• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 launch event in France: guess which troll is banned until the first price drop

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Maybe you should relax, AA. I like you and you're going to get yourself in trouble.
Pureauthor said:
I'm not going to bother with the comments about the Wii.

But as for the Microsoft comments about shoddy hardware?

THE PS2 AND PS1 WERE NO. BETTER.

I'm almost positive that isn't true. The 360's launch failure rate is incredibly high...the PS2's does not come close. PS1 might with the drive dying thing.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Kaiser Dämmerung said:
My contribution to this wonderful thread:

xboat.gif

It will fill me with great joy if this one made a cameo in every PS3 thread.

:lol

Brilliant! :lol

tsef

AltogetherAndrews said:
It's a shame that box is so damned important then, huh? There are two paths that I do not have an interest in seeing this industry take. I don't have an interest in seeing it go the Wii route, bargain bin priced minor power update with fancy waggle. And I don't want it go down the road paved by MS, which would sacrifice the quality of the hardware build in order to shave money off the price and squeeze the console into the mid-price section. If MS wins with the strategy it has employed this generation, then say goodbye to ever seeing a solidly built and powerful console again. Why waste money on something that can be referred to as being covered by extended warranties and that is clearly not an important factor to consumers?

Hey Andy (you don't mind that I call you Andy, do you?) welcome to the 20th century. I don't know if you've checked your supermarket recently but almost everything that sales is cheap and not that solidly built, from your shoes to your car.
People still buy those things because they are affordable but having Beetles on the road never stopped porsche or ferrari from making cars.

vasuba

Banned
My Chemical Mouse said:
Is this board just one big anti-Sony troll fest?

I mean really, it's pathetic.

Excuse me this is Sony Gaf. We made 1000 false Accounts just to promote the 56D awesomeness that is the PS3

shpankey

not an idiot
jaypah said:
you're like a child refusing to believe that Santa isn't real. you do realize that Sony doesn't pay you to enjoy PS products right? it's the other way around. you. need. help. it's just games. and not even games, just the box that plays them. you believe waaaay to hard in a game company. stop. your daddy is fumbling the ball and you're calling foul on the refs? :lol

Bodom78

Wake up call Sony.

• Gamers don't want to get a second job to buy your console.
• Gamers don't care if it is the Mercedes of consoles.
• Gamers like to have money left over for ummmm games and food.
• Gamers couldn't care less about what format the disc is.

Not much buzz about the PS3 here is Australia either.

WolfgangK

Pureauthor said:

Amen. If I was a member of the SDF the hardware-quality argument isn't where I'd be hanging my hat. Telling.

Pureauthor said:

NO THEY WERE NOT. But the PS3 most certainly is. Which is why you'd be hard pressed to find many posts of mine dogging on the original Xbox in favor of the PS2, least of all in terms of hardware quality and performance. But for this generation, Microsoft decided (wisely, it'd seem) that reliability was a secondary concern, and to me that's bull.

Karma Kramer said:
Sounds like you need to get out of the console biz and become a PC gamer.

And deal with Vista. Argh.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Bodom78 said:
Wake up call Sony.

• Gamers don't want to get a second job to buy your console.
• Gamers don't care if it is the Mercedes of consoles.
• Gamers like to have money left over for ummmm games and food.
• Gamers couldn't care less about what format the disc is.

Not much buzz about the PS3 here is Australia either.

sw.jpg

Your tears taste so sweet :lol

bigswords

AltogetherAndrews said:
It's a shame that box is so damned important then, huh? There are two paths that I do not have an interest in seeing this industry take. I don't have an interest in seeing it go the Wii route, bargain bin priced minor power update with fancy waggle. And I don't want it go down the road paved by MS, which would sacrifice the quality of the hardware build in order to shave money off the price and squeeze the console into the mid-price section. If MS wins with the strategy it has employed this generation, then say goodbye to ever seeing a solidly built and powerful console again. Why waste money on something that can be referred to as being covered by extended warranties and that is clearly not an important factor to consumers?

I'm sure most fans of the xbox 360 (including me) will not mind paying another 25% to have the build / quietness quality of the PS3.

But come on at the higher price Europe is paying compared to the rest of the world? They seriously deserve this.

