• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS360] Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi Trailer (Spike x Manga style)

Teknoman

autobzooty said:
yeah, but they were all delegated to a single mechanic of the game (the dragon rush). it was a pretty easy aspect to ignore, and they removed it with the release of Infinite World. people's complaint with Ultimate Tenkaichi seems to be how pervasive QTEs are, as they're peppered through the entire fight.

Just for "boss battles" or during actual versus fights? Also I guess we wont see Dragon Ball series battles...would be nice if this game just packed the entire series accurately (fight wise anyway) onto one disc.

StalkerUKCG said:
Junior so i cant start a new thread.

Boxart has been released makes a change from the normal dragonball games. Goku looks a little wide but i like it.
185249_262130660464715_113299055347877_1227724_6847683_n.jpg

Ah, yes, the legendary nine Dragon Balls.

Teknoman said:
Just for "boss battles" or during actual versus fights? Also I guess we wont see Dragon Ball series battles...would be nice if this game just packed the entire series accurately (fight wise anyway) onto one disc.

i haven't played it myself, but versus battles i've heard feel a lot like very simple inputs being extrapolated into a series of flashy maneuvers on screen. complaints that the game basically plays itself. but i dont really know for sure what it feels like. nothing as heinous as "press x to not die" in a versus match though.

Rapstah

I hope that this at least keeps all the added characters and mechanics (like in-match transformations) that have been added in the series so far... I bought the first one for PS2 and have enjoyed it from time to time. This looks way too much like that though.

Takao

Banned
Bardock is in this game, and his storyline will probably cross with the manga series running in V-Jump right now.

Also, I didn't notice this because I don't own the Kazeban, but here's #22:

kueYk.jpg

Nice homage to the manga there given the supposed "manga style" Spike went for with this game.

Takao

Banned
autobzooty said:
they're making more DBZ manga?

wat

Naho Oshi or however you spell her name, Toriyama's apprentice, and the girl who drew Dragon Ball SD (Chapter 3 soon!), and the manga adaptation of the 2008 special is working on a 3-part manga series called Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock for V-Jump. 2 of the 3 chapters have been published so far.

Some Scans have leaked from famitsu i think confirming free roam only looks like goku os playable in it atm but we will see. Dbz namco facebook pahe confirmed it

GorillaJu

Isn't this an arcade game in Japan? I've seen a DBZ arcade game around a few places that has nearly identical graphics to this one. Haven't tried it yet.

Ainor!

Neo Member
No, I think this is different to the arcade game but it should be like Zentai battle Royale. Its looks to be so much better than Raging Blast.

Takao said:
Naho Oshi or however you spell her name, Toriyama's apprentice, and the girl who drew Dragon Ball SD (Chapter 3 soon!), and the manga adaptation of the 2008 special is working on a 3-part manga series called Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock for V-Jump. 2 of the 3 chapters have been published so far.

probably getting a little off topic here, but can i buy these in english somewhere or are they only available from fan translations online?

is the 2008 special the one with vegeta's brother that never got an english dub? i've been wanting new DBZ content to consume that isn't DBGT for a long time now, you're kinda blowing my mind here :lol

Takao

Banned
autobzooty said:
probably getting a little off topic here, but can i buy these in english somewhere or are they only available from fan translations online?

is the 2008 special the one with vegeta's brother that never got an english dub? i've been wanting new DBZ content to consume that isn't DBGT for a long time now, you're kinda blowing my mind here :lol

You can find it online in English, but there is no official English release that you can buy. It's also an alternate universe/side story type of thing.

And yes, the 2008 special is the one with Tarble.

So conflicting reports :( heres the break down.

Rumours of Character Creator for DBZ UT

DBZ UT official site list a character creator touting multiple customization options

Communities rage at each other over the news because haters gunna hate and knights gunna fight

Comic-Con 2011 video has namco community rep saying its a character customizer and we can change gokus hair for example, customizer implies no full blow creator could actually be just capsual swapping with some added features.

Communities swap seats haters are knighting knights are hating.

Namco as usual refuse to clear up the situation.

How does DragonBallGAF rest on the issue. Character Customizer or Character Creator which would you prefer.

StalkerUKCG said:
So conflicting reports :( heres the break down.

Rumours of Character Creator for DBZ UT

DBZ UT official site list a character creator touting multiple customization options

Communities rage at each other over the news because haters gunna hate and knights gunna fight

Comic-Con 2011 video has namco community rep saying its a character customizer and we can change gokus hair for example, customizer implies no full blow creator could actually be just capsual swapping with some added features.

Communities swap seats haters are knighting knights are hating.

Namco as usual refuse to clear up the situation.

How does DragonBallGAF rest on the issue. Character Customizer or Character Creator which would you prefer.

i'd prefer neither, tbh. created characters are always lame nobodies with stock voice overs and generic moves. not sure why anyone would want that instead of actual characters from the story you care about that are more fleshed out.

customization could be cool if it's like alternate costumes, but again, i dont wanna fight a trunks online wearing a neon purple jean jacket with lemon yellow trousers.

Frankfurt

Banned
Is any of the 360 DBZ games worthwhile? I played both Raging Blasts demos and they were god-awful. Ultimate sounds and looks terrible, too. Same "gameplay".

Is Burst Limit any good? Do you actually control your character reasonably in that one?

Thanks!

DeSo

Banned
Burst Limit's the best of a very average bunch.

Budokai 3 for PS2 is probably the best DBZ fighter I've played.

Throavium

Is any of the 360 DBZ games worthwhile? I played both Raging Blasts demos and they were god-awful. Ultimate sounds and looks terrible, too. Same "gameplay".

Is Burst Limit any good? Do you actually control your character reasonably in that one?

No, Burst Limit is not good, but given the price at this point, check it out if you want.

Best = Budokai 3, Budokai Tenkaichi 3. You've already played Raging Blast 2, so I can't suggest that.

Of all the dbz games on 360/PS3 Raging Blast 2 Is probably the best.

DBZ:UT was an improvement in almost every way but the actual gameplay was such a let down since they changed to to rockpapersiccors

bumpkin

No, Burst Limit is not good, but given the price at this point, check it out if you want.

Best = Budokai 3, Budokai Tenkaichi 3. You've already played Raging Blast 2, so I can't suggest that.
I beg to differ. It beats the behind-the-shoulder crap that Spike uses in the Tenkaichi games. There's just not much to it, character or depth-wise. It's still crazy fun if you're a fan and liked the Budokai series.

Throavium

I beg to differ. It beats the behind-the-shoulder crap that Spike uses in the Tenkaichi games. There's just not much to it, character or depth-wise. It's still crazy fun if you're a fan and liked the Budokai series.
I didn't say it was bad though.

Top Bottom