• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 firmware 3.15

fatty

Goldrusher said:
December 10.

• controller pairing fixes
• PSP minis playable on PS3
• data transfer between 2 PS3s linked with ethernet cable

You heard it here first.

I love that the PSP minis will be playable on my PS3, but I keep wishing that Sony would make my Madcatz TE stick backward compatible with PS2 games.

Vorador

Banned
ScrabbleBanshee said:
Yeah it's not a joke post, I just can't think of when I'd ever use it... I'm open to being enlightened though. I'm guessing if you have multiple PS3s in the house and want to share media between them? I don't know, in this case having a DLNA server that both of them feed off of would make more sense to begin with. Game saves? Many times they are locked to the console anyway, and are small enough to throw on memory cards/usb sticks in a couple of seconds.

I guess you've never swapped consoles. The worst is not only the savegames, the bad part is the DLC and patches. Redownloading all of that stuff is a pain in the ass.

Full backup only works if you have a big enough USB drive available, and i'm not sure if the backup is transferable between different consoles . So with this feature, you only need a ethernet cable and two 3.15 updated ps3 to swap everything. End of history.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ChryZ said:
If this includes locked saves, then I can finally retire my fatty and migrate to a slim! :O

Same :D

I've heard it does include locked saves and basically everything else that was not possible to back up to another system previously.

Kolgar

Browser fix, too?

3.10 broke the browser. Both my 80GB and Slim now freeze within five minutes of surfing GAF.

fanboi said:
You do now Sin right? Right?

EDIT: I thought you made a joke...

I know who Sin is.

But i needed this feature last year, when i lost my Motorstorm 2 complete save. If you have ever played that game, you will understand my bitterness.

andycapps

I'm hoping this fixes my trophy syncing issues. Haven't been able to sync since 3.10 if not before. This means I still cannot change the color of my avatar background, which bugs the crap out of me.

Kolgar said:
Browser fix, too?

3.10 broke the browser. Both my 80GB and Slim now freeze within five minutes of surfing GAF.
Yeah I hope a browser fix comes with this update...The browser freezes even more since 3.10

onken

Sin said:
You'll finally be able to transfer those pesky locked saves to another PS3...
but they will be deleted from the original PS3 they were transferred from.

If this is true then that's fantastic, I really couldn't be bothered to start again on SF4.

klier

mbmonk said:
Is this THE firmware update everyone's been OMG waiting for?!!!!!!

Probably just fixes the controller sync issues. That is still happening to some PS3 owners correct?

Mine! Happened to me yesterday again. The third or fourth time. :(

Synless

Hopefully it fixes the BD-live issues that cause some movies to freeze unless you delete the BD-live data. Pineapple express and the new Harry Potter do this.

LCfiner

dallow_bg said:
OMFG

Slim here I come!

I'm thinking the same thing... Wifi would be nice to have plus the thing starts to get loud (but not 360 with drive spinning loud) after an hour or so of use.

so... I wonder if anyone would want a fully backwards compatible 20 GB model (but with an 80 GB drive installed)

Goldrusher said:
December 10.

• controller pairing fixes
• PSP minis playable on PS3
• data transfer between 2 PS3s linked with ethernet cable

You heard it here first.

Finally. Mine have been dicky since I got my new 80GB in May. There some bizarre rituals I have to go through to get it to work.

fanboi

Banned
mclaren777 said:
That's my 28th birthday! :D

pbf032-todays_my_birthday.gif

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
The PSP mini thing is pretty cool. Hopefully the render them at a higher res, I know, highly unlikely, but it'd be nice. At least there's something in this update I'm interested it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dragona Akehi said:
Excellent. I don't have to post anymore.
T -2 days for Dragona's deception.

Yeah, no one confirmed that bluray fix. :(
Also please could you fix the typo on my tag :D

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sancutaries by law 34.56 of the GAF Wildlife Act

jett

D-Member
I wonder how are they gonna fuck up my games now! They still haven't fixed the stuttering that was ahem introduced in some games.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
LCfiner said:
I'm thinking the same thing... Wifi would be nice to have plus the thing starts to get loud (but not 360 with drive spinning loud) after an hour or so of use.

so... I wonder if anyone would want a fully backwards compatible 20 GB model (but with an 80 GB drive installed)
Same here, heh.

(20gb model here with 400gb installed)

Synless

Thank God I haven't had the controller sync issue, I got to deal with that at the launch...well they were dropouts but that's close enough.

Fersis said:
Im getting ready for some of the classics:
-Another update?!
-It takes too much time!
-No it doesnt.
-It took 10 hours to download!
-15 minutes here.
-Cross game voice chat?!
-LOLZ
-Lets search for secret new features!
-The firmware broke my PS3!
-Wow new printer feature confirmed
-The firmware broke my aunt leg!
etc

/thread

Jal

Hopefully it'll fix my Midnight Club:LA freezes.

I don't even know if it was 3.10 that broke it

LegoDad

andycapps said:
I'm hoping this fixes my trophy syncing issues. Haven't been able to sync since 3.10 if not before. This means I still cannot change the color of my avatar background, which bugs the crap out of me.

Trophy sync issues are because of too many connections to the trophy servers. All these 3rd party trophy trackers are killing the servers later in the afternoon and until after midnight. Sync early morning american time and you will have no issues.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Still no background downloads of patches? Those massive patches for PAIN everytime something gets added to the PS Store are annoying me to no end.

Ptaaty

god I hate seeing these updates, just save them to a worthwhile bunch....

with more PS3s out there now my last update took hours HOURS!!

I just wanted to read the messages and stuff in Demon's Souls...hours. Will they ever shorten this up?

And it isn;t my connection, that was Sonys server, I checked and it was at 30Mbit/s.

Baha

Ptaaty said:

I just wanted to read the messages and stuff in Demon's Souls...hours. Will they ever shorten this up?

And it isn;t my connection, that was Sonys server, I checked and it was at 30Mbit/s.

Download patch via PC and install using USB?

Dunlop

Ptaaty said:

Mine took under 5 minutes and I was literally downloading in the first hour the patch was available, I'm in Canada so maybe it points to a different server?

Course it totally fucked up the synching of my DS3's, glad this will finally (hoopefully) be fixed.

gcubed

Ptaaty said:

i agree, lets let those countless fuckers play for a few more months with their controllers plugged in

inner-G

Banned
Now to make all PSP titles playable on PS3.

There's so many PSP RPG's I'd love to take a shot at, but having to play them on a portable is a definite barrier for me.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, could it be game save sync if you have more than one PS3 in the house? First step towards cloud game saving?

inner-G

Banned
Ptaaty said:

I only have a 12Mb downstream, and it only takes about 5 minutes for me. Sounds like you might have connection/router/firewall issues or something.

Top Bottom