Hunter D

Kaiser Dämmerung said:

xboat.gif

That will come in handy when the 360 version of MGS4 is announced.

scarybore

Somnid

Kaiser Dämmerung said:

xboat.gif

Awesome. I imagine I'll be seeing a lot more of this.

shpankey

not an idiot
AltogetherAndrews said:
NO THEY WERE NOT. But the PS3 most certainly is.
You don't know that yet. Most 360's didn't start having any issues for > 10 months. Mine crapped out at almost a year... but before that played flawlessly. The PS3 is barely out of the gates yet you already acclaim it the best and most reliable hardware ever. ever. It very well could start crapping out for a lot of people at around the year mark, we don't know yet. It's not time tested, except in your imagination. Dude, your spin is fukin DIZZYING in this thread.

p.s. i've had two PS2's and one GCN crap out on me at around 2 years each, and the Xbox 1 after a year and a half, then the aforemention 360 at around a year.

bigswords said:
I'm sure most fans of the xbox 360 (including me) will not mind paying another 25% to have the build / quietness quality of the PS3.

But come on at the higher price Europe is paying? They seriously deserve this.

Isn't the 360 also priced higher in Europe than it is in the US? It's always been my understanding that this has every bit as much to do with internal trade tax and control fees as it does corporate pricing.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Maybe you should relax, AA. I like you and you're going to get yourself in trouble.

I'm almost positive that isn't true. The 360's launch failure rate is incredibly high...the PS2's does not come close. PS1 might with the drive dying thing.

the JAPANESE ps2 launch was pretty unreliable hardware-wise and who hasn't turned a PSX upside down or on its side? It's really not a matter of 360 being better or orse hardware-wise since he is trying to argue that MS makes bad hardware and Sony does not. his arguement is fatally flawed. for what its worth, ive had zero problems with my 360 and my japanese launch ps2 but it doesnt mean that is the case for everyone. hell the xbox was infamous for the thompson drive as well. the arguement is just plain wrong on all angles.

we all know what made the ps2 what it was was the breadth of the library and its ability to reach a point where it was a mass-market product. AA is losing his damn mind in a meltdown and imploying some pretty embarassing damage control.

Bodom78

Dot50Cal said:
sw.jpg

Your tears taste so sweet :lol

Wow, your like the first one to ever do that, well done!..... no really, when your parents said you were a smart little boy they were not just being nurturing parents, they really saw something special in you. Bravo, my hat off to you sir, you are one in a million.

Lefty42o

Banned
shpankey said:
You don't know that yet. Most 360's didn't start having any issues for > 10 months. Mine crapped out at almost a year... but before that played flawlessly. The PS3 is barely out of the gates yet you already acclaim it the best and most reliable hardware ever. ever. Dude, your spin is fukin DIZZYING in this thread.

i decided to stopa rguing with him and battle this bottle of tequila. its talking smak about my 360 so i am gone turn it up and finish it.

any one have any lemons and salt ? lol

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
My Chemical Mouse said:
Is this board just one big anti-Sony troll fest?

I mean really, it's pathetic.

On no, this board used to be 100% different not too long ago. Superior PS3 version was flaunted on a daily basis. You reap what you sow. Sony, even in the face of some shit sales on a launch day, no less, continues to be arrogant. It's like they are in a competition to outdo themselves when it comes to jackassery. It's ****ing amazing, yet sad, to see at the same time.

Norse

Luke is going to spooooge on 1up yours tomorrow....Shane hinted last week he may not be on as often...so we shall see.

jaypah

AltogetherAndrews said:

really, stop while you are f*cking galaxies behind. you are talking in complete circles and have been shown the 360 degreeness of your circle walking several times. you constantly bring up stupid non-facts and get huffy when we laugh at your obvious retardation. go to sleep dude. and don't slit your wrist either, since i've been laughing at you and shutting you down in jest i don't want death on my hands. the only thing i want on my hands is a decent controller.....with rumble. :lol stop taking this so seriously. please, please, please tell me you are not yet an adult. that way i can attribute your actions to "a phase" that you're going through. no really.....how old are you? tryingnottosuffocatefromlaughter.gif

rs7k

AltogetherAndrews said:

You're acting like MS purposely made the 360 unreliable. They rushed it to market and paid the price. Newer systems seem more reliable.

Sony had similar problems with the PS2 on a smaller scale.

