• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 launch event in France: guess which troll is banned until the first price drop

travisbickle said:
Aren't Germany in a recession at the moment?
Kinda, yeah but they are still either the number one or number two richest country in Europe. I think UK is either number one or two too. It depends on what kind of GDP data you use, Germany leads in GPD per capita(PPP), overall GDP(PPP) and overall GDP(nominal) UK leads in GDP per capita(nominal). France is third in all areas. But almost all scandinavian and liberal nordic countries trump all of Europe when it comes to GPD per capita everywhere.

But yeah, generally the list goes:

Germany
UK
France
Italy
Spain

Martoo said:
If it's showing every terminal folding, then it would be quite large. Folding@home isn't a new thing you know. People have been doing it on PCs for many, many many years.
WOW really folding been around for many years, DAMN I thought it started yesterday.

The question was about PS3 folding globe and how you can see those with PS3 folding, is that clear enough for you ?

Mar

Hunahan said:
xboateroo.gif

:lol :lol

That is pure awesome.

gluv65 said:
WOW really folding been around for many years, DAMN I thought it started yesterday.

The question was about PS3 folding globe and how you can see those with PS3 folding, is that clear enough for you ?

Sorry man. Didn't mean to strike a nerve. I have no idea how the PS3 folding works. I was just mentioning that if it shows every folding terminal regardless of system, then it would be very very large.

Lince

Banned
another pic from Spain

ps3spain.jpg

in my city it was sold-out in almost every place since yesterday, I think most people that wanted a PS3 had it already pre-ordered.

edit: off-topic

Germany
UK
France
Italy
Spain

according to prospects Spain is overtaking Italy at the end of this year, we're a young democracy after all.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
chibcicylist said:
Kinda, yeah but they are still either the number one or number two richest country in Europe. I think UK is either number one or two too. It depends on what kind of GDP data you use, Germany leads in GPD per capita(PPP), overall GDP(PPP) and overall GDP(nominal) UK leads in GDP per capita(nominal). France is third in all areas. But almost all scandinavian and liberal nordic countries trump all of Europe when it comes to GPD per capita everywhere.

But yeah, generally the list goes:

Germany
UK
France
Italy
Spain

If you're talking GDP per capita, most lists I've seen in the last couple of years haven't even placed Germany anywhere near the top. Maybe you're only considering larger European countries (?), but the likes of Luxembourg, Norway, Switzerland, Ireland etc. are well ahead of those larger countries using that metric.

Anyway, back on topic, the French 'event' has to be very embarrassing for Sony.

gofreak said:
If you're talking GDP per capita, most lists I've seen in the last couple of years haven't even placed Germany anywhere near the top. Maybe you're only considering larger European countries (?), but the likes of Luxembourg, Norway, Switzerland, Ireland etc. are well ahead of those larger countries using that metric.

Anyway, back on topic, the French 'event' has to be very embarrassing for Sony.

Yeah, at the end, I said the smaller liberal countries blow everyone else in Europe when it comes tot GDP per capitas.

We need more photos of the UK, there probably be morning ones but still shops have been open for near 2 hours now. I think my housemate is picking one up today.

Jokeropia

Tabris said:
(both DS and PSP are outselling all consoles right now, whether that's Wii, PS2, PS3 or 360)
Uh, PSP is not outselling Wii, which still sells out every shipment. "Japan loves Nintendo" is a more accurate statement than "Japan loves handhelds".

Cosmozone said:
That boat... Microsoft is really the worst company in the world. I'm tempted to buy a PS3 just because of that.

Didn`t you read the thread. Sony did something similar at 360 launch. Get over it. ;)

I notice Phil is very big this morning, pronouncing europe to be the "most important" region. well Phil, you might have turned up here first then eh?

travisbickle said:
Aren't Germany in a recession at the moment?
Nope. Still third biggest industrial nation.

Germany does suffer from a relatively high unemployment rate, esp. in the former GDR.

But being a very price sensitive market with a low HD attach rate I don't think the PS3 will take off like the PS2. That being said I think the launch will be quite successfull, allthough I haven't experienced any hype around here.

It's hard to get any numbers so we'll probably have to rely on Sony press releases (as relieable as they are :lol ).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Hearing several reports of stores being sold out all over here. Seems like Spain is indeed Sonyland, even more than the UK.

Also: awesome, awesome thread.

meppi

Cosmozone said:
That boat... Microsoft is really the worst company in the world. I'm tempted to buy a PS3 just because of that.
You must have really hated Sega when they were still part of the console race. ;)

I think we actually need more of this.:lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Cosmozone said:

Yea the antics of Microsoft is quite bad indeed. I've never seen such blatant company trolling in video games. Even the nintendon't campaign wasn't as bad as what microsoft been doing as of late. Even when Sega was doing their smear campaign against the ps1, ala nights/sega saturn commercials, Sony and nintendo really never stoop that low.

