• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 EU launch in May 2007 in question as Sony continues to hate Europe

Chittagong

Gold Member
"May 2007??" is what a key publisher is shooting for, prepared to slippage from that. Obviously I don't have a link to this as saw this first hand in a preso, so you'll need to take my word for it.

Enjoy the thread!

yeah i'm sure sony has millions of ps3s sitting in a warehouse somewhere, but they refuse to launch it in europe cos they hate europeans

Mmmkay

emot-doh.gif

Are they publishing a (what would be previously released) launch title, or is it a new product? Wasn't the whole March angle to beat the end of the financial year? Oh well, this sucks balls.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
After PSP it really wouldn't surprise me for it to end up being atleast May, maybe September. PS3 shortages and production problems are much worse than PSP.

Never believed March at all, that's the usual Sony placeholder date because it falls just before the end of their financial year. Just like the placeholder PS3 launch date.

Altaïr

Banned
And since it's not a good idea to launch a console during the summer holydays, it's going to launch in September, PSP-revival.

Lain

Not quite understanding.

Some publisher is shooting for a May 2007 release of their product, while not knowing if they'll release their product on May 2007, and that would make us wonder if the PS3 in EU will be released past May 2007?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Lain said:
Not quite understanding.

Some publisher is shooting for a May 2007 release of their product, while not knowing if they'll release their product on May 2007, and that would make us wonder if the PS3 in EU will be released past May 2007?

I think we are assuming 'key publisher' = launch games.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Lain said:
Not quite understanding.

publisher isn't buying May as PS3 launch date for EU

kikonawa

so that will be SEPTEMBER 2007 by the looks of it. If we cancompare this with the PSP launch in europe.. (I hope not but these days, i'm not surprised by anything anymore)

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
That's it, if they slip until September I will be raising hell with my local game shop to have my money back. I ain't wasting 599.99 Euros on random stuff I do not need and I am NOT waiting till September... did you hear this SCEE ?

Panajev2001a said:
That's it, if they slip until September I will be raising hell with my local game shop to have my money back. I ain't wasting 599.99 Euros on random stuff I do not need and I am NOT waiting till September... did you hear this SCEE ?

Mate, get your money back NOW. there is no reason to leave it with them, whenever the thing is releasing. Better in your pocket than theirs.

Shinobi

The most amusing thing about all this is that people thought Sony could do a worldwide launch for this thing 7 months ago :lol...just sad.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
ChrisAllenFiz said:
Mate, get your money back NOW. there is no reason to leave it with them, whenever the thing is releasing. Better in your pocket than theirs.

I need something outrageous such as this much delay ina ddition to the one already announced: the store takes your money and turns it into in-store credit (your money is theirs... basically).

Panajev2001a said:
I need something outrageous such as this much delay ina ddition to the one already announced: the store takes your money and turns it into in-store credit (your money is theirs... basically).

I`m fairly sure that if you gave them cash to begin with, they can`t just turn it into store credit if they don`t deliver the goods on time (Or as expected at the time of reserve). Go in there and make hell!

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
ChrisAllenFiz said:
I`m fairly sure that if you gave them cash to begin with, they can`t just turn it into store credit if they don`t deliver the goods on time

:(.

I like the guys who work at that store and they have treated me nicely with some discounts here and there and good prices on used games and stuff, I am resilient. But if they delay it again I will need to make better use of my money.

Oh and hey, I am in Italy: the country which, in a territory in which customers are screwed, always raises the bar.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm not hopeful enough to wait. If you can arrange it, an import seems like a fine option and not necessarily too expensive at all.

loosus

Banned
Panajev2001a said:
:(.

I like the guys who work at that store and they have treated me nicely with some discounts here and there and good prices on used games and stuff, I am resilient. But if they delay it again I will need to make better use of my money.

Oh and hey, I am in Italy: the country which, in a territory in which customers are screwed, always raises the bar.
Let me get this straight...

You're saying that if they delay it again, you'll likely never get a PlayStation 3 at the current price point? If not, then why would that affect your purchase, regardless of how annoying it may be?

loosus said:

You're saying that if they delay it again, you'll likely never get a PlayStation 3 at the current price point? If not, then why would that affect your purchase, regardless of how annoying it may be?

You see, they have these things called banks, where you can make money if you put money in. If you leave it long enough, you can get lots of money. However, if you leave it in the storekeepers hands, not so much.

Europeans should just buy Wii60, laugh at their frazzled countrymen and splurge on a PS3 sometime in 2010 when it's both a) affordable and b) has some decent software.

(Unless Sony's bankrupted themselves by then.)

kikonawa

loosus said:

let the guy just be pissed. he needs to spit his anger.

Danj

ChrisAllenFiz said:
You see, they have these things called banks, where you can make money if you put money in. If you leave it long enough, you can get lots of money. However, if you leave it in the storekeepers hands, not so much.

The whole idea of paying off the full value of a preorder upfront is just alien to me. I can understand wanting to put a deposit on expensive items, but paying it all beforehand is like giving the store an interest-free loan. Just set up an easy-access savings account or something and stick it in there for 4 months (or however long it turns out to be). Not only will you still have the money, but you'll also have earned some interest on it. Even if the interest is only like 4%, that's still an extra 12 euros (assuming 6 months between now and launch) you wouldn't have had if you gave the cash straight to the store.

loosus

Banned
ChrisAllenFiz said:
You can earn interest in a bank from store credit? AWESOME. Good thing we have Gaffers in the know like you to keep us updated on the latest money-making trends.

B-Rad Lascelle said:
Europeans should just buy Wii60, laugh at their frazzled countrymen and splurge on a PS3 sometime in 2010 when it's both a) affordable and b) has some decent software.

(Unless Sony's bankrupted themselves by then.)

alntmike.jpg

You win the prize.

Elios83

I hope they still make the launch next spring even with small quantities.I don't think they can delay it anymore.
But truth is until the holyday season is over and they can look at where their production capacity is and where demand/installed bases in US and Japan are,it's all speculation.

yilmazz

So how tempting is it for developers to publish ps3 titles in the next 6 months? With development costs that high, wouldn't you need quite a userbase to get your money back?

it wasnt bestheda who told you about the delay...maybe they wont get their port playable until september so this is what they are hoping for...with no optimisation

peace

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
loosus said:

I should do that because:

walter.jpg

"This is what happens when you f%c& people in the ass!"

SCEE cares about how many regional sales they have, right ?

Sony cares about not loosing in Europe too much ground to Wii and Xbox 360 ?

Sony cares about making profits with SCEE and being able to overcharge their European customers with more expensive games, movies, etc... right ?

Do I have other options to purchase a PLAYSTATION 3 without recurring to e-bay or amazon scalpers ?

The warranty issue is the only thing that worries me about importing (or buying my own with my own hands when I come back there during a school break), because it would mean having to wait until I have school off and I can come back to the States to get it fixed.

loosus

Banned
There are a bunch of ways that Sony has raped consumers up the ass with PlayStation 3, but I just don't think a delay is one of them because at least that won't make anything except the timing shitty.

If you really don't want a PlayStation 3, you should use one of the other thousand more legitimate reasons!

loosus said:
There are a bunch of ways that Sony has raped consumers up the ass with PlayStation 3, but I just don't think a delay is one of them because at least that won't make anything except the timing shitty.

If you really don't want a PlayStation 3, you should use one of the other thousand more legitimate reasons!

My comments were nothing to do with Sony, I was saying that, since he paid cash for his PS3 months ago, and he still doesn`t know when it is coming out, he should ask for his money back, and re-order when a date is know. What`s wrong with that?

Top Bottom