The problem with people like you wanting more and more power and embracing it is that it's very costly for companies, and while you may want to subsidize the cost of that hardware, there's ten other people laughing at you. Thus, that's also how the situation plays out in the sales charts.

shpankey said:
You don't know that yet. Most 360's didn't start having any issues for > 10 months. Mine crapped out at almost a year... but before that played flawlessly. The PS3 is barely out of the gates yet you already acclaim it the best and most reliable hardware ever. ever. Dude, your spin is fukin DIZZYING in this thread.

Nonsense. 360s started failing damned near right out the gates. Anecdotal evidence for sure, but I lost my first 360 in March.

Ranger X

Agent Icebeezy said:
On no, this board used to be 100% different not too long ago. Superior PS3 version was flaunted on a daily basis. You reap what you sow. Sony, even in the face of some shit sales on a launch day, no less, continues to be arrogant. It's like they are in a competition to outdo themselves when it comes to jackassery. It's ****ing amazing, yet sad, to see at the same time.

Only us being arrogant today. What did Sony do today that was arrogant again? Since the GDC they are pretty cool and quiet really.

Y2Kev

meltpotato said:
the JAPANESE ps2 launch was pretty unreliable hardware-wise and who hasn't turned a PSX upside down or on its side? It's really not a matter of 360 being better or orse hardware-wise since he is trying to argue that MS makes bad hardware and Sony does not. his arguement is fatally flawed. for what its worth, ive had zero problems with my 360 and my japanese launch ps2 but it doesnt mean that is the case for everyone. hell the xbox was infamous for the thompson drive as well. the arguement is just plain wrong on all angles.

Fair enough, I don't know about the Japanese PS2 things...and I did stipulate to the turn-your-PSone-upside-down thing. The PSP and PS3 are probably their only "reliable" products, but I think the failure rate of the PS2 (American launch?) was probably less than 10%.

I've had zero problems on my launch 360, PS2 (my friend currently has it after I got a Slim), PSP, PS3, or Xbox. So I dunno. Maybe I'm lucky.

Maybe my 360 is about to go. :( Oh and 360s had issues right away. I remember people asking me if they should get a 360 because the news had reported that they were "blowing up." It was definitely an immediate thing. The fact so many were still having problems outside the window of warranty was what forced Microsoft to extend it in the first place.

wsippel

Banned
_leech_ said:
No organization tracks European sales?
GfK and ChartTrack do, but they don't release their figures. GfK releases weekly software charts for Germany for example, but only per system...

Lefty42o

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Fair enough, I don't know about the Japanese PS2 things...and I did stipulate to the turn-your-PSone-upside-down thing. The PSP and PS3 are probably their only "reliable" products, but I think the failure rate of the PS2 (American launch?) was probably less than 10%.

I've had zero problems on my launch 360, PS2 (my friend currently has it after I got a Slim), PSP, PS3, or Xbox. So I dunno. Maybe I'm lucky.

Maybe my 360 is about to go. :(

nope psp had dead pixel issue sony refused to acknwoledge for months remember?

Ranger X said:
Only us being arrogant today. What did Sony do today that was arrogant again? Since the GDC they are pretty cool and quiet really.

There's a thread somewhere around here today saying about Sony reps claiming that they are the only true next-gen system.

Ranger X said:

Their little quip about the Wii and 360 being "current gen" might have something to do with it.

HokieJoe

AltogetherAndrews said:
If MS wins with the strategy it has employed this generation, then say goodbye to ever seeing a solidly built and powerful console again.

Rubbish.

Microsoft needs to plug their quality holes, but the 360 is plenty powerful enough. Furthermore, the fact that the 360 has had some problems does not mean that you can generalize that to any future iterations.

Either way, you need to chill out dude. We're barely into the first inning yet. If the PS3 truly does have a bad Euro launch, I don't think that Sony will stand by and let it die. They will have to drop the price no matter how much it costs them. They simply have too much riding on the PS3 to let it die on the vine.

Y2Kev

Lefty42o said:
nope psp had dead pixel issue sony refused to acknwoledge for months remember?

I'd bet you could go into a store and still have the same problem. It's an LCD manufacturing issue. The Square button thing for the Japanese PSPs was Sony's fault though.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Bodom78 said:
Wow, your like the first one to ever do that, well done!..... no really, when your parents said you were a smart little boy they were not just being nurturing parents, they really saw something special in you. Bravo, my hat off to you sir, you are one in a million.

:lol :lol No need to get upset about things.

This whole topic is comedy gold.

Top Bottom