• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4’s 4.00 update is coming soon. Adds folders, Trophy enhancements, UI refresh and m

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pretty comfy
SmMrNkO.jpg

Got damn! Folders are a game changer!

Andrefpvs

I'm not going to say what I'm talking about on here but I've just found something that was sorely lacking, quiet a few people are going to be very with this one. :)
Please post such findings on the official beta forums, it helps everyone testing the firmware :)

DavidDesu

As if Sony would have a public Beta and then be angry that Joe Gamer told people what was in it, or even worse, made a video! :O Seriously I'm pretty sure they're expecting it. Game sites will no doubt have videos up soon.

Ardenyal

I like the update a lot. Especially the redesigned game drop down menus are welcome. No more random youtube shit blasting and clogging the screen right as you go down the menu.

madmackem

Having your trophies list for every game under the game tab is cool to keep track of what you've unlocked on the specific game without going fully to the trophy list.

Rellik

how deep is it in the quick menu?

Sound/Devices - Turn Off Device - DUALSHOCK 4

The only positive is it's a little quicker now since you don't have to click on Sound/Devices. Just highlighting it brings up the next menu with the Turn Off Device on. But you still got go into that menu to select your dualshock.

I like the update a lot. Especially the redesigned game drop down menus are welcome. No more random youtube shit blasting and clogging the screen right as you go down the menu.
thank god

Sound/Devices - Turn Off Device - DUALSHOCK 4

The only positive is it's a little quicker now since you don't have to click on Sound/Devices. Just highlighting it brings up the next menu with the Turn Off Device on. But you still got go into that menu to select your dualshock.
same as before then. oh well. They really don't want us to turn off controllers. Can you pin rest mode at least?

8bitghost

As well as posting media directly to your wall, Sony have extended the maximum video recording length to 1 hour:

Code:
30 sec
01 min
03 min
05 min
10 min
15 min
30 min
60 min

Angel_DvA

Damn I didn't get in, I swear I signed up right as this went live. :(

Every beta are loteries, they don't care if you're a fan or been here since day one etc... they only people they are caring for are YouTubers or people that can make free avertissement for their games...

Rellik

As well as posting media directly to your wall, Sony have extended the maximum video recording length to 1 hour:

• 30 sec
    1 min
    3 min
    5 min
    10 min
    15 min
    30 min
    60 min

I was just about to post asking if this is new. I wasn't sure if they had extended it in a past update.

If not, then you can just hold the PS button for 10 seconds to turn it off.
I hope in a future update they change it to 5 seconds. It's actually quicker--though more work--to dive through the menu to turn off the controller instead of holding the button for 10 seconds. Plus, 5 seconds is the standard for manually turning off computers (at least it used to be from what I remember).

I know you need to hold the button to even bring up the menu, but it's only for a second or two. So, if you're holding for 5 seconds, it's likely you meant to hold it at least that long to turn off the controller. Plus, it's not hard to turn it back on if you did it accidentally.

Really sad to see they didn't do anything to fix how cumbersome it is to take off controllers...especially with how poor the battery life is.

Rellik

Can anyone clear their notifications? There's no start menu in notifications anymore. Is this a bug I need to report to Sony or an intended feature?

DavidDesu

You spend like 4 seconds of your life to turn off the controller...

Yeah but it would be such a nice quality of life improvement. If you're like me and use Netflix and YouTube a lot to cue up long watching sessions then this should be, and easily COULD be a one button press setting in the quick menu that literally takes you about 2 seconds max to initiate. If you leave the controller on you get interrupted with a notification that's it's disconnected 10 minutes in to whatever you want. I turn my controller off A LOT and it would really be an easy way for me to enjoy my console that little bit more. Holding the button for 10 seconds sounds quick but it absolutely stops you in your tracks.

Top Bottom