Now with microsoft's unholy war, it seems that Sony needs to fight below the belt as well.

Remember that story about 1000 new GAF accounts created by Sony? Well isn't it odd that we are seeing junior accounts popping up pro microsoft or anti sony. hmmm.

neojubei said:
Yea the antics of Microsoft is quite bad indeed. I've never seen such blatant company trolling in video games. Even the nintendon't campaign wasn't as bad as what microsoft been doing as of late. Even when Sega was doing their smear campaign against the ps1, ala nights/sega saturn commercials, Sony and nintendo really never stoop that low.

Now with microsoft's unholy war, it seems that Sony needs to fight below the belt as well.
You could say that sony have played a bit dirty since ps2 launch imo.

Funky Papa said:
Hearing several reports of stores being sold out all over here. Seems like Spain is indeed Sonyland, even more than the UK.

Also: awesome, awesome thread.

It's pretty much confirmed. It's insane, for such a country. Does Nintendo have any sort of pressence there(as in advertising, a spanish office, etc?) how about Microsoft? The only troll I that I can legitimately add is that it's roughly about half of France as a market. Same with NZ, sonyland, but significantly smaller compared to Australia. Sony can still take solace in that, though.

Project Midway said:
:lol :lol where do you guys come with this shit? :lol

Its time for Jihad!

A boat. Its practically like killing people! String em up, that's what I say. I`m writing to the daily mail about this, and Capcom.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
chibcicylist said:
It's pretty much confirmed. It's insane, for such a country. Does Nintendo have any sort of pressence there(as in advertising, a spanish office, etc?) how about Microsoft? The only troll I that I can legitimately add is that it's roughly about half of France as a market. Same with NZ, sonyland, but comparably small compared to Australia. Sony can still take solace in that, though.
All hardware companies are present here, but Sony is trully the gaming standard. MS doesn't exist outside of the internet forums and Nintendo is only a big player in the handheld market (although I am curious about the Wii sales)

They distributed chairs to people to sit on while waiting for the PS3.

How is that underhanded or whatever? The website it linked to wasn't even something extolling the virtues of the of XBox 360, just a reminder that Sony is launching this thing a year late in Europe.

Mar

neojubei said:

Remember that story about 1000 new GAF accounts created by Sony? Well isn't it odd that we are seeing junior accounts popping up pro microsoft or anti sony. hmmm.

laugh.gif

Blimblim

The Inside Track
neojubei said:

It's funny, I remember Sony doing something like that back at the Xbox pre-launch show (X01) in Nice. Can't find any pictures though.

justjohn

its a multi billion pound war. things will get nasty. nice guys will finish last.
but what i find funny is the people accusing microsoft or sony of being arrogant or using underhand tactics. wtf do you expect. just play your games like a good little boy and leave the nasty business to the big boys. ok :D

Mar

Blimblim said:
It's funny, I remember Sony doing something like that back at the Xbox pre-launch show (X01) in Nice. Can't find any pictures though.

I think some people are turning a blind eye to Sony doing similar stuff, right now.

Flek said:
funny part - first 50 peoble smashing there 360s got a ps3 for free :lol

Pug

In Berlin, if you smashed an Xbox 360 on stage and said it was rubbish you got a PS3. Also if you climbed a climbing wall with a 360 and chucked it off you got one. Sounds really bizarre and goes to show that the Games Console world is very strange indeed when it comes to PR. For the life of me I don't understand why gamers get so wrapped up "supporting" a particular company, its just madness.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Pug said:
In Berlin, if yuo smashed an Xbox 360 and side it was rubbish you got a PS3. Also if you climbed a climbing wall with a 360 and chucked it off you got one. Sounds really bizarre and goes to show that the Games Console world is very strange indeed when it comes to PR.
For the life of me I don't understand why gamers get so wrapped up "supporting" a particular company, its just madness.

Step 1. Import core from USA for cheap
Step 2. Smash 360
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Receive PS3 and PROFIT!

AniHawk

neojubei said:

2zgaknm.gif

Pug said:
In Berlin, if you smashed an Xbox 360 on stage and said it was rubbish you got a PS3. Also if you climbed a climbing wall with a 360 and chucked it off you got one. Sounds really bizarre and goes to show that the Games Console world is very strange indeed when it comes to PR. For the life of me I don't understand why gamers get so wrapped up "supporting" a particular company, its just madness.
Damn if I would have known this earlier I would have bought a used 360 tard version and took a train ride to Berlin.

You even get to smash things for massive profit. Bestest idea evar.

Top Bottom