[PS3] Disgaea 4 Trailer | 2/24/2011 (JP) Summer 2011 (NA) [Update:Girl Punishing 193]

#4
Looks nice and crisp, i don't need super detailed backgrounds as long as the art and cut-scenes look good.

Just need to find time to finish Disgaea 3.....
 
#7
Looks like the same old disgaea just with high res sprites. Same old mechanics, same old character designs, same old enemies.

Good enough for me.
 
#11
shinki said:
Looks like the same old disgaea just with high res sprites. Same old mechanics, same old character designs, same old enemies.

Good enough for me.
I'm bummed that it's reusing the same old character designs from Disgaea 2, but you know I think overall it looks like they're making progress, so I'll let it slide.

cosmicblizzard said:
Wow, this looks great. Any chance this makes it over here before Nippon Ichi goes out of business?
Apparently their presentation involved making the company's president dressing up like a Prinny and saying that the fate of their company is completely dependent on Disgaea 4.
 
#12
TurnipFritters said:
Apparently their presentation involved making the company's president dressing up like a Prinny and saying that the fate of their company is completely dependent on Disgaea 4.
If they bring it to the US, they will get my help on day 1
 
#13
TurnipFritters said:
Apparently their presentation involved making the company's president dressing up like a Prinny and saying that the fate of their company is completely dependent on Disgaea 4.
Tough times...
 
#14
TurnipFritters said:
I'm bummed that it's reusing the same old character designs from Disgaea 2, but you know I think overall it looks like they're making progress, so I'll let it slide.



Apparently their presentation involved making the company's president dressing up like a Prinny and saying that the fate of their company is completely dependent on Disgaea 4.
Let's hope if Disgaea 4 somehow saves them, they knock it the fuck off with the saturation of the Disgaea universe.
 
#15
TurnipFritters said:
Apparently their presentation involved making the company's president dressing up like a Prinny and saying that the fate of their company is completely dependent on Disgaea 4.
Man, that would be a terrible loss for the Japanese industry. They'll definitely have my support if it comes here.
 
#24
I'm a pretty big fan of this series.

The only real complain I had about the third one were the PS2 (or prior) era sprites, and the school setting, so I am hyped as hell...

or I would be, but I live in Europe, so the chances of me seeing this in the next 2 years are slim, and, due to NIS's financial status, possibly even smaller
 
#25
I'm totally fine with them still using sprites, plus this time around they are higher res than usual, basically they look good enough to me.
 
#30
Ashkeloth said:
I'm a pretty big fan of this series.

The only real complain I had about the third one were the PS2 (or prior) era sprites, and the school setting, so I am hyped as hell...

or I would be, but I live in Europe, so the chances of me seeing this in the next 2 years are slim, and, due to NIS's financial status, possibly even smaller
Just import the NA version .
 

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
#38
Yeah, those characters look significantly better than in Absence of Justice.
Honestly, I loved the old school sprites in D3 but the upgrade look very nice and it doesn't seem to lose too much of the style in the transition.

If I may ask, what was your first?
Probably one of the Kinect announcement. He's crazy for Kinect.
 
#45
akachan ningen said:
What class is the girl with the prinny hat?
From the bigger artwork, She is a girl just flatchested. From the trailer:



The name is Fuuka, and the class it says プリニ-? Prinny, I guess :lol... like every other main character the class seems to change a lot.

Also she appears with differents weapons like axes and tridents, so maybe she can use several.



Also Axel is back:

 

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
#46
Is third to left in last pic supposed to be a new version of Mao? I like the long hair version in pic 2 but he looks weird with long legs.
 
#49
Snuggler said:
Is third to left in last pic supposed to be a new version of Mao? I like the long hair version in pic 2 but he looks weird with long legs.
I dont think so, It would take thousands of years to see a grown up mao :lol