• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 launch event in France: guess which troll is banned until the first price drop

bigswords

---- said:
Reminds me of an Xbox launch in Japan, except this actually looks even worse since it's a much bigger territory.

Yes Sony does deserve this for raising the price and general bum sticking to the Europe guys. I seriously feel for them, they should not be paying much more and with a gimped BC machine.

Like I say petitions and complaining/crying does not work, not buying the product will.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If that really is the real line, that is abominable and Sony should give in right now. 1 person. 1.

spwolf

nextgengames said:
Not to question French counting skills but i think their is more than 20 people in this pic ;)

10editeurs20070323_014245_6_big.jpg

you are ruining the party, those pics are not supposed to be shown

:lol

Scotch

From all the momentum Sony had/have with PS2, to 360-in-Japan-esque bomba. It's unbelievable. Must be hard times being a Sony fan.

I for one can't wait for UK:Resistance's next update. :lol

vasuba

Banned
spwolf said:
you are ruining the party, those pics are not supposed to be shown

:lol

Doesnt change much. An Official Sony launch party and theres less people there then you could have found at walmarts for nothing official launches

spwolf

Masklinn said:
From the JeuxFrance "article":

* The Fnac Champs Elysées held its own special event, which bombed even worse: they got 5 clients top.

gotta love the news... guy on JeuxFrance forums repoted getting 69th PS3 from that Fnac store...

And that pic with lonely guy - if you check the sky, it couldnt have been more than 6 PM...

justjohn

vasuba said:
Doesnt change much. An Official Sony launch party and theres less people there then you could have found at walmarts for nothing official launches
pheew, thanks, lets get the party going again :D

jaypah

hell yeah, i love it! reminds me of the old days.....deflated mascots at E3, huge signs defaced to promote the competition at gaming confrences, Sega sending those trucks out mocking Sony for their launch troubles, Blast Processing, "NintenDon't", "those guys work for Nintendo", color blind dog....*tear*, good times.

damn, looking back Sega used to f*ck with the competition a lot.

Ceb

vasuba said:

When did official launch events become the designated pickup place for buyers? Let's wait for pics from Virgin Champs-Elysées.

jaypah said:
hell yeah, i love it! reminds me of the old days.....deflated mascots at E3, huge signs defaced to promote the competition at gaming confrences, Sega sending those trucks out mocking Sony for their launch troubles, Blast Processing, "NintenDon't", "those guys work for Nintendo", color blind dog....*tear*, good times.

damn, looking back Sega used to f*ck with the competition a lot.

sony did it best with the Commercial infront of Nintendo headquarters

"come on Mustache man"

jaypah

AltogetherAndrews said:
Somehow I doubt it would have been as respected had the move been made by Sony in regards to an Xbox launch.

well considering that most people find funny stuff funny i think at least the Sony fans and neutral guys would have gotten a kick out of it but until you go back in time and change the past we'll never know. get on that. but in the meantime cry me a river..................

so Microsoft can float a boat down it :lol

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Ceb said:
Let's wait for pics from Virgin Champs-Elysées.

Everyone in Paris is talking about the PS3...let's just wait until we get around to the rich areas of Paris

Pilopo

Banned
PS3 launch in europe bombed, simple as that.

I live in Switzerland, there was 10x more people for WII or Xbox360 launch than PS3 one.

Maybe because sony said they would be shipping alot to europe for launch, or probably because of the high price.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
jaypah said:
well considering that most people find funny stuff funny i think at least the Sony fans and neutral guys would have gotten a kick out of it but until you go back in time and change the past we'll never know. get on that. but in the meantime cry me a river..................

:lol :lol

FrankT

Pilopo said:
PS3 launch in europe bombed, simple as that.

I live in Switzerland, there was 10x more people for WII or Xbox360 launch than PS3 one.

Maybe because sony said they would be shipping alot to europe for launch, or probably because of the high price.

Neither of which cannot be a good scenario from these early reports.

MaX_PL

Banned
shouldnt this have been expected?

i mean, mediocre to poor sales in NA and Japan; why would Europeans go crazy for such an expensive console?

Since when do internet assclowns care about facts.

I mean first the pic of the one person clearly out of context, then pics like this

10editeurs20070323_012706_19_big.jpg

or this
10editeurs20070323_014243_3_big.jpg

or this
10editeurs20070323_014245_5_big.jpg

I mean who needs facts when you have "har har sony am dead amirite lolzbbq! " bullshit.

jaypah

Kabuki Waq said:
sony did it best with the Commercial infront of Nintendo headquarters

"come on Mustache man"

:lol yeah, some people were irate! they also had a nice PS ad with polygon man poking fun at a company but i can't remember who it was.

also didn't a company stack boxes in front of anothers HQ? last gen maybe?

Pilopo

Banned
So what ? pics of 20ish people prove what ?

PS3 hype isnt there. MOST of them arent going to buy it, lots of people came in with friends or just to watch the special event held by Sony.

shpankey

not an idiot
jaypah said:

oh damn :lol :lol

vasuba

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
Since when do internet assclowns care about facts.

I mean first the pic of the one person clearly out of context, then pics like this

I mean who needs facts when you have "har har sony am dead amirite lolzbbq! " bullshit.

someone takea shit and piss in your cheerios?

Top Bottom