• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 2.40 - Out Not!

AmMortal

Banned
1stStrike said:
/signed for in-game music for MGS4/MGO

That would really make my day. I'd really like to be able to play some of my own music in-game.

This.

KojiPro, you and Insomniac have done so much for us, but it hurts me to say:

GET THE STEPP'N!

patsu

JB1981 said:
anyone tried some of the older titles like Resistance .... I have a bad feeling it doesn't support it. Guess I'll have to try it....

Yap ! I can access igXMB from RFOM. Sent and read a couple of messages.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I've got (and sent) more messages in the last couple of hours than since I got the PS3 at launch. All this while playing SSDHD. Clearly show how not having in-game XMB made messaging worthless.

sun-drop

wow .... wayyyy faster than i was expecting really.

booted up hotshots golf and started a single player game ... hit PS button and there was my XMB, sent a test msg to a guy on my list.

smooth as butter. very impressed.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
So where is the option to have the system shut down after a FW update again? I think I've read it somewhere?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TTP said:
So where is the option to have the system shut down after a FW update again? I think I've read it somewhere?
I heard it was under System Settings.

Erebus

TTP said:

Impress Watch reported this if I'm not mistaken. Still don't know how to do it myself.

Chris R

So what games right now support trophies? I know of SSDHD (and spent like 10 mins trying to get the stupid 45 sec survive one)

jsrv

rhfb said:
So what games right now support trophies? I know of SSDHD (and spent like 10 mins trying to get the stupid 45 sec survive one)

I think it's just that right now until other games get patched up

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
rhfb said:
Thats the only one atm

These ones were listed on the blog:
* BUZZ! Quiz TV
* LittleBigPlanet
* MotorStorm Pacific Rift
* NBA 09 - PS3
* PAIN
* PixelJunk Eden
* Resistance 2
* SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
* Warhawk
And we heard of Burnout Paradise is gonna have a patch sometime in future too.

AmMortal

Banned
jsrv said:
I think it's just that right now until other games get patched up

You know, this whole thing that only StarDust has Trophies is quite good for us, if you think about it. It will force "at least" first parties to upgrade within 24-48 hours. By the end of this week most PS3 games.

AmMortal

Banned
TTP said:
I checked but it's not there.

Doesn't the shut off and restart automatically after every update ?

jump_button said:
is they a full list of games yet that have trophies?

Corran Horn said:
Thats the only one atm

These ones were listed on the blog:
* BUZZ! Quiz TV
* LittleBigPlanet
* MotorStorm Pacific Rift
* NBA 09 - PS3
* PAIN
* PixelJunk Eden
* Resistance 2
* SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
* Warhawk
And we heard of Burnout Paradise is gonna have a patch sometime in future too.

jsrv

AmMortal said:
You know, this whole thing that only StarDust has Trophies is quite good for us, if you think about it. It will force "at least" first parties to upgrade within 24-48 hours. By the end of this week most PS3 games.

Wait, do they also intend to do PS1 games purchased from the PSN store?

biocat

How does the trophy system work in SSHD? I have the JP version and I don't see anything about trophies in-game.

1stStrike

Banned
On another note, 2.40 now makes the in-game mail system for MGO completely worthless. It's much easier now to just pop up the xmb and shoot someone a message rather than leaving your game, getting to the mail screen, sending the mail then rejoining a game.

AmMortal

Banned
1stStrike said:
On another note, 2.40 now makes the in-game mail system for MGO completely worthless. It's much easier now to just pop up the xmb and shoot someone a message rather than leaving your game, getting to the mail screen, sending the mail then rejoining a game.

Soon, it will also make the Ipod USELESS.

Killthee

biocat said:
How does the trophy system work in SSHD? I have the JP version and I don't see anything about trophies in-game.
The JP version patch (4.0) probably isn't up yet. Since each region receives/approves patches separately, who knows when the patch is going to be available for the JP version.....

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The Take Out Bandit said:
Still no Aces High when I play Warhawk. :mad:

FIX THIS SHIT SONY!

Custom soundtracks > Trophies!
I listened to that whole album while playing SSHD earlier, it'd make Warhawk 1000X more epic. Come on Incog/Sony/Whoever!

Killthee

Wax Free Vanilla said:
was that japanese website lying?

i can't see the new video settings for blu-ray and upscaling my hdd videos.
The frame block and noise reduction for HDD videos can be viewed by pressing triangle and selecting the video settings (probably named something else...) icon. I think HDD video upscaling is automatic.

M3wThr33

Banned
Games need relevant patches to work. Currently SSHD is my only title that recognized it. We'll see Thursday.

Additionally, the music visualizer order changed.

Originally it went Wave->Visualizer->Wave->Earth->Wave, now it's just Wave->Visualizer->Earth->Wave

Killthee

Byakuya769 said:
Only if they patch it..
and for MGO, I wouldn't doubt them putting the patch on the MGO shop and trying to charge for that shit.
Don't give them ideas!!! :lol

Erebus

M3wThr33 said:
Games need relevant patches to work. Currently SSHD is my only title that recognized it. We'll see Thursday.

Additionally, the music visualizer order changed.

Originally it went Wave->Visualizer->Wave->Earth->Wave, now it's just Wave->Visualizer->Earth->Wave

It was always like this on me.:lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I noticed something. Whenever the in-game XMB forces a game to pause, scrolling through the icons is less smooth. With those games that just keep going, it's smooth as butter.

Try this with MGS4. Bring up the in-game XMB without pausing the game yourself and then pause manually and bring it up again. You'll see the difference.

It looks like the PS3 OS is actually busy forcing a given game process to halt no matter what (MGS4 halts even during loadings...). Hence the less smooth navigation.

Killthee

Dwayne said:
So you can play music over the top of any game right, or is support required?
Games have to be patched. Currently no game supports it.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
SSHD, when I first tried to update it to version 4.00, crashed the PS3... or better... the PS3 beeped and rebooted...

The second time I ran the SSHD update it completed successfully.

Also, most of the already released themes look very ugly as far as new icons are concerned because you simply get a big ? in its place... so I am back at using the default PS3 theme :(.

Another thing, even though on my profile, which loads a bit slowly, the user icon was fine, it took a while to update and use my icon in the Friends XMB category.

Doc Evils

rbgxzn.gif

Top Bottom