• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 FW 2.10 is up

I'm installing now. =O

EDIT: Update contains all previously mentioned features. ....and only those.

The PLAYSTATION 3 system software version 2.10 update includes the following:

* Voice Changer

The Voice Changer feature has been added to voice / video chat. Visit the Voice Changer guide in Help & Support under PS3 at eu.playstation.com for more details.

Using this feature, you can change the tone of a voice that is input from an audio device such as a microphone. High and low-pitched tones can each be adjusted to five preset levels. You can vary the tone when using voice / video chat under Friends.

Other new or revised features in version 2.10

Music

* You can now select [Type 3] as an option under Settings > [Music Settings] > [Bitmapping]. This bitmapping process was developed specifically for the PS3TM system to enhance audio playback.

Video

* DivX and VC-1 (WMV) have been added to the types of files that can be played. *
* Blu-ray Disc Profile 1.1 is now supported. **
* [BD Data Utility] has been added. ***

- To play VC-1 (WMV) format files, you must go to Settings > [System Settings] and set [Enable WMA Playback].
- Copyright-protected files or files that were encoded by using DivX 3.11 cannot be played. - Files that are 2GB or more cannot be played.
** You may now be able to use several additional features such as playback of two videos at the same time with Profile 1.1-compatible Blu-ray Discs. The available features vary depending on the disc.
*** The management data that is used by the Blu-ray Disc is saved.

Edit #2: Stage6 in the web browser doesn't work. =(

eznark

Banned
Out of curiosity, I got a 60 gig PS3. When I fire it up in a week am I going to have to incrementally update all of these updates?

Madman

eznark said:
Out of curiosity, I got a 60 gig PS3. When I fire it up in a week am I going to have to incrementally update all of these updates?
No. Just get the latest and you're good.

Edit: Beaten, twice.

I really wanna check out the PS3 divx support. I'm interested to see how it works in comparison to my 360. There's some files my 360 won't play.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
So I can basically put a divx movie on a thumb drive and watch it on my PS3?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
narcosis219 said:
If by home you mean DivX, BluRay 1.1, voice changer, and some codec support, then yes, this has home.

wait WHAT!!!

chespace said:
So I can basically put a divx movie on a thumb drive and watch it on my PS3?

Something you don't want to save on the hard drive? hmmm.

craker

I've gotten the update. The video playback is really good. I tried it with over 20 different movie files encoded in divx and xvid and it has worked on all of them except one. It's really good!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Does this have HOME?

craker said:
I've gotten the update. The video playback is really good. I tried it with over 20 different movie files encoded in divx and xvid and it has worked on all of them except one. It's really good!

YES!!! It was great watching videos on my 360 but the noise.... good to see Sony wising up.

Tag

Banned
I'll turn on my PS3 when they patch the XMB to be actually functional while in game. Until then I'll pass on these meaningless downloads. Divx/Xvid support is nice, but I'm not going to bother. I can stream these to my set using multiple other devices in my house.

Crisis

Banned
Tag said:
I'll turn on my PS3 when they patch the XMB to be actually function while in game. Until then I'll pass on these meaningless downloads. Divx/Xvid support is nice, but I'm not going to bother. I can stream these to my set using multiple other devices in my house.

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. We were all waiting for them.

Souther

Banned
Tag said:
I'll turn on my PS3 when they patch the XMB to be actually functional while in game. Until then I'll pass on these meaningless downloads. Divx/Xvid support is nice, but I'm not going to bother. I can stream these to my set using multiple other devices in my house.

Why post here then

I'm so sick of these constant updates. I think this is the fifth one I've had to do since I bought my PS3 in October.

-Startup
-Ratchet
-Another one briefly after Ratchet right?
-The one with the Uncharted demo
-This

Or are 3 and 4 the same thing?

harSon

Banned
Any benefit of using my Playstation 3 to stream instead of my Xbox 360? The only feature I can think of is the ability to save media directly to my hard drive over the net. Anything else you guys can think of? (other then not having to leave my ticking time bomb on :p?).

Top Bottom