• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4’s 4.00 update is coming soon. Adds folders, Trophy enhancements, UI refresh and m

The full NDA-bound change log is available here. Just click through the images, but you'll need to be able to read German though. Anyone know what the Remote Play section says?

AaronMT86

Future feature request Sony:

Let me

* Open up Notifications
* Hit options on the controller (while Notifications/Invitations) is selected
* Slide open a side pane and let me select a 'Delete' or 'Remove' all

I would love to see this basic functionality be included in a future firmware update.

The full NDA-bound change log is available here. Just click through the images, but you'll need to be able to read German though. Anyone know what the Remote Play section says?

Didn't see anything that wasn't posted yet except that you can apparently transfer your complete PS4 contents over to another system over network, for example if you get a new one.

The remote play point only advises you that Remote Play only works with Vita during the beta.

EDIT: Downloads can now be managed individually. If you have a list of downloads, you can select one item and select "download now" to prioritise it.

icespide

Banned
Didn't see anything that wasn't posted yet except that you can apparently transfer your complete PS4 contents over to another system over network, for example if you get a new one.

The remote play point only advises you that Remote Play only works with Vita during the beta.
oh nice! you could do that on PS3. nice to see the option come back when a lot of folks will potentially be buying new systems

flyingcloud11

Neo Member
Man, If I had my capture card setup. I'd be posting videos and screenshots of everything. I did this for the last FW Beta. All you gotta do is cover up your username.

It just isn't as smooth and snappy as shit on the Xbox. Trophies, browsing the store, etc.

Get party invite -> go to party screen -> wait a few seconds, accept, wait some more to get back into the game blah blah. I'll wait and see how this 4.00 update goes.

You must love game installs on xone then!?!

Got an invite for the beta, will test on the weekend when i hqve spare time.

Gator86

It just isn't as smooth and snappy as shit on the Xbox. Trophies, browsing the store, etc.

Get party invite -> go to party screen -> wait a few seconds, accept, wait some more to get back into the game blah blah. I'll wait and see how this 4.00 update goes.

I can't tell if you're joking. The Xbone OS is the slowest, clunkiest shit I've dealt with in years. Everything you clicks open a new app which takes forever, the console has to check online to even show your fucking pins, the different tabs are awful, the store was designed by a blind person, etc. MS deserves credit for the frequent, meaningful updates, but they're only essential because of how mind-numblingly bad the OS is in the first place.

Rellik

loading icons were changed? Can I get a gif of it please.

what are loading icons? sorry if this is a dumb question

Quick and dirty from my phone

instabhu8m.gif

In places like What's New, you'll get all 4 icons in a row while it loads.

So was the 2-factor auth thing a lie? That news story bounced true & false a couple times.

True. It's already available in some places like Australia.

Anyone know if the auto installed apps sony added can be put in a folder?

Are you referring to things like PlayStation Live and Spotify? If so, then yes. Anything under TV & Video can't be put in a folder, but all of that is neatly tucked away under the TV & Video icon anyway.

Are you referring to things like PlayStation Live and Spotify? If so, then yes. Anything under TV & Video can't be put in a folder, but all of that is neatly tucked away under the TV & Video icon anyway.

I do wish they would clean up the TV & Video tab. For some reason, PS Vue is in there twice and there's a bunch of apps I'm never going to install. At the very least have my installed stuff all at the top.

driver116

instabhu8m.gif

All noice.

instabhu8m.gif

Thanks man. Could you make a GIF of the new notification?

flyingcloud11

Neo Member

instabhu8m.gif

oo that's pretty. very smooth. Thank you.

I need this update now! This is the best thing I have heard so far. Hopefully it doesn't take long for the official release of FW 4.0.

muteki

This is understandable, but annoying. I hate having to scroll past icons for services I don't have/can't get/already have but incorrect links/etc. to get to the apps I actually work.

Stuill waiting for them to make a UI that isn't slow as fuck.

That's the second time today I've heard this complaint on GAF and I couldn't disagree more.
The ps4 UI is the snappiest one I've used on a console since the 360. It's faster than the Xbox One UI based on the opportunity I had testing my nephews brand new purchase.

Top Bottom