelfly

The Take Out Bandit said:
You know, for all as much as I lust after a One Console Future; next generation I'd settle for a ONE SKU PER MANUFACTURER FUTURE! >:|

Stop this bullshit you monkey asses! >:O

One SKU would be good if there was one low SKU price. Until then I have no issues as long as one is in my price range.

WTFing

Banned
Like I said earlier in this thread, my friend is getting the starter pack. I told him on msn about the price cut. If it's 499€ he'll buy HS and download WARHAWK.
PS3 + 4 games + 2 controllers = 599€ !
He's :D

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
iapetus said:
We're keeping this in the existing thread until there's an actual announcement. Sorry.

Fair play, I think it'll be a few days yet until we see if official, apparantly it's due for the 10th Oct? in that case I would expect retailer details around 8th/9th, no sooner.

angelfly said:
One SKU would be good if there was one low SKU price. Until then I have no issues as long as one is in my price range.

Quite frankly, by the time the PS3 has games well enough to merit it's purchase; it will be in your price range.

And also, $499.99 is still way out of any rational person's comfort zone! :mad:

Quite frankly, by the time the PS3 has games well enough to merit it's purchase; it will be in your price range.

So is anything $249 and above. But $399 is leagues better than $499 for sales. Should see some decent jump in sales.

spwolf

$499 for what exactly? 80 GB + Game + BD remote + 5 movies?

or $399 with Spidey 3?

Wollan

Further price drop will be a long time coming now. Xmas period 08 at the very earliest. Just looking at how Sony are selling stuff left and right just to be able to push the price down in time for this Christmas season. $399 is a crazy good deal considering the technology.

Twix

kinda off-topic, Sony has registered this logo at the japanese patent office:

8b9b2a20dd2efd95bdfc1b997.jpg

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Further price drop will be a long time coming now. Xmas period 08 at the very earliest. Just looking at how Sony are selling stuff left and right just to be able to push the price down in time for this Christmas season. $399 is a crazy good deal considering the technology.

hmmm - this is a good price , i`d be very surprised to see another cut this year.

Top Bottom