• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 firmware 3.15

Goldrusher

Out now!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/12/08/ps3-system-software-update-3-15/

• a few bug fixes for those with controller pairing issues.

• trophy syncing fixed

• PSP minis playable on PS3

4169307554_ac9525a328_o.jpg

• data transfer between 2 PS3s linked with ethernet cable

This feature enables you to easily transfer all of your saved data from one PS3 to another. So if you decide to get a new PS3 you can make sure you don’t loose any of your existing content. Content such as games, game save data, and videos downloaded from PlayStation Network can be transferred to the new PS3 system and deleted from the current PS3. Other content, including personal media files (photos, music, videos), can be copied onto the new PS3 and remain on the current PS3 system.
4169274250_a25605dc54.jpg

mbmonk

Is this THE firmware update everyone's been OMG waiting for?!!!!!!

Probably just fixes the controller sync issues. That is still happening to some PS3 owners correct?

slider

PSBlog or something? Or are you to be trusted Goldrusher? I need more details... not that 3.10 upset me but I saw a lot of complaints.

Sin

mbmonk said:

Probably just fixes the controller sync issues. That is still happening to some PS3 owners correct?

No.

mbmonk said:

It's still happening to me. I figured it is because I have the feature enabled that lates me turn on the PS3 with my TV/TV Remote. Tossing an extra psuedo-controller into the mix probably isn't doing me any favors.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im getting ready for some of the classics:
-Another update?!
-It takes too much time!
-No it doesnt.
-It took 10 hours to download!
-15 minutes here.
-Cross game voice chat?!
-LOLZ
-Lets search for secret new features!
-The firmware broke my PS3!
-Wow new printer feature confirmed
-The firmware broke my aunt leg!
etc

mbmonk said:

The only time I ever had sync problems was when I was using an old bugged version of the Logitech Harmony adapter, which was "recalled" from the stores. Luckily I was still within 30 days so I just got a replacement with a new part number from the store. The newer version made everything happy again. I am using a really early version of the DS3 imported from Japan.

Shurs

Fersis said:
Im getting ready for some of the classics:
-Another update?!
-It takes too much time!
-No it doesnt.
-It took 10 hours to download!
-15 minutes here.
-Cross game voice chat?!
-LOLZ
-Lets search for secret new features!
-The firmware broke my PS3!
-The firmware broke my aunt leg!
etc

Dragona's Blu-Rays.

MrPliskin

Banned
Probably just a fix. Hopefully it will fix that damn Blu-Ray issue, because I really really want to import Life.

That, and I'd really like to be able to sync trophies again...

VVV Thanks. I guess Life still remains out of my Reach. No way I'm listening to Oprah.

kadotsu

Banned
FUDGE YEAH!!!1!

335dab742b3343ff91ca3ae3732b0976.gif

I hope they include some MELONFARMING playback and compatibility improvements!!?! Maybe the SCEAces will put some security updates in, too. I will be all over that.

slider

Minis is probably the only thing relevant to me. I love little puzzle games you see (go Critter Crunch).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Goldrusher said:
December 10.

• controller pairing fixes

You heard it here first.
YES!

Goldrusher said:
December 10.

You heard it here first.

PSP minis without the need for a PSP? That sounds like good business sense - pretty interesting feature, but I have to wonder how they account for screen difference. In a little window?

Data transfer between 2 PS3s... can't think of why anybody would need this.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Goldrusher said:
December 10.

These are pretty big additions in my opinion.

graywolf323

Gold Member
Goldrusher said:

awesome :D

especially the last part since I just sold my sister my old PS3 in preparation to get a nice new slim come Christmas

but I'm guessing that the Demon's Souls data will still not transfer :-(

Fersis said:

just recently found out ps3 recognizes my wireless printer :p

I am going to bitch about only be able to play PSP minis and not full games

amar212

ScrabbleBanshee said:

Before you sell your old PS3 to some neighbour kid in favor of your new Slim you'll remember my words here.

Goldrusher said:
Added some details.
If it's just PSP minis playable and not all PSP games... I'll take what I can get, but that's disappointing, because making all PSP games playable on PS3 would be an incredibly smart move.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
ScrabbleBanshee said:
PSP minis without the need for a PSP? That sounds like good business sense - pretty interesting feature, but I have to wonder how they account for screen difference. In a little window?

Serious? It's important

SmokyDave

So glad to see PSP Minis playable and confirmed. Surely one step closer to PSP emulation. I might grab the last 2 gold medals in Red Bull X Fighters at last!

iceatcs

badcrumble said:
If it's just PSP minis playable and not all PSP games... I'll take what I can get, but that's disappointing, because making all PSP games playable on PS3 would be an incredibly smart move.
Maybe it is just begin, and the media will start bother Sony about that while minis is playable on PS3. Hope it will cause their mind but I bet license/lawsuit holding something.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Serious? It's important

Yeah it's not a joke post, I just can't think of when I'd ever use it... I'm open to being enlightened though. I'm guessing if you have multiple PS3s in the house and want to share media between them? I don't know, in this case having a DLNA server that both of them feed off of would make more sense to begin with. Game saves? Many times they are locked to the console anyway, and are small enough to throw on memory cards/usb sticks in a couple of seconds.

For me the killer features would be:

1) Better organization for media, making slapping a large HDD into the PS3 and using it to store all of the media instead of relying on an external DLNA server to try to organize it. Search feature for media by tag/filename info.

2) Allow PS3 to act as a DLNA server, useful in above scenario where you want your media stored on board.

3) Allow selective backup - big problem when you store all of your media on PS3 harddrive the backup feature insists on backing up all of your hundreds of gigs of media too when all you're interested in is preserving your OS/Saves/Etc.

Sin

You'll finally be able to transfer those pesky locked saves to another PS3...
but they will be deleted from the original PS3 they were transferred from.

amar212

Sin said:

Great job there guys, congrats.

ChryZ

Goldrusher said:
December 10.

You heard it here first.
If this includes locked saves, then I can finally retire my fatty and migrate to a slim! :O

iceatcs

Sin said:
Good way for transfer, ha for cheater/backupper

Sin said:

A year too late. Try harder.

SmokyDave

Benjamin1981 said:
A year too late. Try harder.
Oh come off it. Better late than never and especially with people possibly transferring to the Slim over Xmas. If this is the only way to get round locked save files then fair play to them for providing the option.

Top Bottom